Shooky's Story (20/ Inspiring young balding)

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear Brothers,

It started early in my days, during the time when I entered high I was merely the age of 16 years old. Took a shower after coming home from school in a bright florescent room with a mirror that corresponds diagonally; viewing all pertaining side of your head. Flipped my hairline back, there it was I didn't want to believe it was baldness, at first I shrugged my shoulders away as I didn't think to much of it. Consequently I've always had a high forehead, narrow features.

During the last year of my post secondary school education, I enrolled into the military, it was upon this course that in my basic military qualification, while in class a course student pointed out that I had a receding hair line, yet I still shrugged this off as the private giggled upon my "weakness". Surprisingly it didn't bother me and I was in denial, checking myself in the mirror I didn't see any apparent baldness. But yet people pointed it out?

The next following year I was turning 18 years old in a few months, going into my soldier qualification course, it was upon this day when the staff required that I receive an immediate hair cut (due to military believe the hair cannot be no longer then 6 inches on top and needs to be a 1-2 buzz on the side, simple terms cannot touch your ears). Well going to the salon, my head got shaved.. the barber told me I looked fine, yet all my course mates laughed it up, as I sucked in my pride. This worked as it didn't bother me beyond this point anymore.

From then one I entered a final year of graduating high school after my summer course in the military entering the last couple weeks of summer, sucking up insecurity with a hat on, thank god I always wore a fitted, so it wasn't anything superstitious or nerve wrecking upon myself and others.

Having my hat on was part of my daily routine, Didn't go any where without it. It became apart of me, when it came to going out on the weekend it followed me upon having dinner! with my own family.

Still had fun with my friends but dodged any formal events that I couldn't bring my hat too. Any time someone talked about a weeding, club my blood rushed as if my insecurity took over. male pattern baldness, finally It started kicking in that I was going bald and my fathers, and mothers genes got the best of me.

Surprisingly the next couple years before completing high school, nobody mentioned anything about my hairline, deep down inside I knew something wasn't right about my hair line but still I shrugged my shoulders and moved on with my life. Additionally my life revolved around; going to school, Playing MMORPG & going out on the weekend drinking with friends. I was popular at high school during the time, insecurity left me questioning my self and the people I hung around with were doing drugs and such. All though none of these traits effected my status or changed who I am.. or the "reputation" I had.

(Video games take away your social life if you play them like a full time job. Failing to believe this, my father was right. My social networking was behind a computer screen and a flat keyboard, lacking social skills in the outside world effected my family, friends, education, and myself.)

After high school I dropped out of the military due to baldness. Lying to my father who I joined the army for, about students harassing me. It was all behind male pattern baldness, during this time my hair was exceptionally thick with half inch receding temples at the age of 18. Would you believe that, after recieving ranks, recognition of my work and pat on the shoulder from my friends, quit the military to due to male pattern baldness, still none of my friends knew, at least that I know of?.. Few questioned me and teased me, I failed to believe that they knew and I was "safe".

At this time I'm 18 years old, I'm not in high school anymore, dropped out of the military and don't have a full time job. After being deprived of money and feeling sorry for myself, got a job doing labour where I could wear a "hat", yet again a concealer towards my identity, and insecurity. Well I worked my *** off for a couple years.

This is where the puzzles starting falling together that yes "I'm f*****g bald, but will denie it and not show it". Started doing research, upon discussions and products that I researched, I fell into a scam; provillius. http://www.provillus.com/int/ started using it for a year it followed its "natural ingredients" with minioxidol which is FDA approved. Falling into a scam i didn't realize until a year later that the product is not FDA approved, there claim is unethical, false and is upright wrong. Minioxidol is FDA approved, yet they bargain the whole-some product to be "FDA approved". Provillus itself is just bullshit natural ingredients.

After following for this my hairline at 19 years old is 3/4 inch receding in, followed by my hairline to be thinning, of which untill this day (November 25, 2010) has regained itself into a full thick crown. Upon being scammed by provillus I've stilled used minixoldil today, leaving my hairline to be the culprit of my Insecurity.

It was during the winter after leaving the military for 1 and 3/4 a year that Iv'e had my hair growing, at this point I looked like a mop, hair extremely long with a hat to cover it off. When I had the hat off I looked like a goof. It took me two months of research and balls to email an hair stylist to have a private appointment of which we agreed upon.

This was the peak of my prime now at nineteen, short hair of which the stylist had styled upon my directions. Sum it up, he did a great job, this boosted my confidence by a lot. Going home as a new man, throwing that hat in the close, I'd regained confidence going bald, but a new man.

Being a scrawny guy, Decided to go to the gym. Well this helped change my life, working out and feeling good about myself. Furthermore I cut out smoking and focused on a diet that would suite my personal needs of gaining weight, of which to this day I am still exercising and have gained vast amount of healthy pounds into my body.

This is where my life starts following in together; new hair cut, exercising, and minioxidol. Well to topp it off I got on propecia, before the summer started, things started falling together looking good. Being fashionably noticed, styling my hair.. everything was covered up. Until this day, people still do not know that I have a receding hair line. Funny aint it,?

