South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Armando Jose since you are one of the oldest member who joined this fourm, was it always like that with new studies that never see the light?
Do you think we are close to cure or at least a better treatment?
a better treatment it is possible, the cure is long away but surely a real preventive method is near. it is important to know exactly which are the first step of this multifactorial problem. Preventive means that we can stop the process in any moment.
Cheers

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
a better treatment it is possible, the cure is long away but surely a real preventive method is near. it is important to know exactly which are the first step of this multifactorial problem. Preventive means that we can stop the process in any moment.
Cheers

How is a cure a long way away?

They have just cracked it mate

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers

I really hope so but, but what I feel is we would still see this breakingthrough every day untill we give up, is it different now from what it used to be back in 2004?

mecevik

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys are we exaggerating this a little bit? Because from NW7 to full head hair sounds like ...
I don't know what to say but cure to baldness seems like it's not that easy.

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please don't hype, it will be more painful in the future if we have a disappointment. The moment to hype is when we see proved results in humans, nonetheless this study is very very interesting.

I'd like to see a discussion about what the potential problems or limitations to this approach are.

Another interesting thing from the study

Page 13, line 5.

"We also found that PTD-DBM induced the expression of β-catenin and ALP, and PCNA regardless of co-treatment with DHT in HFDPCs"

Meaning that this approach completely overrides any effects of dht, so any form dht suppression as an adjunct would be completely unnecessary.

thecure

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like to see a discussion about what the potential problems or limitations to this approach are.

Another interesting thing from the study

Page 13, line 5.

"We also found that PTD-DBM induced the expression of β-catenin and ALP, and PCNA regardless of co-treatment with DHT in HFDPCs"

Meaning that this approach completely overrides any effects of dht, so any form dht suppression as an adjunct would be completely unnecessary.
Yes, it implies according to this study that when dht binds with androgen receptors in balding scalps upregulates the protein CXXC5 wich interacts with Dishevelled and disrupts Wnt/ β-catenin pathway signaling and inhibits hair growth. So by disrupting CXXC5-Dishevelled interaction activates Wnt/β-catenin pathway and accelerates hair regrowth and wound-induced hair follicle neogenesis, there is noo need to suppress dht.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe Alpicort F and liquid Depakine after dermarolling

Yes maybe we can figure out some ghetto method to copy what he's doing in the study. Even if it only works 15% as well that would still be fantastic! I would be ecstatic to grow back 15%

I feel like this is the real deal guys.

Last edited:

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is part of a discussion I found on reddit that highlights how respected head researcher Kang Yell Choi is.

"One of the leading researchers in the world believes his team has found the protein responsible for hair loss and his publication indicates full reversal of hair loss. And no “leading researcher” is not a buzz word I’m using. This man introduced the concept of scaffold proteins, which are very important. They aren’t some obscure protein you learn about in grad school, I majored in molecular and cellular biology and remember learning about them as an underclassmen during undergrad. And they’re a class of proteins you just continue to learn about as you go on.

Yes yes yes if things sound too good to be true then they probably are. But usually those things aren’t found in the most reputable dermatology journal, published by one of the top universities in Korea, backed by the government, and led by one of the most well respected researchers on the planet.

Still hop on current treatments to be safe. Just if you can’t tolerate Finasteride and/or are slick bald, there is legitimate hope."

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji 2.0 confirmed Apples, Brotzu, Tsuji, Korean Tsuji. Why are you guys complaining ?

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Such productiveness and informative posts on these threads now instead of baseless arguments is such a beautiful sight.

So regarding follicle neogenesis that can be induced through wounding, are these follicles the result of regeneration of existing dormant follicles or are there new dermal papilla being formed resulting in brand new new previously non-existent follicles?

The reason I ask is because I seem to recall reading that this will work in scar tissue as well.

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 9.44.10 AM.png

Is this hairlosstalk.com or reddit that these posts come from? The world may never know.

Last edited:

NimuDash

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 71482 View attachment 71482

Is this hairlosstalk.com or reddit that these posts come from? The world may never know.
People care, blame your grandmommas and grandpapas for stupid shave it all off cope. Their era is gone.
15k shows that people want a working treatment asap, a 100% working treatmen and yeah they hope for full reversal.

Last edited: