Setipiprant - Frequently Asked Questions

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have taken Mesalamine for years and years for other health problems. Very safe and low side effect profile. If anything it MIGHT slow the progression of Androgenetic Alopecia.

Sulfasalazine on the other hand, made me feel exhausted every day and gave me migraines.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Week 6 update: Definitely less shedding. The way I test this is by laying my hands flat on the crown of my head and sliding them all the way forward 10 times, the hairs will fall on my desk. Before seti I could get more than 10 to fall out every time. Now it’s maybe 2 or 3. I know it’s not the most accurate method but that’s just how I try to measure it, it works for me. The itch is completely gone. Less hair in the shower when shampooing for sure. Baby fuzz on the temples thickening a bit, not terminal yet but somewhere in between I guess. Can’t notice an improvement in my crown yet but my hair is a bit longer so it will take a while I suppose. I noticed 2 side effects: the first being slight sleep disturbances. The second is a reddish facial complexion after taking it and a very slight itch (in the face not the scalp). I can compare this similarly to a niacin flush - which is interesting because a niacin flush is caused by pgd2 being flushed from your mast cells through the dp1 receptor (the one that seti doesn’t block).

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Week 6 update: Definitely less shedding. The way I test this is by laying my hands flat on the crown of my head and sliding them all the way forward 10 times, the hairs will fall on my desk. Before seti I could get more than 10 to fall out every time. Now it’s maybe 2 or 3. I know it’s not the most accurate method but that’s just how I try to measure it, it works for me. The itch is completely gone. Less hair in the shower when shampooing for sure. Baby fuzz on the temples thickening a bit, not terminal yet but somewhere in between I guess. Can’t notice an improvement in my crown yet but my hair is a bit longer so it will take a while I suppose. I noticed 2 side effects: the first being slight sleep disturbances. The second is a reddish facial complexion after taking it and a very slight itch (in the face not the scalp). I can compare this similarly to a niacin flush - which is interesting because a niacin flush is caused by pgd2 being flushed from your mast cells through the dp1 receptor (the one that seti doesn’t block).
Thanks for the update, mate!

Could you remind, what is your dose? How bad sleep issue is?

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't find why it is not use it as topical . Sorry it was already posted.
it is, im using it topically. But u can't dissolve high dose in ethanol. So 1-2g orally is more effective, apparently.

edit: when seti first became available ~2 years, everyone was using it topically. It was too expensive to do orally. From the reports it seems 1-2g orally is way stronger then max u can dissolve in ethanol.

Last edited:

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, mate!

Could you remind, what is your dose? How bad sleep issue is?
1g every 12 hours. Sleep issue isnt that bad, completely manageable. You can take some sleep aid and it will go away.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On week 3 of using 600mg seti 2x a day. I find myself waking up in the middle of the night most nights, this isn't too much of an issue though as I don't have issues getting back to sleep and feel fine the next day. I would advise taking seti 3/4 hours before you go to sleep because I find it difficult to sleep when it's taken any later. My mouth does get dry and especially my lips which I have to use lip balm on to alleviate, but other than that I've had no other sides.

danielgomez064

My Regimen
Reaction score
I he taken finasteride for ~3 years now to stop diffuse thinning across my scalp. I was beset by a few of the common side effects, namely bloat and ED. However I experienced some hair regrowth and density maintenance.

I looked to setipripant as a way to maintain my hair without the side effects of dutasteride. However, to my great dismay seti proved to be a nightmare. I ordered from zhe chem and began oral dosing ~3 mos ago at the recommendation of a trusted member.

The effects I experienced are as follows - rapid and pronounced loss of collagen akin to heavy minoxydil use. Dark discoloration around my eyes. Continued shedding of hair that finasteride had maintained. And severe erectile dysfunction that has led me to think I may be permanently impotent.

I beg of you do not trust this chemical. I only hope I can undo this disaster with finasteride, a hair transplant and extensive ED protocols.

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I he taken finasteride for ~3 years now to stop diffuse thinning across my scalp. I was beset by a few of the common side effects, namely bloat and ED. However I experienced some hair regrowth and density maintenance.

I looked to setipripant as a way to maintain my hair without the side effects of dutasteride. However, to my great dismay seti proved to be a nightmare. I ordered from zhe chem and began oral dosing ~3 mos ago at the recommendation of a trusted member.

The effects I experienced are as follows - rapid and pronounced loss of collagen akin to heavy minoxydil use. Dark discoloration around my eyes. Continued shedding of hair that finasteride had maintained. And severe erectile dysfunction that has led me to think I may be permanently impotent.

I beg of you do not trust this chemical. I only hope I can undo this disaster with finasteride, a hair transplant and extensive ED protocols.

Hey man!
Sorry to hear about your problems. Hope it will resolve soon.

Question: did you stop finasteride when you started seti?

Did you test your Seti?

danielgomez064

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man!
Sorry to hear about your problems. Hope it will resolve soon.

Question: did you stop finasteride when you started seti?

Did you test your Seti?

