Solxama's great experiment - HRT vs aggressive Androgenic Alopecia

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Small update, monthly report is going to drop tomorrow. After that I will scale down my use of this forum to the bare minimum, that is maintain my thread and reply to posts and dms. I will put this thread on email notifications and my dms, so I'll try to get back to anyone who replies to me. It might take some time tho, so be patient. I also can't promise another monthly report, I'll do reports when I feel like it or after significant progress.

This decision is not taken lightly and the reason is simple. I don't feel welcome on this forum. Sharing an online place with some very toxic people and even stumbling on it when visiting is honestly tiring. It makes me feel anxious, unsafe and brings back my traumas. If not for people who are interested in my progress and for people who want my help I would leave this place. I hope everyone understands.
I totaly understand and remember you are my friend and you are welcome to me :) I want to keep contact with you even anonymous just be sure you are doing ok and you have the life you want and deserve friend !

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Getting off this forum will be the best decision you can make for your mental health. This place is way too toxic at this point. I wish I had the same strength like you to leave this place for good.

doctor doctor what binds you to this place ?

this endless purgatory

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyway, here is the promised monthly report.

3 months on HRT Report :

*Effects on Hair

-Temples have been filling in nicely, many of the small hairs have become stronger and longer. Here are some pics, high quality done with my phone's flash.

IMG_20211116_162026.jpg IMG_20211116_162034.jpg
- As it can be seen there is good regrowth going on, it's also quite possible to hide the worst of my receded hairline thanks to the hair getting longer and stronger

hairline.png
-Here is a picture, looks like a NW2-2.5 hairline.

-My crown has basically fully regrown, the only thing is the hair is shorter there then on the rest of my scalp, so some more time is needed for it to look aesthetically pleasing.

IMG_20211107_003538.jpg crown.png

-Some pictures in intense lighting and under my phone's flash. As you can see basically full regrowth minus the length and thickness, these should get better in time tho.

*Other effects :
-It's hard to explain, but my life feels much more real, I no longer feel my body is separate from me, but an integral part of myself.
-My mental state still isn't the best due to trauma, dysphoria and some recent unpleasant events but coping with this feels so much easier.
-Breast growth has once again stalled on small cone tits, but going by my last experiences it will probably speed up in a few weeks again.
-Body hair has really started thinning out, I've lost most of the dark hair on my abdomen and arms, and chest hair has also visibly reduced.
-I've noticed some minor fat redistribution, mainly around my hips and on my thighs

It looks like the most rapid changes are probably over, now the slow and long process of feminization has taken priority.

Overall I'm very happy to have gotten on HRT, these 3 months have fully proved to me this is the right direction for my life, it's not an overstatement when I say HRT basically saved my life. None of my previous copes worked for dysphoria, only transition has finally managed to make it bearable, and maybe even gone at some point in the distant future If I manage to look like a cis girl.

As I said in my last post, I am from now on reducing my use of this forum to the minimum, but before I go I got one more thing to say to the bigots who's toxicity has made me feel unwelcome here.

People like you basically drove me to self destruction, I was groomed into trying bullshit masculine "self help", and repressing who I really am, which led me to drinking, depression and suicidal thoughts. The only self help that somewhat worked is spirituality, but it didn't make me less dysphoric or more accepting of my male features. Quite the opposite, it gave me the tools to really look into myself and gain the insight and strength to finally transition. A decision that has saved my life. I have chosen life, authenticity and happiness. You on the other hand cling onto pseudo scientific bullshit, toxic sociopathic redpill ideology, useless asceticism, larping as traditionalists, and a desire for a collapse of our civilisation so you can create some primitive dystopian society resembling times long passed.

Social change is inevitable, and reactionaries have always tried to resist it, and they always failed. Feudalism collapsed, so did male dominated social norms of the XIXth and early XXth centuries. Minorities have gained rights, and technological progress has changed the way our society functions. Masculinity is also changing, not dying as some think but changing, becoming softer, more in tune with modern society. Aggression, over the top hyper masculinity and toxic social roles are no longer needed.

I myself have thrown the small amount of masculinity that was forced upon me into the trash, I've done this to save my life from crippling dysphoria. But nobody says you have to do the same thing, all you need is compassion and basic human emotions so you stop being threatened by change, and instead embrace the changing world and future, that with a little luck will make every persons life better regardless of gender, race or opinions. Don't let fear and hate consume you.

Your belfies are dying, they are a relic of times that have passed, clinging onto them just makes your lives miserable. The world might be becoming more compassionate, feminine etc. but it's not a bad thing. If you don't change you will be left behind, drowning in misery and hatred.

