Shooky's Story (20/ Inspiring young balding)

shookwun

Reaction score
Mate, I had a hair transplant. The growth on my temples isn't from finasteride if that's what you're referring to.

it's an on going process. It definitely takes up to a year before you see noticible results, that and being consistent with administration.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice pictures. I don't know if it's me but I can still visualise the forelock and transplanted areas in that picture as distinct. I guess it shows that under certain lighting even the best transplants will look ever so slightly different to native hair, to the trained eye.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know you had a transplant wasn't talking about temple growth. I'm about to hit 6 months on finasteride so. See some people maintaining by now or some with regrowth, I thought it would be a low long cycle before a noticeable difference.

shookwun

Reaction score
Day 1 after my fue procedure. close to 850 grafts

can barely see anything. donor area sore but feels great to touch.

f4ham9.jpg

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Might need to add dutasteride with the finasteride for the crown and generally for the top. Looks like finasteride isn't quite enough. Anyway, good work bro. Good luck on the recovery and I am sure the procedure will turn out great.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
You can definitely spot that it is hair transplant.

Yeah because hes updating on his transplant and had to shave the donor area for it......

Shook you kept the transplant areas at regular length all on the top? Or did you have to shave the front?

shookwun

Reaction score
@swoop, and wolf. Pretty sure it's just the angle and lighting.
FUT scar between hair and harvest zone for fue

Day 2. Surprised how quick it's healing. I'll never do fut again. That pain and healing time isn't worth it.

Might just buzz my hair. This bowl cut is lulz
157zl0z.jpg

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bowl cut lol. I plan on a complete shave for my transplant. Long on top, shaved sides ftw! Just buzz it and let the hair grow out, won't take long. Man, you are healing quick. Great to see.

shookwun

Reaction score
At day 7 I Will head over to my barber, and get the back and sided faded/blended in.

will resume training on day 7. Keep it light, and will be full force by day 10 when grafts are 100% secure.

When I get a chance i'll make a big thread, but in the mean time I'm very happy with Rahal's approach and artistic touch. Not only did he reinforce my sides, and construct brand new temple poiints, but he reinforced the hairline for more density, and provided better angle closure. 850 grafts

The hardest part awaits. But man i can see a huge difference from my profile with the edition of temple points. Seriously, I didn't realise how big of a difference these make and I urge everyone to place high emphasis on restoring them in hand with the hairline. .

P_AC1999

Reaction score
Just start using the 3 main products for hair loss sufferers and gather money for a hair transplant. 3 years bald wouldn't be that bad

diehunnen123

Banned
Reaction score
At day 7 I Will head over to my barber, and get the back and sided faded/blended in.

will resume training on day 7. Keep it light, and will be full force by day 10 when grafts are 100% secure.

When I get a chance i'll make a big thread, but in the mean time I'm very happy with Rahal's approach and artistic touch. Not only did he reinforce my sides, and construct brand new temple poiints, but he reinforced the hairline for more density, and provided better angle closure. 850 grafts

The hardest part awaits. But man i can see a huge difference from my profile with the edition of temple points. Seriously, I didn't realise how big of a difference these make and I urge everyone to place high emphasis on restoring them in hand with the hairline. .

keep us updated

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking good!
Side note is I never see post about applying minoxidil to temple points. This should be done. I also rub my hands to my beard area hoping that thickens the beard hairs. Not sure if it helps by why not.

shookwun

Reaction score
About 9 weeks post operation: Nothing to drastic to update, aside from a few hairs sprouting here, and there, but nothing significant enough to warrant a picture. Redness is still lingering around, but isn't that noticible.

Realy looking forward to the temple point growth. Almost at the 'pedal to the metal growth stage'. First three months are always the hardest on the mind, but after that my mind is at ease, and I can continue living rather then waiting..

- When I put my hands over my temple point outline, it's amazing the difference it makes to the face. More frame, and harmony is restored, reduction in that wide fore head appearance. A sharp, and pristine look!

I stopped applying minioxidil to my temple points, but I might start doing so again. I'm not sure if it even makes a difference. The hair will grow regardless.

Beard growth is entirely based on androgens, more specifically having adequate amounts of testosterone, and the genetic disposition. perhaps minioxidil could thicken, and accelerate existing hairs, but it wont grow new follicles out of thin air.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great to hear Shook! You're still just doing strictly finasteride correct?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks shookwun for sharing your latest update about the post operation. :) I think your temple points will turn out great, with adequate frame to face that you've so desperately needed for the longest time, and which many of us here need! About Minoxidil, I honestly wouldn't bother with applying it on your transplanted hair.