Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but their main focus is the custom product which takes the patient's own follicle and recreates them as I understand. The second product is more generic, where you get hair from a donor. Probably somewhat suited to your own hair. This is, appararently, for the masses. I wonder what kind of pricing they are looking for regarding the first product. Since it is not for "the masses", it will probably not be cheap.

The "rogaine 2.0" doesn't worry me that much. It seems to be a by-product of their current research and not the priority. It shouldn't distract them in any way.
imo 100k$>

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
imo 100k$>
You folks are jumping ahead of yourselves. I will breathe a sigh of relief once they've finally got this cloning business solved. It won't be $100K. Why? No one is going to pay that and no one will make money that way either. I think we're more likely going to see it being 20K, tops! Even that is high enough to make people question whether or not to get it. Probably we're looking at 10 to 20K when it premiers and with time and more people competing to do the procedure the price will drop a little. With enough people wanting the cloning done they will make money on volume from customers. 100K is just not realistic.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You folks are jumping ahead of yourselves. I will breathe a sigh of relief once they've finally got this cloning business solved. It won't be $100K. Why? No one is going to pay that and no one will make money that way either. I think we're more likely going to see it being 20K, tops! Even that is high enough to make people question whether or not to get it. Probably we're looking at 10 to 20K when it premiers and with time and more people competing to do the procedure the price will drop a little. With enough people wanting the cloning done they will make money on volume from customers. 100K is just not realistic.
Initially, it is very possible imo. The are enough balding athletes, entertainers, business tycoons, entrepreneurs etc that can easily pay that. When these groups are done, the prices will lower.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't been following this treatment. The talking reminds me of Tsuji. Has it been tested on humans or do we have only pictures of mice, 5 years and hope?

I just want to return to NW1 with a better density. I could get a hair transplant but I don't like the idea of a big scar in the back of my head.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't been following this treatment. The talking reminds me of Tsuji. Has it been tested on humans or do we have only pictures of mice, 5 years and hope?

I just want to return to NW1 with a better density. I could get a hair transplant but I don't like the idea of a big scar in the back of my head.
There is another revolutionary development other than Stemson and Tsuji.

It is called FUE, you can google it.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wow, smart boy. Why so agressive? You need a rest. 5 seconds to answer me and I hadn't quoted you. I know what FUE is. I also don't like tiny scars.

But, after your answer, I can have an idea of where this treatment is right now. 5 years of hope it is.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
keep dreaming...

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, smart boy. Why so agressive? You need a rest. 5 seconds to answer me and I hadn't quoted you. I know what FUE is. I also don't like tiny scars.

But, after your answer, I can have an idea of where this treatment is right now. 5 years of hope it is.
No agression at all. The tiny scars are invisible to the naked eye, even when going completely bald.

I have no information on this treatment btw, it seems positive that they moved on to pigs, but I guess no one knows how that is going.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it seems positive that they moved on to pigs, but I guess no one knows how that is going.
That's exactly the problem. No one asks what the results of the pig trials have been so far, and I have basically been ignored after contacting 3 or 4 people associated with Stemson. They've been testing on pigs for a year by now, at least. Worse yet, some members of this forum think I'm mentally ill because I reach out to Stemson in search of answers, as if doing this is an unreasonable request to demand. My guess is if they say that the result of their pig trials has been dismal, they fear their corporate funding (and jobs) will disappear, which would kill the possibility they could find a solution, eventually. Although I am totally on board with Stemson's mission to cure baldness, as a company I am finding them to now be distasteful in how they don't wish to communicate with the public to answer very basic questions. I would like to have a good relationship with the people at the company, however. To their corporate money investors (if they read these forums, fat chance), just because they failed a number of times doesn't mean they will continue to fail. If their plan makes sense and just needs refinement to work, then to continue funding them could still make for a good result in time. It's only if they're stumped and have no other ideas likely to work that it's time to pull the plug on funding. The first group to do quality hair cloning will be rolling in the dough. It's worth the investment if a company is innovating.

Last edited:

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I wouldn't do an FUE procedure if you paid me. This is no way to tackle the problem. Cloning is the solution that makes real sense to do. This will gain hair throughout. FUE will create mini scars and leave a person with less hair overall. Not the solution! Sure one could take non-scalp hair to move but it is different hair from the one which the scalp makes, so it makes no sense to do. My trichologist even explained that possibility to me after my suggestion and realize she's absolutely right. Why would I want beard hairs growing in my scalp? The rough and ragged texture of them wouldn't make sense to use as scalp hair.

Last edited:

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's exactly the problem. No one asks what the results of the pig trials have been so far, and I have basically been ignored after contacting 3 or 4 people associated with Stemson. They've been testing on pigs for a year by now, at least. Worse yet, some members of this forum think I'm mentally ill because I reach out to Stemson in search of answers, as if doing this is an unreasonable request to demand. My guess is if they say that the result of their pig trials has been dismal, they fear their corporate funding (and jobs) will disappear, which would kill the possibility they could find a solution, eventually. Although I am totally on board with Stemson's mission to cure baldness, as a company I am finding them to now be distasteful in how they don't wish to communicate with the public to answer very basic questions. I would like to have a good relationship with the people at the company, however. To their corporate money investors (if they read these forums, fat chance), just because they failed a number of times doesn't mean they will continue to fail. If their plan makes sense and just needs refinement to work, then to continue funding them could still make for a good result in time. It's only if they're stumped and have no other ideas likely to work that it's time to pull the plug on funding. The first group to do quality hair cloning will be rolling in the dough. It's worth the investment if a company is innovating.
earn millions or billions employ world-class scientists and you'll have a solution

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to what Stemson claims they have hired world class scientists already, unless they're being dishonest?
even the best scientists sometimes need many years and a lot of money to find a solution and improve it, they were not honest in 2019, but I suppose Alexey lied so as not to scare potential investors away

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
even the best scientists sometimes need many years and a lot of money to find a solution and improve it, they were not honest in 2019, but I suppose Alexey lied so as not to scare potential investors away
The thing is, people have studied their professions for years and paid for their education, if they get no compensation for it then they made a bad choice for what to do (for a living). If lying to investors is the difference between earning a living and not, would it then be a surprise if it did happen? I hate to pose even the possibility Alexey would do this. I never met the man or talked with him. From the videos I've seen of him this is not something I would think. He appears to be a decent man. It's just that for these things to happen are not outside of the realm of possibilities. Most people want to do what it takes to earn a buck, even if not fully stating the real situation. Sadly, I've led investors wrongly before, not for a fortune of money though. It is not something I feel good about or would ever do again. Some things are worth more than money. Being honest with people in business to me is a lot more important now than making more money through deception. Having a clear conscience in life is worth something too, especially as we will need to reflect on these things when we die in a review of our life and how we made people feel bad by doing the wrong things. Sadly, some of the people I worked for in boiler room operations were religious Jews and some were not and not religious or people of faith. It shows how people are flawed, religious or not. The thing is how people claim a religion but when it comes to the source of how it makes them better people it often doesn't in many important ways. They just roll through the motions of rituals but doesn't often improve in how they deal with their fellow man often enough. In the scheme of things, I want Stemson to accomplish their mission. If they were more forward about their progress or lack of it would make them in my eyes a better company. If they would answer my questions and were really forward about what is going on it could help. Through trust they may gain even more investment money. When people are forward and honest it gives a green light that these folks are the real deal and could lead to even more people wanting to help and people see them as transparent and trustworthy. When our government lies to us and keeps secrets from us to most people it doesn't make them feel the government is on their side. Being good to those we deal with leads to more good things usually. I'm not saying the people at Stemson are bad, but I think they could be more forward about what is going on there. If they are getting nowhere, at least they should let us know so we don't have the anxiety of false hope. They need to know that hair loss sufferers are an anxious bunch who need answers, not to be left in suspense.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have some good news to report. I noticed that Stemson took down the job listing on their site posted on 2/26. This is the big one, to get someone to prepare for the human trials. They may surprise us when we least expect it. It's either that or that human trials are not in the foreseeable future.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No agression at all. The tiny scars are invisible to the naked eye, even when going completely bald.