I've regained my extroverted personality of being out going and the life of the party, hooking up with exceptionally good-looking woman, and being noticed all around. Everything is falling into place, except my hair line.

Sum up the story
These are the answered towards what changed my life
I've learned to stop being sorry for myself, and to find the answers towards my insecurities. Consequently I've found them, these are the things I swear by;

Minioxidol; One year
Propecia: One month
Mens sport multi-vitamin: One year
Exercising: One year
214b19y.jpg

Exercising to help halt hairloss? I've heard many people on here say that exercise/working out can accelerate hairloss, although I find this to be false.

shookwun

Reaction score
Missing density which is evident under proper lighting

ATTACH]
dmqgkn.png

11i0kzs.png

Surgery date

FEB 2016

2cn9q2r.jpg

25gdpi0.png

2432n1v.png

Attachments

• dmqgkn.png
    dmqgkn.png
    446.1 KB · Views: 101

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 month post operation

A significant amount of grafts continued to grow post operation, and never shed

View attachment 57947

Five month progress

View attachment 57948

View attachment 57949

So you had defuse?

I am afraid of a hair transplant due to being defuse...I have not met any women who had a successful hair transplant due to this.

They get shock loss and a year post op most are worse then when started.

I wonder why with men this does not happen?

Good job it looks good congratulation.

shookwun

Reaction score
So you had defuse?

I am afraid of a hair transplant due to being defuse...I have not met any women who had a successful hair transplant due to this.

They get shock loss and a year post op most are worse then when started.

I wonder why with men this does not happen?

Good job it looks good congratulation.
I am not entirely sure if I am diffuse.

I have been balding since I was 16. that's a decade worth of gradual thinning, and male pattern baldness, of which I only started medication in the last five.

I am a NW3 vertex. what you're looking at is a previously transplanted frontal third that didn't provide enough density.

When you fair/fine hair it takes a lot of grafts to mimic a course hair result. For those in a similar situation as myself it always takes an additional transplant to provide enough density.

Thick hair people may be able to get away with just one transplant.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not entirely sure if I am diffuse.

I have been balding since I was 16. that's a decade worth of gradual thinning, and male pattern baldness, of which I only started medication in the last five.

I am a NW3 vertex. what you're looking at is a previously transplanted frontal third that didn't provide enough density.

When you fair/fine hair it takes a lot of grafts to mimic a course hair result. For those in a similar situation as myself it always takes an additional transplant to provide enough density.

Thick hair people may be able to get away with just one transplant.

I am defuse on my crown...not bad though just front part line ( i showed you pic in past)

I have great donor site--but spoke to some women and they had great donor site but hair transplant went bad.

So its hard to say if its 'who' they went to or what the deal is.

Wish more women shared its just the bad stories not the good ones.

Going back to see surgeon next month I will talk to him about it again what he thinks.

shookwun

Reaction score
I am defuse on my crown...not bad though just front part line ( i showed you pic in past)

I have great donor site--but spoke to some women and they had great donor site but hair transplant went bad.

Going back to see surgeon next month I will talk to him about it again what he thinks.
A strip will work very well in your favor.

Considering you have a lot of hair up top.

Sent to Dr. Rassman a picture of your hair, and explain your situation. He will respond..

baldingblog.com

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi65.tinypic.com%2Fdmqgkn.png

I see diffusion to NW4 here...

shookwun

Reaction score

you have very good donor hair, and will not have to worry about needing an additional top up like myself.
View attachment 57952

I see diffusion to NW4 here...
I am a NW6 final pattern when we take in consideration my sides, and back.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

shookwun

Reaction score
5 months styled looks good. I am confused about the photo with your hair combed forward that shows some diffuse areas. Is that at 5 months too but just wet?
Thats before the hair transplant.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shook, your hair looks great! It seems like this last surgery has really provided the density you wanted; I'm glad to see ya happy man.

Tapajer1991

Reaction score
Shook, how did you stop your hairline from receding more? I'm having problem with that because my hairline recession hasn't stopped or slow down at all. I'm African American by the way.. Also you think it smart for me to do a hair transplant 2000 graft for a receding hairline.

shookwun

Reaction score
What aggravates me the most is the residual pinks post operation. Takes me around six months before my skin is back to base line. Can still see a faint outline in the pictures and in real life.

I use cover girl make up around the frontal hairline when necessary. A quick pat, and smudge with the sponge applicator.

Shook, how did you stop your hairline from receding more? I'm having problem with that because my hairline recession hasn't stopped or slow down at all. I'm African American by the way.. Also you think it smart for me to do a hair transplant 2000 graft for a receding hairline.

Contact dr. Diep for advice.

He seems to be the go to doctor for African Americans.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats man, looks fantastic.

What will you do if hair behind transplant thins though? Can't imagine you have much donor left after three surgeries?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats man, looks fantastic.

What will you do if hair behind transplant thins though? Can't imagine you have much donor left after three surgeries?

wim-ofner-2-600.jpg

reverse Italian mafiozi combover