Setipiprant - Frequently Asked Questions

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
week 8 update: When I first started seti, my shedding reduced drastically for a few weeks. Now, it is starting to kick in to overdrive - but I'm not sure if this is a bad or good sign. Many (most?) finasteride responders report a shedding period at 2-3 months, and this shed matches up with that timeline. The weird part is I'm shedding from all over my crown / midscalp area but my hairline is seeing slight regrowth. hairs that were vellus when I started seti are now gaining pigment and growing longer, a few of them I can see going terminal. For any of you who used finasteride / know more about the finasteride shed... is this shedding a good sign? I know its hard to give a straight answer but any help would be appreciated!

mowingdown

Reaction score
That’s interesting. I will say this. It’s crazy how quickly oral seti has decreased my shedding. That said, I am uneasy about using it orally, because it will hit all the receptors in the body. If it worked as well topically as it does orally, I would jump on it.

How much are you using orally per day?

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
week 8 update: When I first started seti, my shedding reduced drastically for a few weeks. Now, it is starting to kick in to overdrive - but I'm not sure if this is a bad or good sign. Many (most?) finasteride responders report a shedding period at 2-3 months, and this shed matches up with that timeline. The weird part is I'm shedding from all over my crown / midscalp area but my hairline is seeing slight regrowth. hairs that were vellus when I started seti are now gaining pigment and growing longer, a few of them I can see going terminal. For any of you who used finasteride / know more about the finasteride shed... is this shedding a good sign? I know its hard to give a straight answer but any help would be appreciated!
The hairline is the most DHT sensitive part, so I would say as long as you improve there you are on the right track.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much are you using orally per day?
It works out to somewhere around 1.6-1.8g’s depending on the pill. I can’t stuff anymore in the capsules than that. If I took one more capsule, that puts me way over the limit. It seems the sleep issues are slowly subsiding. But definitely having a huge decrease in shedding when applying topicals. Haven’t experienced what @ZenHead has seen as it relates to the boomerang effect. Hopefully it stays that way.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It works out to somewhere around 1.6-1.8g’s depending on the pill. I can’t stuff anymore in the capsules than that. If I took one more capsule, that puts me way over the limit. It seems the sleep issues are slowly subsiding. But definitely having a huge decrease in shedding when applying topicals. Haven’t experienced what @ZenHead has seen as it relates to the boomerang effect. Hopefully it stays that way.
Boomerang effect?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1g twice daily, 12 hours apart.
Yes. Twice daily I should also say. About 800mgs twice daily. Give or take. Also, I have noticed brain fog, which really really pisses me off. Lived with it for years with finasteride and didn’t realize it. Now I know it inside and out. Haven’t had it for years, and now it’s back again. Didn’t think this was supposed to do that?

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Didn't you say you were also using minoxidil? If so, it could just be a typical minoxidil shed. Hair follicles shed their club hairs (the hair shaft produced during the previous cycle) shortly after they go into anagen. Shedding could mean that a lot of your hair follicles are going into anagen at the same time, and that you're responding to treatment.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't you say you were also using minoxidil? If so, it could just be a typical minoxidil shed. Hair follicles shed their club hairs (the hair shaft produced during the previous cycle) shortly after they go into anagen. Shedding could mean that a lot of your hair follicles are going into anagen at the same time, and that you're responding to treatment.
I am on minoxidil, but I have been on it for nearly 10 months now. Maybe the Setipiprant is finally allowing the minoxidil to do its job without pgd2 wreaking havoc on my scalp? Idk man

cornstalks

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a similar experience to what you described when I was on finasteride last year. Big shed, but some regrowth in the hairline that was lost due to receding. That regrowth was how I new that the treatment was working. The shedding started to subside until it came to a point where I would lose very few hairs a day and my crown density also increased dramatically. finasteride certainly did wonders for my hair, it's a shame I had to quit due to serious side effects (and lose all my gains!). This is why I also want to get an seti soon.

