Scalp Threading With Polydioxanone Monofilament Threads: A Novel, Effective And Safe Modality.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
o_O ?

It could work I think, but I don't know about the sustainability of such treatment and also there is a risk of granuloma. But damn if it works!!

That's what I would wonder about scarring, etc.

As for my balloon, I'm in the process of a forehead reduction, for a congenitally large forehead (not from balding), which I explained here if you never heard of it.

Was supposed to be getting the final surgery in a few days but I delayed it to give my daro time to regrow hair. I will be aiming for March final procedure now I think. That should give it enough time to get most of the effect I will get.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They had a chart on one website that shows all the places on a body that would benefit from threading, you know to give antiaging effects. Face neck legs anywhere the skin might sag and look old. Of course the scalp was not hightlighted at all. I really really hope that doesnt mean they wont even try it out.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have just sent an enquiry to a beauty surgery in London which does face-related PDO and also PRP hair treatments! If anyone wants to drop them an email to signal that there is further interest, here is the website:
http://www.londonbeautyspot.co.uk

I flew from London to NYC the other day for $100, so might be interesting for Americans as well ;-)
Can you please post exactly what you asked so i could have a reference to go from?

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the threads disslove on their own over time, but they are designed to remain inside the body.
It makes perfect sense. The body is trying to rebuild itself around these disturbed areas. Its like needling, but its happening all day everyday, and wont cause scar tissue to form. It also reminds me of like a skin peel or retin A type treatment, all which cause damage and forces new skin and collegen to form.

Yea but how would this work on already existing scar tissue if fibrosis has occurred on the scalp? Does this regenerate somehow?

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe there 's some kind of chemical that inhibits wound healing and prolongs the process, that way we could recreate the same idea but at home with microneedling instead

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you please post exactly what you asked so i could have a reference to go from?

I've used their form on the website, so I don't have the exact text, but it was along the lines "I've found this study that utilised PDO on the scalp, would you consider this as this might be a huge opportunity given the amount of male pattern baldness sufferes and your expertise in PDO treatment...."

I also sent them the link of the study and this thread. I'm quite skeptical, but it feels relieving to just try things...

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used their form on the website, so I don't have the exact text, but it was along the lines "I've found this study that utilised PDO on the scalp, would you consider this as this might be a huge opportunity given the amount of male pattern baldness sufferes and your expertise in PDO treatment...."

I also sent them the link of the study and this thread. I'm quite skeptical, but it feels relieving to just try things...
Lie to them and say there's a forum with hundreds of thousands of people desperate for the first clinic that does this. Make sure this information gets to the owner of the clinic/company because a regular worker probably wouldn't give a sh*t.

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe there 's some kind of chemical that inhibits wound healing and prolongs the process, that way we could recreate the same idea but at home with microneedling instead
I thought about this as well. I remember reading something about purposefully extending length of the response to wounding in the Follica patent. I did a little research to look for a topical that would extend the inflammatory response.
Emu oil study:
Effects of Topical Emu Oil on Burn Wounds in the Skin of Balb/c Mice
Abstract
The goal of this study was to determine the effect of topical Emu oil on the healing of burn wounds and hair follicle restoration in superficial II-degree burns in the skin of Balb/c mice. Thirty-two male Balb/c mice with burns on the back of the neck were divided into two groups: The Emu oil group received topical Emu oil twice daily, whereas the control was left untreated. Skin biopsies were obtained on days 4, 7, 10, and 14 of the experiment. Then the specimens were viewed with Olympus SZX research microscope. The Emu oil treated burns were found to heal more slowly and inflammation lasted longer in this group. The number of hair follicles in the margins of the wounds increased through time in the Emu oil group compared to the control group. Also, the hair follicles in the Emu oil group were in several layers and seemed to be more active and mature. Moreover, Emu oil had a positive effect on fibrogenesis and synthesis of collagen. The findings indicate that although Emu oil delays the healing process, it has a positive effect on wound healing and it increases the number of hair follicles in the margins of the wound.

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought about this as well. I remember reading something about purposefully extending length of the response to wounding in the Follica patent. I did a little research to look for a topical that would extend the inflammatory response.
Emu oil study:
Abstract
The goal of this study was to determine the effect of topical Emu oil on the healing of burn wounds and hair follicle restoration in superficial II-degree burns in the skin of Balb/c mice. Thirty-two male Balb/c mice with burns on the back of the neck were divided into two groups: The Emu oil group received topical Emu oil twice daily, whereas the control was left untreated. Skin biopsies were obtained on days 4, 7, 10, and 14 of the experiment. Then the specimens were viewed with Olympus SZX research microscope. The Emu oil treated burns were found to heal more slowly and inflammation lasted longer in this group. The number of hair follicles in the margins of the wounds increased through time in the Emu oil group compared to the control group. Also, the hair follicles in the Emu oil group were in several layers and seemed to be more active and mature. Moreover, Emu oil had a positive effect on fibrogenesis and synthesis of collagen. The findings indicate that although Emu oil delays the healing process, it has a positive effect on wound healing and it increases the number of hair follicles in the margins of the wound.

Emu oil was well known to have hair inducing effects as well. Albeit, not major.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Emu oil study:
Abstract

Good find

I wonder if other kinds of animal oils do this because my own experiments involved fats with wounding... and they worked.

Need to find the best route forward

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
Good find

I wonder if other kinds of animal oils do this because my own experiments involved fats with wounding... and they worked.

Need to find the best route forward
It might be hard to find any data regarding other animal oils. The seems to be plenty of studies about the therapeutic it's of emu oil. I think that the key piece would be the required size of the wound. The follicles were generated on the periphery of the wound. Any granulomatous tissue created would be void of anything except scar . Does anyone remember the size of the wound specified by the Follica patent?

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It might be hard to find any data regarding other animal oils. The seems to be plenty of studies about the therapeutic it's of emu oil. I think that the key piece would be the required size of the wound. The follicles were generated on the periphery of the wound. Any granulomatous tissue created would be void of anything except scar . Does anyone remember the size of the wound specified by the Follica patent?

I wonder if it's the deepness of the wound or the size of the surface area that matters most

I can't imagine Follica ripping big wounds into people so maybe they already solved this problem somehow