I stopped taking finasteride 2 weeks prior in anticipation of starting a seti regimen. I experienced no immediate negative sides in the 2 weeks following. The effects I described began roughly 3 days after beginning seti. There can be no other cause ad my lifestyle is the same. I eat healthy and am an avid fitness enthusiast. I wish I had never gotten greedy with seti and stuck with finasteride. I will update again once I experience a positive rebound from these sides.

Mattias

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped taking finasteride 2 weeks prior in anticipation of starting a seti regimen. I experienced no immediate negative sides in the 2 weeks following. The effects I described began roughly 3 days after beginning seti. There can be no other cause ad my lifestyle is the same. I eat healthy and am an avid fitness enthusiast. I wish I had never gotten greedy with seti and stuck with finasteride. I will update again once I experience a positive rebound from these sides.

Well, sounds to me that it's a post finasteride crash . That's what I got when I quit finastierde after 1 year and it's quite common.
Thoes side effects you describe is more likely to be just that than side effects of Seti.
Or you might have a bad batch of Seti with causes the sides. I would bet it's post finasteride crash though .

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it is obvious that not all will react the same right?

Last edited:

BobLandahl

My Regimen
Reaction score
DO NOT USE SETIPIPRANT. I've experienced excessive hair loss and male pattern baldness from cycling running dbol at 40mg/wk, Test E 500mg/wk and Deca 500mg/wk. I've tried everything from ketoshampoos, finasteride, nizoral, spironolactone, minoxidil. I first started using minoxidil 5% and did notice a little thickening however it gave me headaches and was too time consuming to apply twice a day... So I moved to finasteride which I have used for 17 months and am now starting to use again. I stopped using finasteride temporarily to try Setipriprant which a friend of mine had told me about. PLEASE IF YOU ARE READING THIS DO NOT USE THIS ABOMINATION. After 6 months of use I did initially notice denser hair follicles but the more I used it, the more pronounced the side effects were... I experienced numerous side effects my skin looked dull, dry and lifeless, my sex drive diminished no matter how many aphrodesiacs I used.. which created conflicts with my girlfriend.. oh and to top it all off, just last month I diagnosed liver issues which me and the 3 well-reputed doctors I went to see all find odd, considering that I don't have a high risk and do not drink alcohol. I am seriously warning anyone who reads this, if you are thinking of using Setipriprant, absolutely do not. ONLY USE THIS DRUG IF YOU WANT TO LOOK LIKE sh*t AND HAVE LIVER DISEASE. Stick to finasteride.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, now all these comments have me perplexed. By all accounts, seti should not have sexual side effects, as it apparently does not interact with the hormone profile the way that Finasteride does. finasteride destroyed me. Two weeks in with Seti. Definitely noticed the small sleep disturbance. Wake up a couple hours after I’ve gone to sleep for about 10 minutes, then right back to sleep. But sexual issues?! Liver issues?! Collagen loss? Just seems like these haven’t really been mentioned before.....

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DO NOT USE SETIPIPRANT. I've experienced excessive hair loss and male pattern baldness from cycling running dbol at 40mg/wk, Test E 500mg/wk and Deca 500mg/wk. I've tried everything from ketoshampoos, finasteride, nizoral, spironolactone, minoxidil. I first started using minoxidil 5% and did notice a little thickening however it gave me headaches and was too time consuming to apply twice a day... So I moved to finasteride which I have used for 17 months and am now starting to use again. I stopped using finasteride temporarily to try Setipriprant which a friend of mine had told me about. PLEASE IF YOU ARE READING THIS DO NOT USE THIS ABOMINATION. After 6 months of use I did initially notice denser hair follicles but the more I used it, the more pronounced the side effects were... I experienced numerous side effects my skin looked dull, dry and lifeless, my sex drive diminished no matter how many aphrodesiacs I used.. which created conflicts with my girlfriend.. oh and to top it all off, just last month I diagnosed liver issues which me and the 3 well-reputed doctors I went to see all find odd, considering that I don't have a high risk and do not drink alcohol. I am seriously warning anyone who reads this, if you are thinking of using Setipriprant, absolutely do not. ONLY USE THIS DRUG IF YOU WANT TO LOOK LIKE sh*t AND HAVE LIVER DISEASE. Stick to finasteride.
Thanks for sharing your story. Hope you will get better soon.

Could you please tell where did you buy Seti?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s the problem though. Here in the States, there is no good option to get it tested. It costs half the price of the Seti to send it to SNLabs or whatever it is. Bought mine from Zhe Chem. So did @westonci, but so did this guy who is claiming all these issues.

allthegains

My Regimen
Reaction score
similar experience here

transitioned from RU and minoxidil to SETI some months ago after being shilled into a group buy thru zhechem via another private forum. Burned a hole in my wallet and I have nothing to show for it. No reduction in shedding after 70 days at 1g dosed every 12 hours. I also began to notice brain fog and slight cognitive decline which I would attribute to heavy metal contamination. Still waiting on my blood test results. Purchasing powders from chinese labs who have no concern for customer safety. What the f*** was I thinking