slybaldguys forum

s.a.f

Reaction score
Primo said:
Sorry guys, but delusional or not, slybaldguys attitude to baldness and life in general is going to be much more attractive to other people than many here who look at themselves as "social lepers" and think bald people genuinely contemplating suicide is perfectly normal and understandable.

It's that kind of negative loser attitude that repels people and turns you into a social reject.

At least they can look in the mirror every morning and be satisfied with their reflection.

I think finding acceptance of yourself, even it is via some self-delusion, is better than a life of self-loathing and loneliness.

I don't however I agree with all this fake backslapping you get from some members on that forum, guys saying " you look f****ing great with a shaved head bro!" when in truth the guy really couldn't look any worse without hair!

True,
But thats how I see religous people.
Alot of people try to convince themselves that god and heaven and all that crap is real but they know deep down that is just horse5hit.

Personally I'd rather accept the brutal reality than try and delude myself.

slipy

Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
the nothingness is actually comforting tho, sure theres no happiness, but theres no negative feelings either. not even numbness

not for me though, the moment i even alowed the thought of nothingness being possible after death is when i got really scared. i just can't imagine my consciosness not existing at all.

s.a.f

Reaction score
slipy said:
not for me though, the moment i even alowed the thought of nothingness being possible after death is when i got really scared. i just can't imagine my consciosness not existing at all.

Of course you cant, but where was your conciousness 50 yrs ago?

It did'nt exist then and you were'nt aware of that fact and it wont exist in another 50/60 yrs time.

I dont find that scary at all.

slipy

Reaction score
thats your view saf. i know you don't believe in reincarnation and all that sh*t.
but your words don't convince me. if some super inteligent species came to our planet and proved me how there can't be a god, then i'd believe this view.

even that stephen hawkings guy (spelling?) said our science can't disprove god's existance.

s.a.f

Reaction score
slipy said:
thats your view saf. i know you don't believe in reincarnation and all that sh*t.
but your words don't convince me. if some super inteligent species came to our planet and proved me how there can't be a god, then i'd believe this view.

even that stephen hawkings guy (spelling?) said our science can't disprove god's existance.

Dude,

You cant prove 100% that superman or santa claus dont exist either.
Hawkings is an outspoken atheist.

Theres such a thing as the burden of truth, its not up to science to disprove religion its up to religion to offer solid evidence.

And science has completley disproven about 90% of the bibles claims.
So far ...

We may not know all the answers yet but you can be pretty sure those we dont know have nothing to do with an invisible man sitting on a cloud.

s.a.f

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
To say you don't fear your notion of what death implies is the same as saying you don't fear death itself. Unless you are 1 in a million then I think this in itself is self delusion. personally I think that there could well be nothing hereafter and that scares the sh*t out of me!

I fear the pain of death the experience of dying itself, but not the fact that I will die because thats 100% inevitable.
There have been over 150billion human lives on this planet and they are all gone. As individuals we are as insignificant as a grain of sand.

Its been said that death is the greatest gift of all just go into any nursing home or most hospital wards and you'll see thats true.

slipy

Reaction score
invisible man in the clouds? of course that's a fairytale. no one in their right mind would believe that.

all im saying, i allow the thought of there possibly, maybe being some kind of higher creating force behind everything that exists.

because when i ask ''why life exists?'' the answer "it just does for no reason whatsoever'' doesn't really convince me.

s.a.f

Reaction score
slipy said:
invisible man in the clouds? of course that's a fairytale. no one in their right mind would believe that.

all im saying, i allow the thought of there possibly, maybe being some kind of higher creating force behind everything that exists.

because when i ask ''why life exists?'' the answer "it just does for no reason whatsoever'' doesn't really convince me.

Why does there have to be a divine reason for something to exist it just does.

Do you really believe that out of the trillions of other planets/ galaxies /universes we are the only ones?

Life on earth is a freak happening, earth it what astrologers call a 'goldilocks' planet that means its within a certain distance of its solar systems sun that makes fall within the neither too hot or too cold range. Thats why we (like millions of other planets in existance) are able to sustain life.

Its just pure fluke.

If god made the earth then what made god and why did he make trillions of other empty planets?

s.a.f

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I worked in the care profession. I've nursed the elderly, I've seen the suffering some of them endure.

Perhaps when I'm old I'll think differently but right now for me the words of Dylan Thomas sum up my feelings perfectly.

