Starting finasteride again .5 mg ED

HairLiker

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. Your hair looks good to me, OP. You say you're microdosing finasteride and you've experienced no serious sides. Maybe keep doing what you're doing and don't overthink it, just to keep anxiety at bay. I can relate, and I'm sure most people here can, because many of us obsessively look in the mirror, take pictures constantly and whatnot. I don't see why you would change anything at this point. Good luck with therapy.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree. Your hair looks good to me, OP. You say you're microdosing finasteride and you've experienced no serious sides. Maybe keep doing what you're doing and don't overthink it, just to keep anxiety at bay. I can relate, and I'm sure most people here can, because many of us obsessively look in the mirror, take pictures constantly and whatnot. I don't see why you would change anything at this point. Good luck with therapy.
Yeah I think it’s just some days depending on how my hair falls it will look bad as @Mr. Slap Head has expressed to me. I will stay on .5mg finasteride 3x a week until I hit march then re asses.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Started finasteride dec 13th. .5mg 3x. Week. How am I coming along? I can’t tell if I’m getting better or worse…

Attachments

• F9A5A3AD-CD8B-48CA-ABDA-CF2235C43BD7.jpeg
    F9A5A3AD-CD8B-48CA-ABDA-CF2235C43BD7.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 2BF34523-8A80-42CE-B027-5A39639CBE01.jpeg
    2BF34523-8A80-42CE-B027-5A39639CBE01.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 151
  • EDFAC8E0-54B2-410B-8A16-C44E9F5DE08B.jpeg
    EDFAC8E0-54B2-410B-8A16-C44E9F5DE08B.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 164

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Here’s to another 3 months! I hope I get more improvements given, my situation is mild…

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn I should get back on finasteride then :(
u are obviously balding with male pattern baldness>> but its very slow or may have stopped. and swtiched to thinning. this si what happeend to me from 2001 to now present 2022 ( 17 years).... i have not gone totally bald ...because my grandfather was not bald .. he had the same receding pattern as me...

Last edited:

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you!!! Yes paranoia and anxiety are my mental issues I’ve had since a child, but I have been seeing a therapist to help with it. Nonetheless, I still value the sh*t out of my hair so I I’m weary of staying on.5 3x a week I’m only getting 1.5 finasteride a week which seems too low, anyone else on this dose?
these mental conditions actually have a correlation with hair loss and onset of male pattern baldness.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Compare the first two and last two pics. Two are today and other two are from dec 2020
If the first 2 pics from left to right are before finasteride? If yes there seems to be improvement in the last 2 pics in the form of vellus hairs

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline is virtually unchanged since your photos from from 2014. Your crown hasn’t changed much either.

I can understand and somewhat relate to your paranoia given your family history of paternal hairloss. That being said, just keep your regimen consistent for now and monitor every 6 months or so with consistent pics.
I don't think he is affected by paternal hair loss. He should be looking at his maternal grandfather

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why you say that
U cant inherit the major foundational gene for male pattern baldness from the paternal side because the father only contributes a Y to make u XY (male) ..The MBP gene reside on the X which is inherited from the maternal side of the family with an history of MBP who contrributed XX to yr mum. One of the X ( yr maternal grandfather or yr mum ) came to u. So its all to do with yr mother side of family, if u have bald maternal grandfathers like yr mum's father or her own maternal uncles or brothers , u likely to bald as well . The word here is likely.. but there is a chance 50-50 chance u will not., depending on which X u inherited from yr mum;s side.

Remember females have been carrying the Baldness gene on one of their Xs all along but it did not manifest itself on them or their daughters but rather on their sons and brothers, Since yr mum is XX ( 2 Xs) its either of the 2 below:

U inherited:

The X of yr mum inherited from her own mum ( yr maternal grandmum) who has the baldness on X
the X of yr mum's father ( yr maternal grandfather) who has baldness on X

In my case

my maternal grandmum has brothers who are bald. But her husband ( my maternal grandfather is not bald)
My mum could have inherited the baldness X from her own mum, or her father ( my maternal grndfather)
She passed it on to me as X ( with baldness) + Y ( my father) = I am XY. As u can see why my father has nothign to do with baldness beacuse he did not contribute an X.

