" Sorry, I'm Not Into Bald Guys. You Should Try Approaching A Bald Woman."

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you expand on this? How does say an overweight woman (one who naturally finds it hard to keep the pounds off) lose weight with this apparent new information?

I discuss a lot of the information in my intermittent fasting thread:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/the-science-of-intermittent-fasting.98461/

But since you asked ...

The shift in the 1960s/1970s from a belief that obesity was a hormonal disorder, to a belief that obesity is about "calories in calories out", coupled with the ideology of low-fat diets, has been disastrous for people.

There are a lot of fat people out there, who wanted to lose weight, and followed the standard advice from the medical establishment (cut dietary fat, eat more grains, and do cardio), and they never lost weight. A lot of them actually gained weight. I feel sorry for them, they are obese -- sick and disfigured -- and not due to lack of effort. They have given it an honest effort and listened to their doctors.

I recall watching this Netflix documentary on obesity in America. This fat mother said she was worried about her fat kids. She wanted them to be healthier. She was making sure her kids ate a low-fat diet, and they were, but they were having corn flakes or some other cereal for breakfast, probably so-called "orange juice" as well. Her kids were getting fatter, in spite of their efforts. Some kids were doing cardio and not losing weight. It's sad. Their lives are being ruined, in spite of their efforts, because they listen to misguided doctors who advocate eating a small piece of bread with no butter and going for a jog.

If you do what the doctor might tell you, eat a small piece of bread with no butter and go out for a jog, you will lose weight in the short term. Then, your metabolism will crash, and you will be miserable and irritable and less competent. You will compensate by eating more food and will end up fatter than when you started. You'd be better off eating bacon and eggs.

Obesity is hormonal. It's a disease of fat metabolism. If your body is prevented from converting adipose fat into energy, it will increase your appetite, and decrease your metabolism, and eventually you will store twice as much adipose fat.

The solution is hormonal, enable your body to metabolize its own fat as energy:
- Low carb / high fat diets, which reduce insulin;
- Intermittent fasting, which reduces insulin;
- Long-term fasting, which reduces insulin;
- Vigorous exercises, such as high-intensity interval training and heavy weight lifting. Running is much better than jogging, and sprinting is better than running. When doctors tell you that "just getting out and walking is sufficient !" they're lying, probably just saying that because they have low expectations of people;
- Better sleep, and activities like yoga and massage therapy can help too, by relaxing the body and thus reducing cortisol, which ... leads to a positive feedback with better sleep;

You don't need to do all of the above. You can pick and choose but most likely the first one (high-fat diets) is absolutely essential, and then of the rest pick what works for you.

A lot of information can be found here and in subsequent videos:

As this knowledge becomes more and more widespread, due to people having success with it, more and more people will try it and have success with it. The obesity epidemic took off in the 1970s largely due to incorrect medical advice and dietary guidelines. We won't shift to a world where everyone can run a triathlon, but the body types of the 1970s and 1980s might become the norm again.

Separately, there is a drug called metformin that is being a lifesaver to a lot of diabetics. I wonder if they might soon start prescribing it to non-diabetics too. A guy I work with lost 30 Kg by taking metformin and having bacon+eggs for breakfast everyday instead of toast -- a two-prongedl approach.

Last edited:

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the rate of obesity will drop in the coming years as we're finally getting a good scientific handle on it. It's a consequence of excess insulin.

20 years ago, people were told that the cure for obesity were low-fat, low-calorie diets and a lot of cardio such as jogging. That's part of the reason that obesity is still very common and has increased in frequency, people were given incorrect medical advice.

So in 2016 it doesn't work or what? Or it is too hard to follow?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So in 2016 it doesn't work or what? Or it is too hard to follow?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, so I'm going to write you two different responses:

1) I think it's taken a while for people to figure out what works and what doesn't work. A large part of the problem is that a lot of people got invested into the incorrect ideas of the 1960s and 1970s (e.g. "saturated fat is unhealthy !!!") and are now putting up resistance to progress. They're still holding on. Only in 2016 did the US dietary guidelines acknowledge that dietary cholesterol is not unhealthy, but they're still refusing to acknowledge that saturated fat is not unhealthy.

2) If you go on a low-fat, low-calorie diet and do moderate cardio for exercise the way your body will respond is to make you hungry and to crash your metabolism. Making you hungry makes the diet hard to follow. Crashing your metabolism means that even with god-like willpower you will achieve mediocre results.

In the 1940s they did an experiment with prisoners (so willpower doesn't matter) where they controlled eating, exercise, everything.
https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/the-biology-of-starvation-calories-part-v/
The individuals were given 1,600 calories a day of high-carb food. They did lose weight, but not for long as the weight stabilized. Their metabolic rate dropped by 40% to match the 1600 calories ... so calories in calories out :) Calories out just dropped and they stopped losing weight. They were also going crazy, when the experiment was over they regained all the weight they had lost and then some more on top of that.

