Short Or Bald Men. Who Do You Think Has It Worse?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I pick being bald. I am little over 6ft btw.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, unconditional love is only given by a mother.

Can't blame women though.

I know sweet f*** all about relationships, but i think the idea that a woman can't love a man unconditionally is a bit skewed.

Reactions: INT

INT

Reaction score
You have exceptions but for the most part...

But believe me, I hope you are right and I'm wrong on this one.

You are either basing your opinion on your own experience or spent too much time on specific message boards...

INT

Reaction score
I think most men delude themselves into thinking something like "unconditional love" between a man and woman exists.

Hey believe what you want though, I know the real world isn't like the fairy tale you want it to be.

Why are you even on this board then? Think that bald men are also not disadvantaged in the dating world? Come on now, stop with the delusions. Life is hard.

Who are you to decide who is delusional? I am a psychologist that also does couple therapy so I think I am going to stick with my own beliefs...

INT

Reaction score
Why are you even on this board then? Think that bald men are also not disadvantaged in the dating world? Come on now, stop with the delusions. Life is hard.

So now you are putting opinions in my mouth, just to give yourself a target to attack.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Being short is worse. Being short and bald, like I am, is a death sentence.

INT

Reaction score
It's the same bullshit the average joe on the street spouts too. "hair doesn't matter". Just like you believing in "unconditional love".

Lol what is this argument? That is like saying "most guys like the color blue and most guys like cars, you are a guy that likes blue so therefore you must like cars". Never accuse people of fallacies if you make one yourself.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh lawd, let me educate you:

A man's dating pool is set by his height; >94% of women will reject a man for being "too short"
Stulp et al (2013) used a sample of 5782 North American speed-daters making 128 104 choices to determine preferences for partner height and how height influenced the formation of a match. They found that women were most likely to choose a speed-dater 25 cm taller than themselves, whereas men were most likely to choose women only 7 cm shorter than themselves. As a consequence, matches were most likely at an intermediate height difference (19 cm) that differed significantly from the preferred height difference of both sexes.

Their data can be further analyzed to provide data about women's height cutoffs, the benefit of each inch of height for a man, and the degree of competition each man faces based on his height.

1) Cutoffs:

Their findings also demonstrated the cutoffs at which women consider a man too short or too tall:

• 90% of women will reject a man who is 5'4" based solely on his height.
  • 65% of women will reject a man who is 5'7" based solely on his height.
  • 50% of women will reject a man who is 5'8" based solely on his height.
  • 14% of women will reject a man who is 5'10" based solely on his height.
  • 1.5% of women will reject a man who is 6' based solely on his height.
  • Past 6'2", women begin to increase rejections of men for being too tall.
  • 30% of women believe there is no such thing as a man being "too tall."
  • Over 94% of women will reject a man solely for him being too short.
2) Every Inch Counts:

Further analysis of their data demonstrates the importance of every inch of height for men, as two inches of height gain for a man can be found to have the following results:

• A man in the 5'4-5'6" range will have more than double the potential number of female partners with 2" height gain.
  • eg. A 5'4" man will have 2.3 times as many potential female partners by gaining 2" height.
  • A 5'7" man will have 1.86 times as many potential female partners by gaining 2" height.
  • Benefits become insignificant past 5'10".
  • Below 5'1" a 2" height gain also makes an insignificant difference, as even after 2" gain, a man at this height is still "too short" for most women to consider.
3) Competition:

Because the few women who are willing to date a shorter men are also generally willing to date a taller man as well, the competition for women willing to date shorter men becomes extremely high. This means:

• A 5' man must "beat" over 12 men (most of whom will be taller) to get a girl accepting of his height.
  • A 5'4" man will have to "beat" over 7 other men (most of whom will be taller) to get a girl accepting of his height.
  • 5'10 to 6'4" men have the least competition as the demand for these men outpaces their supply, and statistically overall women must compete for these men rather than vice versa.

That's pretty shocking, but i always see small guys with taller women...maybe they are just friends? lol Im 6 foot 2, not too tall, i have never really paid much attention to my height in terms of attracting women though. I think being bald is still worse.

INT

Reaction score
"Argumentum ab auctoritate", nice logical fallacy.

But again, if you mister psychologist wants to believe that real life is like a Disney movie then so be it. And I hope you are right. Sadly I do think you are wrong.

False accusation. I only said that I would stick to my own beliefs (given that I have actual professional experience in this topic and have read about it more than most here). I did not say "person x said y, therefore y is true", which in most cases is a fallacy.

INT

Reaction score
It shows how you are (willfully) blind. You understand that balding is a disadvantage in this world (lol I hope so, otherwise you wouldn't have 1900 posts here) but you can't fathom that maybe unconditional love is the same sort of lie as saying hair doesn't matter.