But looking at myself i am not bald . only expereincing a very slow thinning male pattern baldness . the temples have resided but not as bad.. it follows almost the same pattern as my maternal grandfather ( my mum's fatther) who at old age of 60s passed away with some hair but not totally bald. just a NW1-2 .
So its most likely i got my baldness X from my maternal grandfather...if i were to inherit the baldness X from my grandmum who has bald brothers, i would have been totally bald by now ( my age 42) because they , my grandmum's brothers were bald at 40 years of age

The key here is to look at these people especially their younger and current family photographs to study their hair loss pattern:

Yr maternal grandmum's brothers
Yr mum's father
Yr mum's brothers

T0 find out who u inherited the problem from.

For my own example:

my maternal grandmum's brothers ( bald after 40 )
my mum's father ( not bald/ NW1-2)
my mum's brothers ( not bald/ thinning hair after 50 )

I have the same pattern as my maternal gradnfather

So its likely that i have inherited the baldness X from my grandfather since my
my mum's brothers ( not bald/ 1 of them thinning hair after 50 )

Last edited:

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
U cant inherit the major foundational gene for male pattern baldness from the paternal side because the father only contributes a Y to make u XY (male) ..The MBP gene reside on the X which is inherited from the maternal side of the family with an history of MBP who contrributed XX to yr mum. One of the X ( yr maternal grandfather or yr mum ) came to u. So its all to do with yr mother side of family, if u have bald maternal grandfathers like yr mum's father or her own maternal uncles or brothers , u likely to bald as well . The word here is likely.. but there is a chance 50-50 chance u will not., depending on which X u inherited from yr mum;s side.

Remember females have been carrying the Baldness gene on one of their Xs all along but it did not manifest itself on them or their daughters but rather on their sons and brothers, Since yr mum is XX ( 2 Xs) its either of the 2 below:

U inherited:

The X of yr mum inherited from her own mum ( yr maternal grandmum) who has the baldness on X
the X of yr mum's father ( yr maternal grandfather) who has baldness on X

In my case

my maternal grandmum has brothers who are bald. But her husband ( my maternal grandfather is not bald)
My mum could have inherited the baldness X from her own mum, or her father ( my maternal grndfather)
She passed it on to me as X ( with baldness) + Y ( my father) = I am XY. As u can see why my father has nothign to do with baldness beacuse he did not contribute an X.

But looking at myself i am not bald . only expereincing a very slow thinning male pattern baldness . the temples have resided but not as bad.. it follows almost the same pattern as my maternal grandfather ( my mum's fatther) who at old age of 60s passed away with some hair but not totally bald. just a NW1-2 .
So its most likely i got my baldness X from my maternal grandfather...if i were to inherit the baldness X from my grandmum who has bald brothers, i would have been totally bald by now ( my age 42) because they , my grandmum's brothers were bald at 40 years of age

The key here is to look at these people especially their younger and current family photographs to study their hair loss pattern:

Yr maternal grandmum's brothers
Yr mum's father
Yr mum's brothers

T0 find out who u inherited the problem from.

For my own example:

my maternal grandmum's brothers ( bald after 40 )
my mum's brothers ( not bald/ thinning hair after 50 )

I have the same pattern as my maternal gradnfather

So its likely that i have inherited the baldness X from my grandfather since my
my mum's brothers ( not bald/ 1 of them thinning hair after 50 )
Well wtf all my moms side are nw0 regan genetics lol, it’s my dads side that suffers

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Then u should be pretty safe. Because there is no way yr dad's side can pass it to u.may i know what Norwood u are currently?
Idk maybe a 1? I’m gonna take a month off finas to see how I do. I already feel less sluggish which is good and erections are insanely hard haha

Attachments

• 2EE30549-6807-4BBE-AF27-C9080CCA523A.jpeg
    2EE30549-6807-4BBE-AF27-C9080CCA523A.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 106