Scalp Threading With Polydioxanone Monofilament Threads: A Novel, Effective And Safe Modality.

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing the point.... but we're not trying to improve wound healing, we're trying to prolong it
The point to prolong it is to make it permanant?! So if you make it heal better it will result in better long therm sustained result

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. What about the donor area that has no follicles?

This treatment works to stimulate wound repairing growth factors that activate hair follicles to start growing again. If there is an absence of hair follicles at the treated area, there will be no hair to regrow. So no, it wouldn’t work

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im 2 for 2!! the second consultation went great and they said yes as well. I'll fill you guys in with more details later, if you have any questions ask away
Sweet! When are you looking to get this done?

thisis

Reaction score
Im 2 for 2!! the second consultation went great and they said yes as well. I'll fill you guys in with more details later, if you have any questions ask away

Cool! I would like to hear more about how the whole consultation went on, what you discussed and price. I've talked to a surgeon, who liked the method, but wouldn't do it. Another plastic surgery clinic who backed off "didn't have the necessary tools" lol.

For starters there is the depth issue, the scalp skin is different from face skin. The veins in the scalp are held tight, so a cut results in a lot of bleeding.

I've read that the threads carry low risk of contamination, but I still think sterility is a top priority. How do we guarantee these are sterile?

I understand why cosmetic clinics I've talked to(ie not doctors), who perform it on face don't want to touch the scalp. Infection in the scalp can cross to the brain(through emissary veins), and so if you f*** this up, you risk getting a brain infection, with risk of destroying your quality of life. DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME.

Itsmrdave

Reaction score
Cool! I would like to hear more about how the whole consultation went on, what you discussed and price. I've talked to a surgeon, who liked the method, but wouldn't do it. Another plastic surgery clinic who backed off "didn't have the necessary tools" lol.

For starters there is the depth issue, the scalp skin is different from face skin. The veins in the scalp are held tight, so a cut results in a lot of bleeding.

I've read that the threads carry low risk of contamination, but I still think sterility is a top priority. How do we guarantee these are sterile?

I understand why cosmetic clinics I've talked to(ie not doctors), who perform it on face don't want to touch the scalp. Infection in the scalp can cross to the brain(through emissary veins), and so if you f*** this up, you risk getting a brain infection, with risk of destroying your quality of life. DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME.
Well this just killed my buzz.

thisis

Reaction score
@Itsmrdave

rather that, then your brain amirite.jpg

A professional knows this, and takes necessary precautions to go around this issue. If random people start leaving threads in their scalp, different story

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score

You're the fuckin man! Looking forward to hearing how this goes. Do we think these threads are gonna look discrete or somewhat obvious?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok let me try to answer everyone.
So the first consultation was in a small clinic in a strip mall and was long. It took 2 hours and she kept telling me that this was garbage. Very blunt and borderline rude. I told her i understood its a long shot but she just kept shaking her head like she couldnt believe i was even asking. Then she tries to sell me vitamins and a scalp wash, which we all know is junk.
Anyway after about 45 min of talking she agreed to give it a try. She said she anticipated it taking 40+ threads for the entire head. We agreed on a test area about baseball size using around 15 threads. The quoted nearly 900-1000 dollars. Not horrible but not great.
I went in knowing my sh*t, talking to them about this procedure like i really understood and i they kept commenting how knowledgeable i was about threads and hairloss, lol. I give all thanks to this forum ;)

Second consult was shorter, about 45 min. This was a much larger clinic in a medial building. Right off the bat they tried to sell me laser treatments, propecia and minoxidil and i had to talk to 4 different sales ppl.
I finally got the main doctor to come in and he looked over the papers i printed of the threading trial. He handed me off again to the guy who would actually do the procedure. We talked for awhile and he said about 15-20 threads for the baseball size test area too. Then they just threw a number out for cost, 450 dollars! Not only was thw price great ,but i really like the doctor and the technician. They are both guys and were like "f*** it, lets try". Very laid back and they seemed curious about if it will work.

So i think ill go the second place since its half the price of the other. Ill do it sometime within the next two weeks for sure. Ill have christmas time coming so maybe ill do it then

Im not sure about doing this at home. It will be nice to see how professionals do it before i even ever attempt to do this on my own.
The threads will be very discrete and will only leave a pin prick which should be gone within a day. Scalp may be tender but thats all. You can go back to normal activities the followoling day
If anyone else decides to try this just be aware that it really helps if you know all the ins and outs of threading and hair loss that way they can't Blind Side you with a bunch of junk they might sell.
Y6

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok let me try to answer everyone.
So the first consultation was in a small clinic in a strip mall and was long. It took 2 hours and she kept telling me that this was garbage. Very blunt and borderline rude. I told her i understood its a long shot but she just kept shaking her head like she couldnt believe i was even asking. Then she tries to sell me vitamins and a scalp wash, which we all know is junk.
Anyway after about 45 min of talking she agreed to give it a try. She said she anticipated it taking 40+ threads for the entire head. We agreed on a test area about baseball size using around 15 threads. The quoted nearly 900-1000 dollars. Not horrible but not great.
I went in knowing my sh*t, talking to them about this procedure like i really understood and i they kept commenting how knowledgeable i was about threads and hairloss, lol. I give all thanks to this forum ;)

Second consult was shorter, about 45 min. This was a much larger clinic in a medial building. Right off the bat they tried to sell me laser treatments, propecia and minoxidil and i had to talk to 4 different sales ppl.
I finally got the main doctor to come in and he looked over the papers i printed of the threading trial. He handed me off again to the guy who would actually do the procedure. We talked for awhile and he said about 15-20 threads for the baseball size test area too. Then they just threw a number out for cost, 450 dollars! Not only was thw price great ,but i really like the doctor and the technician. They are both guys and were like "f*** it, lets try". Very laid back and they seemed curious about if it will work.

So i think ill go the second place since its half the price of the other. Ill do it sometime within the next two weeks for sure. Ill have christmas time coming so maybe ill do it then

Im not sure about doing this at home. It will be nice to see how professionals do it before i even ever attempt to do this on my own.
The threads will be very discrete and will only leave a pin prick which should be gone within a day. Scalp may be tender but thats all. You can go back to normal activities the followoling day
If anyone else decides to try this just be aware that it really helps if you know all the ins and outs of threading and hair loss that way they can't Blind Side you with a bunch of junk they might sell.
Y6
If you have any doubt about the procedure get in touch with the study designers!