EDIT: I should also add that I was on minoxidil since half a year prior to starting finasteride and have never quit using it since it didn't give me side effects like finasteride did. My shedding period happened after taking finasteride, but I don't know for sure if minoxidil had anything to do with the shedding.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a similar experience to what you described when I was on finasteride last year. Big shed, but some regrowth in the hairline that was lost due to receding. That regrowth was how I new that the treatment was working. The shedding started to subside until it came to a point where I would lose very few hairs a day and my crown density also increased dramatically. finasteride certainly did wonders for my hair, it's a shame I had to quit due to serious side effects (and lose all my gains!). This is why I also want to get an seti soon.

EDIT: I should also add that I was on minoxidil since half a year prior to starting finasteride and have never quit using it since it didn't give me side effects like finasteride did. My shedding period happened after taking finasteride, but I don't know for sure if minoxidil had anything to do with the shedding.
Thanks for sharing your experience man I really appreciate it. As for the shedding, was it all over your head (diffuse shedding) or just one area? Mine is all over but mostly the crown. The slight regrowth on the hairline at the same time as diffuse shedding is so strange to me

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't get sides.. But.. Slide up and read to #221 jonnywalker93, Monday at 3:37 AM...

Plus #1 westonci, Jan 24, 2018

I think so topical use is safer..

Why not try orally to see, maybe you dont get any sides at all?

omega

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not try orally to see, maybe you dont get any sides at all?

Since seti is a receptor blocker it makes more sense to use it topically.

topically:
- pgd2 decrease + the pge2 increase with topical used >> pgd2-induced pruritus decrease

orally:
- if swallowed the seti >> 50% go down the sink

Furthermore it will get spread throughout your entire body, so orally not safe.

some possitive effect:
- It is involved in the regulation of reducing body temperature in sleep
- PGD2 acts as a negative regulator of the tumorigenic changes in tumor ECs.

Studies:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/path.4993/full, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20505747, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostaglandin_D2

cornstalks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience man I really appreciate it. As for the shedding, was it all over your head (diffuse shedding) or just one area? Mine is all over but mostly the crown. The slight regrowth on the hairline at the same time as diffuse shedding is so strange to me
The shedding I experienced was of a diffused pattern. My hair loss pattern shows more loss on the crown and hair line, but I did lose density overall. After a certain point on finasteride, I would see a lot more hair come out during showers and when I towel dried my hair. During this period I would notice up to few dozen of hair sticking to my hands just from applying shampoo to my hair.However, I do remember this period being pretty brief for me (lasted maybe two weeks?).

After a while the shedding slowly decreased to the point where I lost at most maybe 5 hairs during showers and slowly saw great regrowth. After I quit finasteride, I slowly began to lose more and more hair, and then went through a period of massive shedding similar to what I had after getting on finasteride. After about a month or so shedding has stabilized, but am losing much more hair than when I was on finasteride, but more importantly am seeing miniaturization.

I wish there was some sort of scientific explanation for why these rapid shedding periods occur followed by a stabilization of loss.

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If i dont have capsules for seti, how can i then take it orally without wasting any?

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If i dont have capsules for seti, how can i then take it orally without wasting any?
Weight it, you can weight it by mg if you buy one from a smoke shop. After weighing as much as you need put it on a paper plate in the center. Fold the sides so there is a narrow like tube and put your mouth on it and tilt your head back then all he powder will fall into your mouth and chug water to get it all down. That’s what I do every day it takes me about 2 minutes to do cause I weight it every morning

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't believe you guys are sacrificing mental clarity for some temporary hair

Have I missed something, what's this about mental clarity?

Also I'd like to just retract my statement about experiencing a faster heart beat upon taking Lyphar's seti, those symptoms have gone entirely and were most likely unrelated to start with. Can't notice too much different between this and the definitely legit stuff I got off private forum. Have upped dose to 1.8G daily.