Maybe it's too hard for you to admit that unconditional love is a fantasy. Anyway, believe what you want, all statistics of the modern (dating) world show a picture that does not fit the "unconditional love" narrative.

Lol dude, read a book. Because I believe in the disadvantage of balding when it comes to dating I must not believe in true love. That is literally your point...

Who am I even arguing with, the guy that takes random internet polls serious...

INT

Reaction score
"professional experience" Sorry, being a psychologist doesn't make you an expert in love. Psychology is also a study in college that mostly attracts people who aren't smart enough for other real science fields. Being a psychologist makes me even more sceptical about your "knowledge"

Do you have any data on that? Smells like assumption to me. Second, you (wrongfully) accused me of using an appeal to authority, you now use the exact same construct but the other way around.

Being a psychologist does not make you an expert in love, I agree. However, one could argue that being a published researcher in the field of adult attachment and someone who specializes in couples therapy is likely to know more about love and relationships than the average Joe. But hey, who am to judge that?

It's time for you to read a book it seems, I'm sorry disney books don't count.

Yes I think you're deluding yourself just like guys who think hair does not matter.

Dude stop throwing that f*****g red herring regarding guys thinking that hair does not matter just so you can muddy the waters of the actual discussion we are having.

And lol at that last part, especially when it's coming from someone who also deals with PFS.

Lol, your logic is the best. This is your argument structure: because I had PFS, I must agree that a non-controlled random internet poll with a ridiculously low sample size that happens to support the notion of PFS (or whatever the outcome of that embarrassing poll was) has ANY value in a scientific discussion?

No, the scientific method is still more valuable than anecdote. That doesn't mean that I completely believe the Merck studies (which I don't), but it does mean that I cannot take your poll serious, just because the outcome suits me. It is a moral issue. It is the same as protesting against the death penalty but then supporting the death penalty when one of your loved ones gets killed. You stand by your principles, even when it doesn't suit your outcome. If you don't, you are weak.

Also, I know it is hard for you to just let people go who frustrate you (remember, you admitted this when you asked me via PM to help you with your PFS situation, which I did), but the mental gymnastics I see you do here are not healthy for you, nor for the overall mood on this forum.

INT

Reaction score
Seems like I hit a nerve.

Anyway this has gone on too long. Let's agree to disagree, I don't believe in general unconditional love especially when I look at all the data that is available.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, just like hair being important, in my opinion of course.

Lol, that is your reply? I calmy rebute your points, point out your fallacious reasoning, and ask for data when needed and then you come with 'seems like I hit a nerve'.

Data on unconditional love? Oh please, do share!

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Being short is worse. Being short and bald, like I am, is a death sentence.
androgen deprivation aka castration will make you taller since your bones will not fuse like normal men so that give a boost in height, i have gained 2 inches so far plus the thicker crown make me look alot taller, it is really something to consider if your appearance in very valuable to you. peace......

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, unconditional love is only given by a mother.

Can't blame women though.

Oh I don't. Men don't unconditionally love women either. People partener because the other person offers who things in life. That's a cold hard fact.

INT

Reaction score
The lack of humility of some of you guys here when you enlighten the world with 'facts' (opinions) is staggering..

RickDawson1

My Regimen
Reaction score
androgen deprivation aka castration will make you taller since your bones will not fuse like normal men so that give a boost in height, i have gained 2 inches so far plus the thicker crown make me look alot taller, it is really something to consider if your appearance in very valuable to you. peace......
Man I cant even stand you are so toxic to this forum, nobody that castrates themselves to keep hair should even be allowed to comment on these topics

There, I said it

RickDawson1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You seriously want to continue this? Agree to disagree isn't enough for you?

Come on, grow up mister psychologist.

Ofc there is no unconditional love,all of these sick fucks that promote castration and tranny therapy on here because of hair loss would stop it if they didnt care about what other people,specially women would think, just for a simple example

INT

Reaction score
You seriously want to continue this? Agree to disagree isn't enough for you?

Come on, grow up mister psychologist.

Well yes. You have claimed that you have data that contradicts my claims so I am really curious to see that data:).

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really. Once your bones are fused there is nothing you can do about it. Even orchiectomy or the most hardcore ADT won't budge you a centimeter (it might actually make you lose height, because you will get demasculinisation). It just so happened that you started while your bones still haven't fused yet, but for the majority of members here, they are well past their bones fusing. Recommending castration to people who value their physical appearance isn't something logical with all due respect. This regimen, along with ADT isn't something that most guys would want even if they are really vain.