South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

Joe Marini

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's my understanding that he will be presenting what's on the patent already. Nothing new should be released, except maybe news on when trials will be done and if he is planning on using the new molecule.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
...well this was a bust. We don't even get any coverage. Maybe it just takes a while to release the presentation? But I feel like if there were anything great someone would have heard about it or said something.

Lol. After this brotzu nonsense, I was hoping this could be somewhere I put new hope. Fool me once.....

Joe Marini

My Regimen
Reaction score
I strongly suggest those getting in on Choi to be vigorously massaging their scalps to get rid of some of the calcification and fibrosis before their vials come. Or you may not get the results you want.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When hair cloning becomes available, I want my hair to be like Billy Russo's :D
Haha. Dude has the ideal hair for me, which is how mine used to look. Maybe not as thick, but close enough.

I hope something comes out of this Choi business. I wanna believe, but gotta keep it real.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what happened here with this? It seemed a fair number of people on here and tresless were hyped about this. Was there no news?

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what happened here with this? It seemed a fair number of people on here and tresless were hyped about this. Was there no news?
Idk man, just nothing. No one heard anything. No one was talking about it. So strange, so disappointing.

Joe Marini

My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason we aren't talking is because no one has gotten their Choi yet. We have had bs delays after delays from all vendors and even community members doing sketchy things.

GolDRoger

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that this is the one. I think that the peptide will work incredibly well, provided that it has been synthesized and administered properly. What Choi and his team discovered about CXXC5 is remarkable and could be groundbreaking for medicine as a whole, not just for hair loss.

Blocking CXXC5 is what Choi's peptide is supposed to do. Look at what blocking the protein does on the wound healing ability of mice:

uZDQrZK.jpg

On the left is a picture of a wound on a mouse that still has CXXC5, after 12 days of healing. On the right is a picture of a wound on a mouse that had CXXC5 blocked, after 12 days of healing. Wounded mice that had CXXC5 blocked produced collagen and keratin at significantly faster rates.

CXXC5 appears to serve the same purpose in humans. CXXC5 levels drop when people suffer acute injuries, and conversely, high concentrations are found in balding scalps.

I'm almost certain that the peptide will regrow hair extremely effectively, as it'll basically turn someone who takes it into Wolverine. What I'm concerned about are the side effects. If the Wnt/β-catenin pathway works so well to heal wounds when left alone by CXXC5, then why does CXXC5 exist in the first place? Is it a genetic bug in the code that doesn't help at all, or is it something that prevents a body from doing something damaging to itself?

The skeptical side in me says the latter, and it's probably the much likelier answer. But there is always a chance that side effects can be managed/mitigated, as they are with almost every other drug out there. If it's the former, then Choi and his team will have changed medicine forever.

Whatever happens with this, let's be glad that we were born in a time where things like this are even feasible.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that this is the one. I think that the peptide will work incredibly well, provided that it has been synthesized and administered properly. What Choi and his team discovered about CXXC5 is remarkable and could be groundbreaking for medicine as a whole, not just for hair loss.

Blocking CXXC5 is what Choi's peptide is supposed to do. Look at what blocking the protein does on the wound healing ability of mice:

View attachment 96821
On the left is a picture of a wound on a mouse that still has CXXC5, after 12 days of healing. On the right is a picture of a wound on a mouse that had CXXC5 blocked, after 12 days of healing. Wounded mice that had CXXC5 blocked produced collagen and keratin at significantly faster rates.

CXXC5 appears to serve the same purpose in humans. CXXC5 levels drop when people suffer acute injuries, and conversely, high concentrations are found in balding scalps.

I'm almost certain that the peptide will regrow hair extremely effectively, as it'll basically turn someone who takes it into Wolverine. What I'm concerned about are the side effects. If the Wnt/β-catenin pathway works so well to heal wounds when left alone by CXXC5, then why does CXXC5 exist in the first place? Is it a genetic bug in the code that doesn't help at all, or is it something that prevents a body from doing something damaging to itself?

The skeptical side in me says the latter, and it's probably the much likelier answer. But there is always a chance that side effects can be managed/mitigated, as they are with almost every other drug out there. If it's the former, then Choi and his team will have changed medicine forever.

Whatever happens with this, let's be glad that we were born in a time where things like this are even feasible.

Bro, you got any sources ?

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 96821

Sorry for my lame knowledge, but what is the connection between wound healing and hair regrowth ?? Many thks

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 96821

its doesnt block cxxc-5 , it block its interaction with the dvl proteins . No cxxc5 is not a bug in the genetic code , it has quite some functions including anti -cancer properties, the problem is that it is upregulated in balding scalps

GolDRoger

My Regimen
Reaction score
its doesnt block cxxc-5 , it block its interaction with the dvl proteins . No cxxc5 is not a bug in the genetic code , it has quite some functions including anti -cancer properties, the problem is that it is upregulated in balding scalps

Thanks for correcting my generalizations. As for CXXC5 possibly being a "bug", I mean that in the context of CXXC5 binding with Dishevelled to inhibit Wnt pathways. CXXC5 binding with Dishevelled and inhibitng Wnt pathways would be a bug if it turned out that Wnt pathway inhibition doesn't have any advantages and only hurts animals from recovering from wounds as well as they can.

I have no expert knowledge on biology whatsoever, but I personally would be shocked if Wnt pathway inhibition wasn't necessary for some reason.

Last edited:

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Source: http://jem.rupress.org/content/212/7/1061

Source isn't anything new, has been out for 3 months. Also was linked on this thread before iirc. Just wanted to point out how exciting this study is.

The same mechanism that regrows hair also boosts wound healing.

Well, what I know is that, when cells are moving to the wound, they may end up either creating new follicle or heal the wound itself. This is what Follica is trying to do. Not sure whether this thing is aiming for the same ?