I myself have taken the pink pill and I couldn't be happier ;)

Last edited:

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys and girls of hairlosstalk, guess who's back ;)

Like I said I will sporadically come on here when I feel like some significant progress has happened, and it has during the last two weeks. So yeah, my crown hair has thickened by a lot, it's still short compared to the rest of the scalp, but the good news is I have no more visible bald spots, the last time my crown looked like this was at 19. Here are some pics under intense lighting :

IMG_20211123_232946.jpg
-From last week

IMG_20211128_192108.jpg
-Today

Also I had a blood test done last week, and the results were :

-E2: 229 pg/ml
-T: 34 ng/dl

These levels confirm HRT is working very well, and the poisons known as androgens no longer have an effect on my body.

It took 3 months and a week to regrow my crown, despite my strong balding genes. Something a lot of overtly proud and ignorant people on here will never achieve. Instead of trying a treatment that works, they cry and cope with their balding heads and deteriorating looks, just to preserve some arbitrary "masculinity", and because hair loss is apparently natural. I on the other hand have taken control of my body, it does what I want it to do and nature has no power over me. Neither have social roles and expectations.

This places me above people who sacrifice their looks, hair and health just to continue living according to naturalism and outdated social norms. Since starting HRT my looks have improved, my skin looks better, and people constantly age me much younger then I am. HRT is the best cure for hair loss at the moment, and if anybody disagrees they are either misinformed, or simply malicious.

When I first joined this forum I was a awkward shy person who longed for acceptance, I no longer do and am proud of the person I have become. Staying off this place for the past two weeks made me realise that it was a big mistake to allow people from here to get to me. I joined this place to learn about HRT for hair, and then share my progress with people interested in how I do. Trying to be liked and accepted by those who despise me for going against everything they believe in was weakness, a weakness I have overcome.

Let them seethe in their balding, while I regain what the trash androgens they so admire took from me.

If you have aggressive balding and want to save your hair, take HRT. Every other method is inferior cope.

Last edited:

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys and girls of hairlosstalk, guess who's back ;)

Like I said I will sporadically come on here when I feel like some significant progress has happened, and it has during the last two weeks. So yeah, my crown hair has thickened by a lot, it's still short compared to the rest of the scalp, but the good news is I have no more visible bald spots, the last time my crown looked like this was at 19. Here are some pics under intense lighting :

View attachment 173213
-From last week

View attachment 173214
-Today

Also I had a blood test done last week, and the results were :

-E2: 229 pg/ml
-T: 34 ng/dl

These levels confirm HRT is working very well, and the poisons known as androgens no longer have an effect on my body.

It took 3 months and a week to regrow my crown, despite my strong balding genes. Something a lot of overtly proud and ignorant people on here will never achieve. Instead of trying a treatment that works, they cry and cope with their balding heads and deteriorating looks, just to preserve some arbitrary "masculinity", and because hair loss is apparently natural. I on the other hand have taken control of my body, it does what I want it to do and nature has no power over me. Neither have social roles and expectations.

This places me above people who sacrifice their looks, hair and health just to continue living according to naturalism and outdated social norms. Since starting HRT my looks have improved, my skin looks better, and people constantly age me much younger then I am. HRT is the best cure for hair loss at the moment, and if anybody disagrees they are either misinformed, or simply malicious.

When I first joined this forum I was a awkward shy person who longed for acceptance, I no longer do and am proud of the person I have become. Staying off this place for the past two weeks made me realise that it was a big mistake to allow people from here to get to me. I joined this place to learn about HRT for hair, and then share my progress with people interested in how I do. Trying to be liked and accepted by those who despise me for going against everything they believe in was weakness, a weakness I have overcome.

Let them seethe in their balding, while I regain what the trash androgens they so admire took from me.

If you have aggressive balding and want to save your hair, take HRT. Every other method is inferior cope.
Impressive recovery in a very short time, congrats!

I do want to add though that while hrt is better for you and me and many others, it's important to acknowledge that for many cis men it very well may not be for obvious reasons. There's nothing wrong with valuing certain traits that are masc or fem and everyone should have autonomy to pursue whatever is best for them without engaging in this petty notion of who's more "cope."

There's a lot of immature users on this forum who'll never see past the rigorous ideals that have been ingrained in them. And there's some very reasonable ones. Fretting over the former while also inadvertently trashing the latter will cause you more frustration than need be by creating a wedge between those who can otherwise be kind without gaining anything from those who never would be anyway.

Anyway you're a good person and I'm glad to see you having continued success with your regimen and hope it grows into long gorgeous locks.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Impressive recovery in a very short time, congrats!

I do want to add though that while hrt is better for you and me and many others, it's important to acknowledge that for many cis men it very well may not be for obvious reasons. There's nothing wrong with valuing certain traits that are masc or fem and everyone should have autonomy to pursue whatever is best for them without engaging in this petty notion of who's more "cope."

There's a lot of immature users on this forum who'll never see past the rigorous ideals that have been ingrained in them. And there's some very reasonable ones. Fretting over the former while also inadvertently trashing the latter will cause you more frustration than need be by creating a wedge between those who can otherwise be kind without gaining anything from those who never would be anyway.