This has also been seen recently with the show "The Biggest Loser". They bring in people who weigh 400 lbs, they feed them 1,200 calories a day of a low-fat diet, they work out 4 hours a day for 7 days a week, and then they lose 200 lbs. It was considered a success, but it turns out to be a failure. Nearly all of them (over 90%) regain the weight as they suffer bone, muscle, and joint fracture, and their rest metabolism shrinks by 500 calories a day. It also turns out that when they head into the real world working out for four hours a day becomes unsustainable (lol). So this LOSER plan, previously considered one of the best plans, turns out to be sh*t. On a long-term basis, it fails over 90% of the time.

Ultimately dieting will never work for anybody if it results in a lower rest metabolism.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
If you're looking for women half your age when you're 45, then you may have a problem. I see plenty of good-looking fathers at school functions, with and without hair. From my observations, I'd say most of the men have aged better than the women.

Older women are chasing after the younger (cuter) guys too. It's called Cougarism.

shookwun

Reaction score
Where has this myth stemmed from that older people don't have frequent sex?

I see no problem with being single. Wh
Older women are chasing after the younger (cuter) guys too. It's called Cougarism.
just for a quick f***. They want nothing more.

I have been with women over 40.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

Dude, what the hell.

Why would anyone do any of that ridiculous bullshit? 1200 calories a day? 4 hours of exercise? WHAT.

I went from 210 lbs, to 150 lbs, by dropping my calories from 3500/day, to 1800/day, and doing 30 mins - 1 hr of daily exercise (if you can call walking exercise, I ocassionally do jump rope and cycling).

Fast forward, 7 years later, still 150 lbs. Regain what? They'll regain if they go back home on McDonalds again. You can't gain weight without eating excess calories.

There is an important point here: The more excessive and extreme sh*t that you do to achieve weight loss, the harder you will crash and bounce back. Small changes every day are where it's at, not 1000+ calories deficits like they do in these crazy shows.

Undereating has been shown to reduce thyroid hormones. That is why it is important to make up a good portion of the calorie deficit through exercise, and not undereating. Most men should not eat below 1800 calories, ever.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Where has this myth stemmed from that older people don't have frequent sex?

I see no problem with being single. Wh

just for a quick f***. They want nothing more.

I have been with women over 40.

All you want is the quickie but those cougars would be glad to keep you longer if you would let them toy-boy you permanently. By just getting sex from them and dumping them you are a stud who wins the battle but if you stay with one of them then she wins the battle and turns you into a toy boy. Studs win the battle but toy-boys lose the battle.

Love to see you winning dude. And I like the way you treat them. It teaches them a lesson. The lesson being that if they want a real relationship they should go out with less attractive men in their own age group otherwise she gets used and dumped.

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
the cougars just want a quickie bro. they dont want relationships with younger guys.,

just flings. as I do also

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Good for them for being secure enough in their looks to get naked in front of much younger guys. If I were single, I wouldn't be attracted to them anyway.

They aren't necessarily secure in their looks. When I was in my 20s I slept with some women in their 40s. They were a tad insecure in their looks but they still wanted to sleep with me so they had to get naked so they did get naked.

Those women wanted to keep me.
They were upset when I moved on.
One of them ran a restaurant and I used to get her to hire my friends so my friends would have jobs.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
the cougars just want a quickie bro. they dont want relationships with younger guys.,

just flings. as I do also

I was in my 20s once too. I got together with some attractive women in their 40s. My experiences with
cougars is different from your experience. They screamed at me and *lost it* when I left. They did not
want me to leave. I do not believe that the cougars you hang with really want you to leave. I think they're
just saying that because they think that's what you want to hear.

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
I dont have much experience with them, as I dont attempt to persue them... I wouldn't know.

Been flirted with a lot by them but never went along with it. However, when I worked at a hotel.. I can relate. A lot of old chicks who want dick, especially the servers, and those that worked in banquets.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I dont have much experience with them, as I dont attempt to persue them... I wouldn't know.

Been flirted with a lot by them but never went along with it. However, when I worked at a hotel.. I can relate. A lot of old chicks who want dick, especially the servers, and those that worked in banquets.

They figure some young man-about-town like you isn't going to hitch his wagon long-term to an older woman so they tell you it's all about a quickie but I think they would toy-boy you permanently if you would go along with that. Don't do it man. If you do it you lose. If you do quickies with them and move on, you win.

Last edited:

jd_uk

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean exactly, so I'm going to write you two different responses:

1) I think it's taken a while for people to figure out what works and what doesn't work. A large part of the problem is that a lot of people got invested into the incorrect ideas of the 1960s and 1970s (e.g. "saturated fat is unhealthy !!!") and are now putting up resistance to progress. They're still holding on. Only in 2016 did the US dietary guidelines acknowledge that dietary cholesterol is not unhealthy, but they're still refusing to acknowledge that saturated fat is not unhealthy.

2) If you go on a low-fat, low-calorie diet and do moderate cardio for exercise the way your body will respond is to make you hungry and to crash your metabolism. Making you hungry makes the diet hard to follow. Crashing your metabolism means that even with god-like willpower you will achieve mediocre results.

