Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, relax little bit.

I was just relaxing little bit and showing how childish behavior some of you has.

To answer your question. I don’t have neither bad, neither good news from Stemson, neither I know any more info than their official infos on their website.

Stop going off-topic whole the time. If you have any relevant information about Stemson, then share it. If not, then stop going off-topic. Thanks.
Hey Joxy do you know if pig trials have even started? I haven't seen any statements anywhere that pig trials have started.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, we will know that on their next conference. I can not claim anything than their official statement.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you know? Were you there? Did you get any video clips?
send them a question and ask about stemson presentation - attendais@healthegy.com

"Typically, we reserve the viewing rights for paying registrants, but I will give you access to this one presentation as a courtesy. I hope you have a terrific Friday.

Click here for video access."

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
send them a question and ask about stemson presentation - attendais@healthegy.com

"Typically, we reserve the viewing rights for paying registrants, but I will give you access to this one presentation as a courtesy. I hope you have a terrific Friday.

Click here for video access
Thank you so much froggy7! At least we know from this that they are testing the pigs but still no answers about the amount or level of success they've had other than they're trying to perfect the process in the porcine models they're working with. The other thing they showed in the video is what the cloned follicles look like. Indeed they're not quite the shape that a normal human scalp hair follicle should look like. So yeah, this gave a reasonable clue about their current state of progress they've reached. This video was somewhat informative in fact. Thanks again! Greatly appreciated you sharing this.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you so much froggy7! At least we know from this that they are testing the pigs but still no answers about the amount or level of success they've had other than they're trying to perfect the process in the porcine models they're working with. The other thing they showed in the video is what the cloned follicles look like. Indeed they're not quite the shape that a normal human scalp hair follicle should look like. So yeah, this gave a reasonable clue about their current state of progress they've reached. This video was somewhat informative in fact. Thanks again! Greatly appreciated you sharing this.
you have nothing to thank me for, these messages can be obtained by anyone who sends them a message

HMI 115 IS THE CURE dude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who is them?
Raccoon my takeaway from the video is that they are still very far from clinical trial. They are still stuck trying to derive induce good formation of the epithelium portion of the HF

it made me smile when he said that rat studies don’t translate to humans… it almost as if he visits this forum haha

Last edited:

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Raccoon my takeaway from the video is that they are still very far from clinical trial. They are still stuck trying to derive induce good formation of the epithelium portion of the HF

it made me smile when he said that rat studies don’t translate to humans… it almost as if he visits this forum haha
I agree with you. They showed a picture of their ISPC follicles compared to normal human follicles and they look like different creatures. They're shaped wrongly. How they will fix this is beyond me. It seems like they're headed sideways and not forward. This is very bad news. Until this can be worked out I don't even see the point in testing much in pig models. They have to figure out how to generate a follicle that looks normal first because the example they show is misshapen.

Actually, maybe Geoff Hamilton does visit this forum? I actually sent the press secretary this discussion, explaining it was 91 pages long at the time, all about Stemson. They might be curious about what's being discussed about them that they're not aware of. This in order to address the public's questions. At least we do know they are really testing in pigs now but the shame is they don't even know how to make a proper follicle. There will not be cosmetically acceptable results until this gets resolved. Now the question is has any group or scientist cloned a follicle that has a normal shape?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good find Froggy.

It looks like Stemson has started their series B fundraising, with the goal of starting clinical trials

Btw that picture of the weirdly shaped hair was **without** the use of the bio degradable scaffold they invented to solve this issue. Presumably they solved that issue years ago since there are pictures of that scaffold on the internet from at least 2019.

Geoff seemed confident they can mature the tech enough to start clinical trials rather soon.

And my bet is that he isn’t showing all the goodies in those presentations, he is saving some for later during the private meeting with investors obviously.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good find Froggy.

It looks like Stemson has started their series B fundraising, with the goal of starting clinical trials

Btw that picture of the weirdly shaped hair was **without** the use of the bio degradable scaffold they invented to solve this issue. Presumably they solved that issue years ago since there are pictures of that scaffold on the internet from at least 2019.

Geoff seemed confident they can mature the tech enough to start clinical trials rather soon.

And my bet is that he isn’t showing all the goodies in those presentations, he is saving some for later during the private meeting with investors obviously.
The fact that they want to use it with robots make it take wayy longerr to get to the patient :/

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for explaining that. I was wondering that because if those follicles were what they have produced then it would be that they've not gotten to where they should be. Are you totally sure what you're saying is the case? Now I would like to see what a follicle looks like with scaffolding. I'm surprised the scaffolding could make a follicle look normal in its shape and structure. The scaffolding I know is used for direction of the hair to grow but it guiding the shape of the hair too I was not aware of.