Starting finasteride again .5 mg ED

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope that you have success with this method, otherwise you could try topical finasteride or 0.5 mg thrice a week, as a means of prevention. Because as I've written to you, I don't think you have hair loss at the moment.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I hyped myself up to get on low dose finasteride again as the title says. Paranoia got the best of me and decided to take it for peace of mind, because as they say it’s easier to keep and maintain what you have then trying to play catch up. Bit of background info. I’m 26 and hair loss runs rampant on my paternal side of the family. I never experienced hair loss up until halfway through 25 and got on finasteride for about 3 months then quit due to fear of developing gyno. I was taking 1mg ed and I might have just gaven myself a nocebo but my tits did shake a lot in my lowered car lmao so that scared the sh*t outta me. I plan to stay on finasteride for 6 months and evaluate my hair then. Thank you @DoctorHouse & @NickyA for helping me through countless pm’s. Here are some baseline pics. Not sure if I’m NW1 or 2, but either way I just want to maintain as I feel my hair feels thinner then my early twenties days.

any other folks feel free to chime in your experience on low dose finasteride for non aggressive loss too! Thanks!
Just be sure of what your goals are before you start, while in 6 months your hair may well improve, equally you may not be able to notice any difference or it could look worse if you have been shedding

if you decide to take finasteride you are kind of in it for the long haul.(unless you have actual sides)

If you think you are a guy who might Start for 6 months then consider stopping again, it might not be the best treatment for you as the stop start approach can have a negative effect on your hair.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re definitely losing, not BDD but I cannot recommend finasteride.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
519DB2FF-95D3-4801-AFC9-6C8E470122F9.jpeg
519DB2FF-95D3-4801-AFC9-6C8E470122F9.jpegLoss of density below that mark show lower density. Its minor now but that’s the beginning. It’s only your fringe so recession. Your hair is thick otherwise. finasteride would probably help but the sides can be effin brutal.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 173781View attachment 173781Loss of density below that mark show lower density. Its minor now but that’s the beginning. It’s only your fringe so recession. Your hair is thick otherwise. finasteride would probably help but the sides can be effin brutal.
I agree that he might be balding slowly given his lack of density on his crown, but this mark doesn't make any sense

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree that he might be balding slowly given his lack of density on his crown, but this mark doesn't make any sense
My hair is wet in that pic. What about my temples? I think im
Losing more at my temples. I do agree that mark jeju made is kind of silly lmao.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He’s not balding at the crown he’s thinning at the temples which will give the appearance of recused density in the bangs. It’s very hard to spot at first that’s why most people don’t realise they’re balding at first.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is wet in that pic. What about my temples? I think im
Losing more at my temples. I do agree that mark jeju made is kind of silly lmao.
It doesn't look like it has changed anything compared to your previous posts, with exception of those made in 2014. But I wouldn't say you progressed from 0 to 2 lmao it's probably 1 now

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look like it has changed anything compared to your previous posts, with exception of those made in 2014. But I wouldn't say you progressed from 0 to 2 lmao it's probably 1 now
Yeah I feel like im a slow burn. Here’s one of wet hairline. Third pic is wet hairline back in October.

Attachments

• C97CA135-8619-45D9-B8BA-125C5760464A.jpeg
    C97CA135-8619-45D9-B8BA-125C5760464A.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 822C557F-0BB0-4AA2-92F6-B8DD664BECCA.jpeg
    822C557F-0BB0-4AA2-92F6-B8DD664BECCA.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 2C035C3B-93A8-48FF-88C4-61CB533A3D63.jpeg
    2C035C3B-93A8-48FF-88C4-61CB533A3D63.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 197

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I feel like im a slow burn. Here’s one of wet hairline. Third pic is wet hairline back in October.
It looks fine in my opinion. But you do realize that pulling your hair like that isn't making any better, don't you?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Look at this guys temporal hairline. Perfect straight lines. This is a sign that he will very likely never ever be bald. But I do agree with @I wont lose this that it could be some degree of very slow and early recession. This is NOT aggressive at all though, @infamousrodi. The good thing is your hair has looked the same for a long time.
Non aggressive loss is a curse, a slow burn that you don’t know will stop or not. I think I might be a good candidate for finasteride since finasteride tends to work best on mild to moderate hair loss? I’m putting off finasteride because I want to believe I just have Telogen Effluvium from Covid back in 2020. Feels bad man.