"Do not go gently into that good night, rage, rage against the dying of the light"

The abys scares the sh*t out of me and significant long term pain is preferable IMO

Lol that kinda contridicts your signature. :)

But if you're not aware of the abyss then why would it matter, I'm sure some of those old folks would prefer to slip into eternal sleep.
Just look at the popularity of Dignitas.

s.a.f

Reaction score
slipy said:

Lol you've obviously never been to church, or America. :laugh:

slipy

Reaction score
saf have you heard of agnosticism?

''An agnostic is a person who believes that the existence of a greater power, such as a god, cannot be proven or disproved; therefore an agnostic wallows in the complexity of the existence of higher beings.

Agnostics on religion (Christianity, Islam, Buddhists, etc): Religious zealots are often viewed as ignorant by agnostics’ because of their blind following of a supreme being which may or may not exist. Agnostics will often question the existence of a supreme power because a lot of modern religious beliefs have no basis in modern logic; therefore blind following of popular religions is viewed as an easy out for people who chose not to think for themselves.

Agnostics on atheism: On the other end of the spectrum, unlike atheists, an agnostic uses a more scientific approach to their belief system. An agnostic knows that just because there is no physical proof of the existence of a higher being, it dose not automatically mean that one does not exist. An agnostic views an atheist on the same plane as a religious zealot; often because the belief that human beings are the pinnacle of intelligence and there are few things that we do not or have the potential to understand.

The realization of knowing that “we cannot know everythingâ€￾ is the backbone of the agnostic belief.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism

s.a.f

Reaction score
slipy said:
saf have you heard of agnosticism?

Yes. But I'm definatley atheist.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yes denial is a choice, weather it is to "accept" baldness or to "accept" baby jesus into yur heart. Once you make the conscious choice to believe something you put blinders on, shutting out any other possible truths. Tis the reason so many forms of power either religious or government can't see eye to eye.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
i just spent a bit of time reading that site again, seems less extreme than i remember it, they still have the delusional fukwits tho

i noticed posts from guys over there saying they WOULD like their hair back for once. of course that was in amongst others who claim to not even know if theyre losing their hair lol.... trust me mate, you know :)

and the rest of them also know that they all look like sh1t, every one of them.

i dont think im being over the top in saying that, i think its the truth, we can all get by and make something of ourselves in life but we'll have to live with the fact we're burdened by not being as good looking as we were. how much of a role THAT has to play in your life, how important it is to you, can only be relative to each of us.

we've all had to do a bit of soul searching during our hairloss journeys, if by the end of it you still seek the approval and compliments of peers/women, be they online or in person, tells me that youve still a way to go. the folks on that site are generally weak minded, seeking approval is a symptom of that, ive no time for them so i dont bother with them. i like this site because most of you on here are firmly routed in reality, which is a sh1tload more healthier for you than living in the world those sly lot inhabit.

its better to be humbled and aware than proud and delusional.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

s.a.f

Reaction score
What the point of that post (Vin Diesel in the shower)?
Whats that got to do with the average bald guy?

Also I sure that if you looked for it you'd find a fat and happy forum somewhere.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with dudemon. So what if most of SBG users look sh*t? So what if they're deluded? At least they're in peace with themselves, and that's something that can't be said for the most of us. I envy their mindset and have tried really hard to adopt it but I just can't, at least for now. Shaving/buzzing close is still better than growing clown hair. male pattern baldness is f*****g tough sh*t and it's great for them that they've found a way to cope with it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
dudemon said:
at least slybaldguys gets the message out to guys who are more advanced stages of male pattern baldness to just try to look the best they can, with whatever they have to work with.

Thats not what they're promoting, their viewpoint is to completley deny that being bald is in any way detrimental to looks.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ghg said:
I agree with dudemon. So what if most of SBG users look sh*t? So what if they're deluded? At least they're in peace with themselves, and that's something that can't be said for the most of us. I envy their mindset and have tried really hard to adopt it but I just can't, at least for now. Shaving/buzzing close is still better than growing clown hair. male pattern baldness is f****ing tough sh*t and it's great for them that they've found a way to cope with it.

I would prefer to be unhappy in reality than live in delusion, this is like saying I'd rather be a pig happily rolling in 5hit all day than be a man who has to worry about life.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow I am surprised at your attitude on this one s.a.f. I see where you are coming from, but I think slybaldguys is a great support forum.