Shooky's Story (20/ Inspiring young balding)

shookwun

Reaction score
Congrats man, looks fantastic.

What will you do if hair behind transplant thins though? Can't imagine you have much donor left after three surgeries?
It most likely wont.

Every surgery I had was transplanted into the frontal third, along with other areas.

perhaps I can expect a decrease in density, but I unlikely in that regard.

As I have said, I have been balding since I was fifteen-sixteen, taken steroids and it hasn't done much. there are methods and precautions I could of taken before hand but even then under the worst situations it wasnt that bad.

have around 2000-3000 grafts left.

About 2000 beard grafts for back up.

Not concerned at this point.

23,000-24,000 CAD spent already. All paid off...

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are amazing results! As a fellow member of the hat prisoner/concealer brigade, this must be soooo liberating. Good for you.

shookwun

Reaction score
@shookwun

A role model for those with typical Androgenetic Alopecia which responds to medication and has sufficient donor. You're cured bro, I hope mentally too. Wishing you the best! You sound happier and calmer too. Not worried for the future and you shouldn't be.

View attachment 58708
When do hairs stop sprouting and maturation take place? this is a grey area for me that I dont entirely understand.

I believe you mentioned by 8 months grafts have all sprouted. from my understand every hair has a different sleep cycle and some grow faster then others, while some can take as long as 6-8 months before they pop through the scalp.

Also, what do you know about hair groupings after a hair transplant. When we are initially transplanted each graft grows into a singular follicle, but from my understanding eventually they will return to doubles and triple based on the graft. Have you experienced this personally? seeing your entire hairline come back, but it was thin at first. Eventually by 8-12 months the groupings take place and thats where the 'density' comes into play

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people have about 60% of the result at 6 months. 98% at 12 months. This is just a rough estimate. Some people don't improve much after 6 months for example. I'd say in my case by 8 months all grafts sprouted. I was a very slow grower. Initial hairs were thin and hadn't matured. I've improved significantly between months 9-12 I feel just by maturation. Just reached month 12. I think all the hairs from the graft will show up by month 9, a month after all the grafts sprouted.

I had a passport photo taken yesterday and my hair looked like I was 18, just with a mature hairline. First reaction was it's looking too thick and need to cut it to keep it tidy, all from just 2k grafts. Still, it's not actually as thick as 18, reality of male pattern baldness and transplants. But close to perfect which is more than enough. I want to do a 3.5k graft transplant all over because you can see thin areas when it's buzzed, this is a long term plan of mine. It won't be a game changer as my hair is fine now when grown out. Just added insurance.

How much do you think had sprouted at 3.5 months? I am at that stage and its a total emotional rollercoaster at this point. One side is coming in way quicker and the very front has very uneven growth in comparison to the sides. Also the very front of the hairline was the most densely packed part but looks less dense than the areas behind it at the moment.

Early days obviously, but all the hours of research didn't prepare me for what a mindfuck the early stages of the growth phase can be. Obsessed with looking in the mirror constantly trying to spot any changes, if more sprouts are still coming or if it just looks denser because of the growth in length.

Friga

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey shook,

Im at 5 months post fut with rahal. Pretty sparse. Any advice here?