Sitri Conference 04.14.2018: Brotzu Presentation - Updates Only

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not about the ability to hope, it's about finding an alternative to spending 2000 dollars for a Japan trip in 2019 that I can't afford

JohnMclane

My Regimen
Reaction score
jqEk5TO.gif

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not about the ability to hope, it's about finding an alternative to spending 2000 dollars for a Japan trip in 2019 that I can't afford
Are you f*****g serious man??

2020 Japan is just another hype train right now. I have hope for it to work... but we don't know sh*t about it!
Stop wasting your time WAITING for something and use treatments available today. then, you can return to HOPING.... NOT WAITING for something.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you f*****g serious man??

2020 Japan is just another hype train right now. I have hope for it to work... but we don't know sh*t about it!
Stop wasting your time WAITING for something and use treatments available today. then, you can return to HOPING.... NOT WAITING for something.
Dude, I'm already on treatments. However, at this point I would say the lotion won't even be launched into the market. Just to clarify my current opinion : The results are indeed sh*t , especially for diffuse thinners like me, but for norwood beginners it may be a decent solution since it has no side effects, if it is ever going to be brought into the market

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, I'm already on treatments. However, at this point I would say the lotion won't even be launched into the market. Just to clarify my current opinion : The results are indeed sh*t , especially for diffuse thinners, but for norwood beginners it may be a decent solution since it has no side effects, if it is ever going to be brought into the market
Well, sure. Maybe FIDIA will do something. Maybe not. I bet on a no go.
Anyway, how long have you been on treatments? How's it going?

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, sure. Maybe FIDIA will do something. Maybe not. I bet on a no go.
Anyway, how long have you been on treatments? How's it going?
I would say I'm a NW1.5, I regrew from NW2 by using only Nizoral and Zix since January, my only problem is that the temples are still thin but it doesn't bother me much, if I'm lucky enough I will regrow all my hair back

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say I'm a NW1.5, I regrew from NW2 by using only Nizoral and Zix since January, my only problem is that the temples are still thin but it doesn't bother me much, if I'm lucky enough I will regrow all my hair back
Oh man.
f*** this sh*t.

Maintain your hair with finasteride. get an hair transplant if necessary a couple of years later.
Stay away from this sub-forum man....

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my god... those results really suck.

Its no surprise to me though, it was borderline scam from the beggining to me.

@Armando Jose i think its time for your jojoba lotion again, what do you think?

Last edited:

Rolandconil

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is nothing to wait for. Foliica = minoxidil. the rest is all sh*t, there is nothing to wait for. Eat finasteride. Perhaps in 7-10 years, genetic engineering will help.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So..... not on the Shiseido train?

Guys it’s a f*****g stem cell theraphy, we couldn’t even get a f*****g brotzu snake oil on the market in what, 3 years? Just lol.. it will be available yes, some f*****g day when I’ll be 80 years old

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys it’s a f*****g stem cell theraphy, we couldn’t even get a f*****g brotzu snake oil on the market in what, 3 years? Just lol.. it will be available yes, some f*****g day when I’ll be 80 years old

Shiseido=PRP=kerastem

Now...... it was wrong to hype Brotzu based on conjecture....
But it's also wrong to dismiss something else based on conjecture.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score

The primary useful ingredient in Brotzu is s-equol, as described here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-and-the-primary-ingredient-in-brotzu.113209/

However, of the two types of equol, s-equol is the weaker one for hair. A racemic equol (r-equol & s-equol) topical would be far more effective. Though this added effectiveness is coming from the 5-AR downregulatory effect of r-equol. In prostate studies, r-equol does very well at shrinking prostates. This is another variation of how finasteride/dutasteride work.

But s-equol by itself should be expected to be weak and this is no surprise.

I have long thought Brotzu was a meme/joke on this forum. People talking about "Lord Brotzu", etc. It's unfortunate some people actually believed the hype. All that's in it is:

- s-equol - almost no effect against prostates or skin, and unproven for hair.
- DGLA - a PGE pre-cursor, selected primarily so they could call this a "natural product" and escape regulation.
- carnitine - an amino acid for which I am aware of one in vitro study showing a stimulatory effect, but unproven on actual heads.

This was never going to be a "game changer" for the hair loss industry, and while I found the enormous thread on it and memes funny, it's unfortunate some people truly didn't get what this was or wasn't and ended up with unrealistic expectations.

That said, there is definitely some improvement from before-after in those pics. It suggests in my opinion just how much more effective racemic equol mixed into 5% minoxidil would be as an "alternative hair loss solution".

If I were to propose such an "alternative hair loss solution", it would be:

- 5% minoxidil base
- 5% niacinamide for anti-sebum, anti-inflammatory, pro-collagen effect
- 1% desloratadine (anti-histamine)
- 1% racemic equol

I would strongly bet that would beat Brotzu's formulation head to head.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
The primary useful ingredient in Brotzu is s-equol, as described here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-and-the-primary-ingredient-in-brotzu.113209/

However, of the two types of equol, s-equol is the weaker one for hair. A racemic equol (r-equol & s-equol) topical would be far more effective. Though this added effectiveness is coming from the 5-AR downregulatory effect of r-equol. In prostate studies, r-equol does very well at shrinking prostates. This is another variation of how finasteride/dutasteride work.

But s-equol by itself should be expected to be weak and this is no surprise.

I have long thought Brotzu was a meme/joke on this forum. People talking about "Lord Brotzu", etc. It's unfortunate some people actually believed the hype. All that's in it is:

- s-equol - a weak agent against prostates and unproven agent for hair.
- DGLA - a PGE pre-cursor, selected primarily so they could call this a "natural product" and escape regulation.
- carnitine - an amino acid for which I am aware of one in vitro study showing a stimulatory effect, but unproven on actual heads.

This was never going to be a "game changer" for the hair loss industry, and while I found the enormous thread on it and memes funny, it's unfortunate some people truly didn't get what this was or wasn't and ended up with unrealistic expectations.

in light of the disappointing news from brotzu earlier today, im sorry to say you will not be allowed to leave this forum mate

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
in light of the disappointing news from brotzu earlier today, im sorry to say you will not be allowed to leave this forum mate

Lol. Well you're stuck with me either way for a little longer until I sort out my estrogen business. Running estriol experiments now over here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...trogen-promote-and-hinder-hair-growth.113077/

And thanks. But I think you're mostly having trouble because you have waited so long with your hair and you are opposed to aggressive measures. We have some members on here who have had dramatic recoveries at NW4+ but they all went very aggressive in treatment. If you ever became willing to do the same, the same might be possible for you too.

Otherwise, you're gonna have to cross your fingers and hope for stem cells to save you.

I think you already know which of those two options I prefer. But that's up to you.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. Well you're stuck with me either way for a little longer until I sort out my estrogen business. Running estriol experiments now over here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...trogen-promote-and-hinder-hair-growth.113077/

And thanks. But I think you're mostly having trouble because you have waited so long with your hair and you are opposed to aggressive measures. We have some members on here who have had dramatic recoveries at NW4+ but they all went very aggressive in treatment. If you ever became willing to do the same, the same might be possible for you too.

Otherwise, you're gonna have to cross your fingers and hope for stem cells to save you.

I think you already know which of those two options I prefer. But that's up to you.
What's the aggressive treatments you talk of?

Oral Minoxidil, duta and spironolactone?