In the 1940s they did an experiment with prisoners (so willpower doesn't matter) where they controlled eating, exercise, everything.
https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/the-biology-of-starvation-calories-part-v/
The individuals were given 1,600 calories a day of high-carb food. They did lose weight, but not for long as the weight stabilized. Their metabolic rate dropped by 40% to match the 1600 calories ... so calories in calories out :) Calories out just dropped and they stopped losing weight. They were also going crazy, when the experiment was over they regained all the weight they had lost and then some more on top of that.

This has also been seen recently with the show "The Biggest Loser". They bring in people who weigh 400 lbs, they feed them 1,200 calories a day of a low-fat diet, they work out 4 hours a day for 7 days a week, and then they lose 200 lbs. It was considered a success, but it turns out to be a failure. Nearly all of them (over 90%) regain the weight as they suffer bone, muscle, and joint fracture, and their rest metabolism shrinks by 500 calories a day. It also turns out that when they head into the real world working out for four hours a day becomes unsustainable (lol). So this LOSER plan, previously considered one of the best plans, turns out to be sh*t. On a long-term basis, it fails over 90% of the time.

Ultimately dieting will never work for anybody if it results in a lower rest metabolism.

While I agree that restrictive diets and crazy schedules as you mentioned are not the way to go, I'm not keen on fasting as a weight loss method. I think that best way to keep lean is to do the smaller, regular meals thing and keep the metabolism burning fast. Eating some protein with each meal and keeping a good amount of muscle with resistance training as well as cardio (a mix of high and low intensity). You mentioned eating sugary cereals for breakfast, well i'd say its not ideal however if there is one meal where you can eat sugary stuff it is breakfast AS LONG AS you are active enough after it. I'm not comvinced on fasting which can maybe cause the body to hold food as fat on the basis that it doesn't know when it will next get it. I could be wrong on that but i know from experience that I am usually at my leanest when I eat clean and regularly and work out regularly too.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
While I agree that restrictive diets and crazy schedules as you mentioned are not the way to go, I'm not keen on fasting as a weight loss method. I think that best way to keep lean is to do the smaller, regular meals thing and keep the metabolism burning fast. Eating some protein with each meal and keeping a good amount of muscle with resistance training as well as cardio (a mix of high and low intensity). You mentioned eating sugary cereals for breakfast, well i'd say its not ideal however if there is one meal where you can eat sugary stuff it is breakfast AS LONG AS you are active enough after it. I'm not comvinced on fasting which can maybe cause the body to hold food as fat on the basis that it doesn't know when it will next get it. I could be wrong on that but i know from experience that I am usually at my leanest when I eat clean and regularly and work out regularly too.

Metabolism actually increases from intermittent fasting.

Once you stop eating for ~24 hours (they have not measured every time block), your human growth hormone rises by ~2,000%. Your body then burns fat instead of muscle as long as your body fat percentage is above 4%, because the low insulin and high HGH make it easier to burn fat into energy. If you think about it this makes sense as the primary evolutionary purpose of fat is to store energy.

For people who do "long-term fasting", the body converges to using ~15 grams of protein a day by the 4th day and getting the rest of its energy from fat (measured). So you'll lose 1 lbs of muscle a month, as long as BF% is above 4%.

Fasting also increases autophagy and brain-derived neurotrophic factor, so honestly I think everybody would benefit from the occasional fast, even thin people, they just can't fast for long. In Judaism, we had six days of fasting per year, spread out somewhat.

shookwun

Reaction score
l5J_Po4ub0vJ6KFBND-RugopMrSwnxm-0Wvgh_PTpOnJRyeUQFo-bTDlGzYfoiTNFkyYTdoM1UqvaxJkvOBUvr71fQ=w426-h240-n

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

shookwun

Reaction score
Zyzz

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
So I was at a bar last Friday and a woman that I approached actually said this to me which caught me off guard to say the least and then she quickly walked away to the other side of the bar.

I know that as a bald guy, you need to have thick skin but that comment really stung especially because I'm in good shape etc and I've had some people that I pull off the bald look fairly well.

How would you react if a woman told you this?

Rick, this is what pisses me off about balding in the first place. Before hair loss, I got rejected yet it never affected me that negatively at all because I was secure in my identity, my looks, and who I was. I remember signing up for a dating website and nearly everyone on there rejected me. Yet it didn't even demoralize me at all because of my security in my outward identity and my looks.

Yet baldness is such an outward blemish that it does drastically alter the way that we look. I know that some fullheads may say "well girls like that are not worth your time anyway", yet they don't know how badly constant rejection compounded with hating the way that you look can totally devastate a person. And in today's visually-conscious society, lots of women really are like that.

Last edited:

jd_uk

Reaction score
hit the gym the sloots will be mirin hard!

Ua2VxIC.jpg

He didn't even lift, brah ;)

I've seen that pic before and you know what, if that guy wasn't pulling a stupid face/pose he'd look alright. Either way, he goes out wearing a tightish shirt, there will be girls who are interested.