South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

vernon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because this is a POTENTIAL.
Not a PROVED cure :) So you hype to fund it, and then proved. If you can,cool, market will open its doors for ya.
It doesn't ? You've make money,so it's all cool,try again.
This is real life and not Hair Heaven. Not everyone care about baldness and sucess of baldness cure.

yeah I dont get how all those companies engage in claiming they might cure something. its not that you can calculate and project future breakthroughs in scientific research.

you either have a theory proven on some level or you dont, in which case you cant really give a precise estimate of success or even release date.

I m still baffled by those "scientist x claims there will be a cure for x in 8 years and 6 months" articles the media are full of.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah I dont get how all those companies engage in claiming they might cure something. its not that you can calculate and project future breakthroughs in scientific research.

you either have a theory proven on some level or you dont, in which case you cant really give a precise estimate of success or even release date.

I m still baffled by those "scientist x claims there will be a cure for x in 8 years and 6 months" articles the media are full of.

Ikr, so much potential cures and treatments along those years who felt into oblivion, but i guess this hype is a part of this search for funds and investors.
You can have a proven theory on paper and yet trials will lead to another failure or more clues, leading to new theories etc...They're still missing puzzle pieces, but eventually they will finally make it

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, those Asians are so f*****g smart.

I read somewhere, that the average Asian IQ is around six to ten points higher than
Caucasions (whites).

Look at Japan. They can grow a Wooly Mammoth, then they can definitely save a hair follicle.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We can't have cures just yet because we need the most menacing militaries in the history of the universe. Doesn't it make us feel good to be able to threaten the existence of every other living thing on the planet? Is that not worth more than cures for diseases? Some of the best brains in the country are at Lawrence Livermore labs in California and working hard to create the deadliest chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction ever conceived. Happy?

Almsoo7

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's because Asians are more hardworking than Caucasians in general. I'm an Asian so I can vouch for that. But it's a give and take. Very often when we travel , we envy Caucasians' carefree lifestyle where they can enjoy work life balance and do whatever fun stuffs, whereas maybe you envy us for being smart i.e. grass os always greener om the other side. Though intellegience may actually be independent of origins. In fact, IQ is partly attributed to the amount of education received apart from genetics. Studies have shown that kids' IQ has increased over the years. What was considered a genius in the 1960s may be termed an average performer in today's definition.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would stop other scientists picking this up and racing to get it through FDA trials?

What is the real expectation for this to get to release say if they tested it in humans and it worked and went smoothly, 5 years minimum? Does anyone know what the best possible scenario could be?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What would stop other scientists picking this up and racing to get it through FDA trials?

What is the real expectation for this to get to release say if they tested it in humans and it worked and went smoothly, 5 years minimum? Does anyone know what the best possible scenario could be?

If the scientist is a "cowboy", and not many of them are, then they may possibly offshore the clinical trials to some country with minimal regulatory hurdles. And if the drug passes with flying colours, it may or may not prove efficacious here in North America. And maybe it will, who knows? But 90% of drugs approved this year by the FDA have been trialed outside the USA and Canada. One new drug for ALS was approved in 6 months after testing was done in Japan. Speedy times to approval tend to be for lifesaving drugs. I don't imagine there are many Dr Frankensteins out there who would risk losing their shingle for the sake of cowboying a baldness drug through clinical trials. I imagine there are lots of junior Frankensteins losing their hair who would test it on themselves in "first in human" trials, though. Bro'ensteins?

Last edited:

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A PhD on reddit with "insider" info said:

There’s a bunch of unpublished stuff as well...like how it’s been tested in vivo...on humans

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks dude, sounds pretty damn legit but as with every rando internet commenter you never know. Would travel to SK and try though, obvs
it will take at least 20 years for something to come out of this, if it even works.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yup, here it is on CXX5-Dishevelled in ,jidonline.org a Nature Publishing Group peer-reviewed scientific journal. Can't get much more legit than this. I think time is running out on "the curse." I can see it all now, the fix will come in the form of a Rx or OTC topical ointment or cream. hair transplant doctors will have to find something else to do. Liposuction maybe.

GolDRoger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop whining about useless things like trials being done on mice or the fact that new medicine takes years to be approved. EVERY new drug requires years of rigorous testing, first on animals and then on humans, in order to be approved.

This study was just published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology, which is one of the most well-renowned publications on dermatology out there. Like the above poster said, it's about as legit as it comes.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The people who keep commenting negativity usually just want to be reassured, that's all it is, what the hell would they be doing on a future treatment section if they're so negative about every product that comes out.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop whining about useless things like trials being done on mice or the fact that new medicine takes years to be approved. EVERY new drug requires years of rigorous testing, first on animals and then on humans, in order to be approved.

This study was just published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology, which is one of the most well-renowned publications on dermatology out there. Like the above poster said, it's about as legit as it comes.

Just a reminder for you guys, cause everyone seems to have a short memory around here

Follica Raises $5.5 M To Advance New Treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia Into the Clinic
Jan 4, 2008 10:18am

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biote...eatment-for-androgenetic-alopecia-into-clinic

So yes, it will take many years, possibly 10+ years, so stop saying it, this is too obvious