Setipiprant - Frequently Asked Questions

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE TO TAKE FINASTERIDE! WHY THEY DO NOT APPROVE AN ALTERNATIVE? IT IS SHAMEFUL.

shookwun

Reaction score
any proof this actually works?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You never know until you take seti. That’s the risk. And don’t care about what @buckthorn says, I never saw him supporting any kinds of treatment ever. He probably will hate Any kind of new treatment.

I tried seti 500mg/day for seven months. Didn't do a thing to relieve my inflammation. Oh, but it must be one or two grams per day!!! I don't support these treatments because they are pure bullshit. Where is YOUR evidence? oh, you don't have any? Well, Seti has been around for a long time and MANY people have attempted it, so where is YOUR EVIDENCE? Oh, you still don't have any.

Despite how badly finasteride fucked me over, I still RECOMMEND it to many people on here. If you ACTUALLY read my posts, you would see that.

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
500mg oral a day is nothing, it would barely even slow it down. 1g/day is the absolute minimum if your hairloss is not aggressive and your goal is only maintenance and not regrowth.

If your hairloss is aggressive than you need 1.5g/day for just maintenance.

Restoration happens around 2g/day which is Allergans clinical trial dose.

Paul Ford

My Regimen
Reaction score
Although I do plan on trying seti, it is interesting that there is only 1 person (westonci) that has proven results.
I just spent the past 1 hour trying to google more success stories.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
500mg oral a day is nothing, it would barely even slow it down. 1g/day is the absolute minimum if your hairloss is not aggressive and your goal is only maintenance and not regrowth.

If your hairloss is aggressive than you need 1.5g/day for just maintenance.

Restoration happens around 2g/day which is Allergans clinical trial dose.

lol

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Although I do plan on trying seti, it is interesting that there is only 1 person (westonci) that has proven results.

I respect Westonci for his thorough account... but once again, his trial with Seti is not legitimate. He was starting and dropping various treatments. I know better than anyone that even DROPPING something can result in an increase in hair.

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact that its working really well at 2g/day.

I guess we will have to wait untill June to see Seti Phase II results to be more official.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know for a fact that its working really well at 2g/day.

I guess we will have to wait untill June to see Seti Phase II results to be more official.

props to you man. I apologize for being so negative. Lets wait and see. I hope the results are promising. :)

Reactions: Oro

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most are on private forums. And it takes like a year to regrow decent amount.

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Most are on private forums. And it takes like a year to regrow decent amount.

Thats what ticks me off the most, theirs guys like Shaz95 on the private forum who said himself that he basically got cured by 2g/day seti since he only recently started losing hair and he just keeps that info to himself.

You guys who are getting good results from high dose oral seti need to be more active and vocal.

Last edited:

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried seti 500mg/day for seven months. Didn't do a thing to relieve my inflammation. Oh, but it must be one or two grams per day!!! I don't support these treatments because they are pure bullshit. Where is YOUR evidence? oh, you don't have any? Well, Seti has been around for a long time and MANY people have attempted it, so where is YOUR EVIDENCE? Oh, you still don't have any.

Despite how badly finasteride fucked me over, I still RECOMMEND it to many people on here. If you ACTUALLY read my posts, you would see that.
What do you mean by

Even if I post my progress, people won’t believe me. My density had definitely decreased by crazy, I used to had too many hairs that my barber overcharged me. I don’t have M shape baldness yet, just decreased of hair density and inflammation on scalp. I went to see 3 hair transplant doctors and they told me there’s going to be zero difference even if I do the surgery. However I know man with mpd will firstyle notice decreasing of density or hair loss. So I know, I have mpd. Also, my hair is long that nobody can really see my scalp.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When it will be out, how much do you believe it will cost??

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since this thread is more focused on setipiprant, I'll move my bi weekly update here.
So, this is week 4. No noticeable improvement in the crown which is the area I need improvement in the most... But the tiny vellus hairs on my temples are undoubtedly growing a bit longer and gaining some pigment. It actually looks quite awkward, like a little tuft of thin hairs on each side. While this is encouraging, I'm still hoping these go terminal and don't stop growing at this point.

Junior2491

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since this thread is more focused on setipiprant, I'll move my bi weekly update here.
So, this is week 4. No noticeable improvement in the crown which is the area I need improvement in the most... But the tiny vellus hairs on my temples are undoubtedly growing a bit longer and gaining some pigment. It actually looks quite awkward, like a little tuft of thin hairs on each side. While this is encouraging, I'm still hoping these go terminal and don't stop growing at this point.
Has it stopped hairloss in its tracks the last 4 weeks?

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 weeks and already something?? That's already good sing if you ask me.
But let's be clear here. We are not expecting to have teen hair back from this meds, don't we?? At least i don't.