I have no information on this treatment btw, it seems positive that they moved on to pigs, but I guess no one knows how that is going.
Rlx. We're good. Thxs. Following hair loss news gets really frustrating with time.

We all waiting for the news that will make us think: " Oh, sh*t! It is finally happening! And SOON!". Then we let ourselves dream about technological stuff but life always remind us that it is what it is and it will happen when it happens.

In the end I will probably end up doing a FUE against my will.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is, people have studied their professions for years and paid for their education, if they get no compensation for it then they made a bad choice for what to do (for a living). If lying to investors is the difference between earning a living and not, would it then be a surprise if it did happen? I hate to pose even the possibility Alexey would do this. I never met the man or talked with him. From the videos I've seen of him this is not something I would think. He appears to be a decent man. It's just that for these things to happen are not outside of the realm of possibilities. Most people want to do what it takes to earn a buck, even if not fully stating the real situation. Sadly, I've led investors wrongly before, not for a fortune of money though. It is not something I feel good about or would ever do again. Some things are worth more than money. Being honest with people in business to me is a lot more important now than making more money through deception. Having a clear conscience in life is worth something too, especially as we will need to reflect on these things when we die in a review of our life and how we made people feel bad by doing the wrong things. Sadly, some of the people I worked for in boiler room operations were religious Jews and some were not and not religious or people of faith. It shows how people are flawed, religious or not. The thing is how people claim a religion but when it comes to the source of how it makes them better people it often doesn't in many important ways. They just roll through the motions of rituals but doesn't often improve in how they deal with their fellow man often enough. In the scheme of things, I want Stemson to accomplish their mission. If they were more forward about their progress or lack of it would make them in my eyes a better company. If they would answer my questions and were really forward about what is going on it could help. Through trust they may gain even more investment money. When people are forward and honest it gives a green light that these folks are the real deal and could lead to even more people wanting to help and people see them as transparent and trustworthy. When our government lies to us and keeps secrets from us to most people it doesn't make them feel the government is on their side. Being good to those we deal with leads to more good things usually. I'm not saying the people at Stemson are bad, but I think they could be more forward about what is going on there. If they are getting nowhere, at least they should let us know so we don't have the anxiety of false hope. They need to know that hair loss sufferers are an anxious bunch who need answers, not to be left in suspense.
I know a lot of bald people who don't give a sh*t whether Stemson will be successful or not, they don't even know about the existence of such a company, after your posts you can see that you are desperate and you simply can't cope mentally, your appearance is a priority for you, for me too, but no I'm sending messages to Stemson because I'm an ordinary person and I know they don't give a sh*t like me or you, they only inform investors about the progress, I don't trust Hamilton, he's a nice guy smiling etc, but he doesn't say anything interesting but keeps repeating the same old news Alexey lied

HLC2020: Do you have a strategy to propel this technology to be @ market before or during 2020?

Dr. Terskikh: As I pointed out earlier – all depends on funding. In principle, we might be able to deliver a product by 2020 given sufficient funding.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have some good news to report. I noticed that Stemson took down the job listing on their site posted on 2/26. This is the big one, to get someone to prepare for the human trials. They may surprise us when we least expect it. It's either that or that human trials are not in the foreseeable future.
do you think it will be available in 10 years?

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
imo yes, but my opinion is useless, it is only a guess, i would be very pleased if it takes them 10 years to restore my hair

absolutely unrelated but

but would this technology be usable for people loosing their eyebrows and would it be able to create unlimited eyebrows hair from blood sample in the same way they are planning on doing with hair on the scalp?

sorry for the annoyance but i just washed my hair toay and it looks so thin and receeded same for my eyebrow so i'm seriously consiering giing up and waiting for stemson or dnoo or whateer to gie me thick hair again............... i'm just afraid of it neer being released as always