Anyway you're a good person and I'm glad to see you having continued success with your regimen and hope it grows into long gorgeous locks.
Thank you for those supportive words, I can't wait for the day my hair grows long, strong and beautiful. My dysphoria would feel much more bearable.

As for the trashing, well I think everyone knows who I'm talking about, plus I'm no longer emotionally attached to this place so I'm not scared of people disliking me anymore.

You yourself are a very kind person with a good heart, and I admire you for having the strength to debate bigoted individuals in a civil way. I myself feel nothing but disdain for them and feel it's only fair to treat them the same way they treat us.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That lasted long lol
Oh don't worry, I'll be off for some time again after I've had my fun. I'm a person of my word. My world consists of much more then hair loss forums, and honestly this place doesn't matter to me much anymore so I'm just using it for amusement at this point. And helping people who are open to my suggestions.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a person of my word. My world consists of much more then hair loss forums, and honestly this place doesn't matter to me much anymore so I'm just using it for amusement at this point. And helping people who are open to my suggestions.
A crock of sh*t lol

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Despite our disagreements I actually do respect that you have real f*****g hair loss. I can really relate as far as not being traditionally masculine. I am hypersensitive as well. The combo of that and being 5'6 and bald is so horrifically depressing and incompatible.

I just don't like how you're trying to push transgender stuff as normal.

It's still far from actually turning you into a girl. The inbetween stuff where you're part way between girl and boy is what really weirds me out. I bet if the process actually made you indistinguishable from a cis girl there would hardly be any transgender discrimination

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Despite our disagreements I actually do respect that you have real f*****g hair loss. I can really relate as far as not being traditionally masculine. I am hypersensitive as well. The combo of that and being 5'6 and bald is so horrifically depressing and incompatible.

It's still far from actually turning you into a girl. The inbetween stuff where you're part way between girl and boy is what really weirds me out. I bet if the process actually made you indistinguishable from a cis girl there would hardly be any transgender discrimination
Hey, thank you for those words. And it's ok if you're hypersensitive as a male, don't let people pushing toxic social roles get to you. You don't have to be a cold a**h** to be a guy, just be yourself. Take care for your looks, don't allow people to convince you to "just shave it bro" etc. You have my empathy, as balding made me feel similar to what you described, and dysphoria made it even more unbearable.

As for the trans stuff, of course I am for transgender acceptance, being dysphoric myself and compassionate for my fellow mtf trans people, but I don't push it as long as people don't discriminate against me or other trans people, ultimately that's my main goal, no discrimination. Also honestly it annoys me people view HRT just as "trans" medicine, as it is not in my view. It can be used just as bodybuilders use steroids to achieve certain aesthetics. It's more of a body modification then something that automatically makes you trans. I firmly believe HRT should be available with no limits, and taking it shouldn't be seen as becoming automatically trans. There are people like HRT femboys for example, who take it just for looks and still identify as guys.

I'm well aware HRT alone won't turn me into a girl, much more work has to be done if I am to pass as a cis girl. I myself actually want to avoid that weird inbetween state you just specified. I haven't dressed as a woman once and don't plan to unless I end up looking like a cis female. And that's not a joke, if I can't achieve cis female looks I'll just be a HRT Femboy. Trying to present as a woman with visible masculine features would actually make me feel more dysphoric.

And finally that's why I believe trans youth should have better care, because this is the key to trans girls looking like cis girls. If I transitioned at let's say 18 I wouldn't have this problem now and I could easily pass and just live my life as a cis female would. Don't let your opinion about trans people be shaped by what's ultimately not our fault, but the fault of the lack of early healthcare, medical incompetence, and generally gatekeeping medication. Many doctors don't give adequate doses to actually feminise for example. People like Janey are not representative of the trans community, and although people like them claim to be part of it, all they do is damage it, and I and many other trans people don't tolerate such people around us. I myself actually went as far as to insult Janey and basically tell them they're a disgusting person lol

Last edited:

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Generally mtfs are indistinguishable from cis girls if they take HRT from the beginning of puberty, and not after it. And yes, it does reduce discrimination when they do that. Typically though after puberty mtf hrt tends to make one look younger. not in between a girl and boy.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You considered adding methylsulfonylmethane to your regimen? I've been taking that stuff with OJ in the morning for 1.5 months and my hair feels stronger than I've ever known it to be. Granted I'm megadosing like at 12g (no real sides for me although a few report initial headaches) but there's a study that even low doses like 3g improve shine, volume and split ends.
Just checked it out, looks interesting. Maybe I'll consider it, I do treat supplements as a somewhat important addition to my HRT regimen. Thanks for the suggestion.

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just checked it out, looks interesting. Maybe I'll consider it, I do treat supplements as a somewhat important addition to my HRT regimen. Thanks for the suggestion.

that stuff made my hair as luscious as back when I was a teenager. I'm not sure if it helps with balding itself but it will increase the aesthetic quality of your hair for sure

also very good for the skin