Setipiprant - Frequently Asked Questions

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In what sense? Ive read very few forum posts of people using it

It is a ramatroban analogue. It is more selective but has never been tested in humans.

It affects the thromboxane, means it is likely to affect wound healing. If you take that orally you better dont get into an accident (inner bleeding).
The half life is another issue. It is gigantic. If you go with the data is easily blocks them for a decade. In reality: Basically just as long as the receptors take to renew.

I also saw some studies implying that thromboxane inhibiton can negatively affect PGE2 synthesis.

So if you wanna use it nonetheless IIl would go about this like this:

- Topically, tiny amounts 0.0X%
- Use it only a few times (receptor are blocked until renewal, no reason to unnecessarily risk)
- Lowest penetration possible

But lets be honest, there are better options.

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is a ramatroban analogue. It is more selective but has never been tested in humans.

It affects the thromboxane, means it is likely to affect wound healing. If you take that orally you better dont get into an accident (inner bleeding).
The half life is another issue. It is gigantic. If you go with the data is easily blocks them for a decade. In reality: Basically just as long as the receptor renew.

I also saw some studies implying that thromoxane inhibiton can negatively affect PGE2 synthesis.

So if you wanna use it nonetheless IIl would go about this like this:

- Topically, tiny amounts 0.0X%
- Use it only a few times (receptor are blocked until renewal, no reason to unnecessarily risk)

But lets be honest, there are better options.

Its an anologue but the modifications mean that it doesnt interact with the thromoxane receptor at all. It is highly selective to crth.

Youre right in that this is stupid though. The truth is that minoxidil and finasteride have stopped working for me, prp hasnt helped. So if tm doesnt work or gives me side effects, i only realistically have pdo threading to try left. after that i guess its just acceptance and praying a new treatment is out sooner rather than later.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its an anologue but the modifications mean that it doesnt interact with the thromoxane receptor at all. It is highly selective to crth.

Youre right in that this is stupid though. The truth is that minoxidil and finasteride have stopped working for me, prp hasnt helped. So if tm doesnt work or gives me side effects, i only realistically have pdo threading to try left. after that i guess its just acceptance and praying a new treatment is out sooner rather than later.

Sulfasalazine can cheat PGH2 towards producing PGE2.

Otherwise you can try Cox inhibitors and readding PGE2 exogenously.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did anybody do a group buy for this?
Maybe we could get a selerate thread for a group buy and all chip in for it to be tested as well?

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be taking anything orally you buy from China. I took Kane Seti (1g a day) and it had a weird effect on my face in terms of dryness. TM is said to be much stronger & with a huge half-life. Add that in with the potential for this stuff to be carcinogenic or straight out dangerous, not worth it.

Thats one of the main side effect of seti. lol

shookwun

Reaction score
finasteride trumps seti as far as results

Practically free in comparison $$

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbh at first fina gave me some side effects such as sexual and tiredness. However, it wasn’t really a big of problem, because it wasn’t that weaked, and my gf didn’t seem to notice. After certain months, all the sides are gone. It is really a blessing to not have any sexual sides from fina, but it’s time to move on to next medication. That’s why I started to take seti and finna at the same time.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really wish we could put the whole finasteride argument to bed. Good gracious. There are three types of outcomes with Fina. Those that get sides right away, those that develop them in time, and those that never get them over the life of the drug. The latter is very small subset. I took finasteride for 13 years. It was a miracle for 5. Around year six, it about ruined my life. I spent 6 years in what I thought was adrenal fatigue. The brain fog, disassociated feeling hadn’t been attributed to the drug yet. Still, that whole time, no sexual side effects. Got off of it after it nearly destroyed my marriage, and within 5 mos I realized I had been a prisoner for the last several years. Went 2 years without it. Figured this past fall, “ah, I’ll give it one more shot”. In 2 weeks time, no libido, and my sexual plumbing would not work. Literally felt dead from the waste down. It’s just starting to come back now. All that to say, absolutely, try it and use it, but these people that say it’s all in your heads etc, you’re not giving the new guys a fair shake. Use it, but know if not now, probably at some point, with age, the sides will come. That is all.

Last edited:

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really wish we could put the whole finasteride argument to bed. Good gracious. There are three types of outcomes with Fina. Those that get sides right away, those that develop them in time, and those that never get them over the life of the drug. The latter is very small subset. I took finasteride for 13 years. It was a miracle for 5. Around year six, it about ruined my life. I spent 6 years in what I thought was adrenal fatigue. The brain fog, disassociated feeling hadn’t been attributed to the drug yet. Still, that whole time, no sexual side effects. Got off of it after it nearly destroyed my marriage, and within 5 mos I realized I had been a prisoner for the last several years. Went 2 years without it. Figured this past fall, “ah, I’ll give it one more shot”. In 2 weeks time, no libido, and my sexual plumbing would not work. Literally felt dead from the waste down. It’s just starting to come back now. All that to say, absolutely, try it and use it, but these people that say it’s all in your heads etc, you’re not giving the new guys a fair shake. Use it, but know if not now, probably at some point, with age, the sides will come. That is all.
I feel you man, I got the adrenal fatigue and never truly stopped after getting off the drug, it's a lot better since I quit but I feel like I'm not 100% yet, how long did it take you to recover (assuming you did)?

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just ordered 100 grams seti from Lyphar, how much effect does 750 mg a day do? and should i spread it into two doses a day or all at the same time?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
if finasteride worked well for me without any sides, id not even bother with seti. But its not!
Lol, sure., Congratulation, you are supeman, Inhibiting 70 % of your stronger androgen plus alopregnolone, there is not a single chance to don't have side effects

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sulfasalazine can cheat PGH2 towards producing PGE2.

Otherwise you can try Cox inhibitors and readding PGE2 exogenously.

Really interesting. Never heard abou sulfasalazine but is accesible. Wonders if it will work as topical without going systemic

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really interesting. Never heard abou sulfasalazine but is accesible. Wonders if it will work as topical without going systemic

Oh, noes.

You need it active in Sulfasalazine called Mesalamine for topical usage. I thought about it, but its solubility isnt the greatest.

DONT USE SULFASALAZINE TOPICALLY, YOU GONNA GET A YELLOW HEAD.

I dont wanna end like swiss who was blamed later on by some moron for colouring his head yellow...

Mesalamine would be interesting, cause it has less sides but no one tested this so far for Androgenetic Alopecia.