Saw Palmetto, A Weak Finasteride, Studies And My Experience.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking of using Saw Palmetto as a transition 'tool' for Finasteride, so I can get used to a milder DHT blocker before I jump on Finasteride.

Just use finasteride. SawP is a waste of time.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score

I got watery sperm on SP by itself, I do believe it works. I'm on SP and pumpkin seed oil in addition to topical and oral fina, I think it is helping though it's not decisive.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got watery sperm on SP by itself, I do believe it works. I'm on SP and pumpkin seed oil in addition to topical and oral fina, I think it is helping though it's not decisive.

There are relevant forms of DHT and non-relevant. dutasteride kills even the third one, which is not relevant, but ppl still use it because it is way stronger on the other two than finasteride. I read comments of SP inhibiting the irrelevant and increasing testo and hence people getting acne from it.

I didnt bother doing indepth readings, because if it would work more ppl would use it successfully. But from what I saw so far it is just marketing whoring of the supplement industry riding dht.

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I get your point, it is a bit harder to get Finasteride, first I need to get prescription from a doctor, last time I went to a dermatologist, I was said I'm too young for Finasteride (I'm 23). Also the current job schedule keeps me busy all day so I don't have time to go to another doctor.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I get your point, it is a bit harder to get Finasteride, first I need to get prescription from a doctor, last time I went to a dermatologist, I was said I'm too young for Finasteride (I'm 23). Also the current job schedule keeps me busy all day so I don't have time to go to another doctor.

finasteride is not hard to get. You can also find minoxidil+finasteride on ebay uk (morr f is what the product is called).

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any experience with increased shedding when starting SP?

Taking 2 Gaia 188 mg capsules berry minimum 85% each morning.

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride is not hard to get. You can also find minoxidil+finasteride on ebay uk (morr f is what the product is called).
Do they ship to other countries? I don't live in UK.

Any experience with increased shedding when starting SP?

Taking 2 Gaia 188 mg capsules berry minimum 85% each morning.
Is this alright to buy?
Extract_palmier_pitic.jpg

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That should be solid. I know single herb is something to check for in the label, regulation in the US isn’t great.
I don't live in US, I was asking because I see there are different versions of Saw Palmetto, some are 180mg, some are 400mg etc and I was wondering whether the impact is significant or not.

Riddim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw Palmetto needs to be taken together with Beta Sitosterol if you want anything significant to happen.

200mg SP and 300mg BS, minimum, daily.

Reactions: Oro

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be interested to give SP a try. Apparatly healthy for the prostate as well.

Any recommendations of which product to use? Appartely it should be with fat, sterols as well sizosterol.

Many thanks for useful product recommendations

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be interested to give SP a try. Apparatly healthy for the prostate as well.

Any recommendations of which product to use? Appartely it should be with fat, sterols as well sizosterol.

Many thanks for useful product recommendations

I’ve been using it for over two years, just ensure it’s over 80% fat and sterols, read my original post for my regime.

If the product doesn’t mention fat and sterol content don’t buy it.

You can expect results that are about half as good as finasteride, and about half the risk of side effects.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been using it for over two years, just ensure it’s over 80% fat and sterols, read my original post for my regime.

If the product doesn’t mention fat and sterol content don’t buy it.

You can expect results that are about half as good as finasteride, and about half the risk of side effects.

really you actually saw results from saw palmetto !? ..

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
really you actually saw results from saw palmetto !? ..

If you read the first post on this thread you will see why I believe there's enough evidence to show that SP does something.

Can I guarantee that it has helped me? No. But I can say that after 3 years of using SP, minoxidil and nizoral my hair is still better than it was when I started, and based on my dad and cousins hairloss I should be beyond NW3 right now (I know this isn't perfect science). It's very slowly getting worse now, so I'm going to add dermarolling seeing all the great results here.

Just keep in mind that even finasteride isn't strong enough for some, and SP is without a doubt weaker than finasteride, at best half as good. And there's absolutely no reason to believe that there won't be similar, but less pronounced, side effects from Saw Palmetto. The fact that it's natural is meaningless. Although I haven't experienced any whatsoever.

Be sure to read my post if you're considering using it, fat content and sterols are vital, without which you're wasting your time, money and hair.

noveau22

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you read the first post on this thread you will see why I believe there's enough evidence to show that SP does something.

Can I guarantee that it has helped me? No. But I can say that after 3 years of using SP, minoxidil and nizoral my hair is still better than it was when I started, and based on my dad and cousins hairloss I should be beyond NW3 right now (I know this isn't perfect science). It's very slowly getting worse now, so I'm going to add dermarolling seeing all the great results here.

I just ordered SP. I'm really curious if minoxidil is just the only one working for you or the SP is. However, everyone is different b/c i took finasteride and yeaa..ball aches, left tit tender, brain fog, ED etc....even got telogen effivium which is losing 300-400 hairs for a month plus.

Didn't think I'd be the 1-2% with side effects but hey everyone's going to react differently. Hopefully the SP, saves my hair or at least stop the shedding.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just ordered SP. I'm really curious if minoxidil is just the only one working for you or the SP is. However, everyone is different b/c i took finasteride and yeaa..ball aches, left tit tender, brain fog, ED etc....even got telogen effivium which is losing 300-400 hairs for a month plus.

Didn't think I'd be the 1-2% with side effects but hey everyone's going to react differently. Hopefully the SP, saves my hair or at least stop the shedding.

Yeah it's disappointing that I can't ever know for sure if SP is actually helping me. I believe it is, but I can never know for sure.

That's the shitty thing with balding, you can't know how much you were going to bald until you actually reach that point.

I'm starting to think that my hair wasn't going to bald anything near like my Dad and cousins, who were NW7 by my age. I just don't think it's possible that minoxidil, SP and some supplements could possibly defend against that. It's quite likely, without treatment, I would have stopped at NW3 or at least slowed down majorly.

Either way my hair is still better than it was 3 years ago, so I'm going to continue everything as is until that changes.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it's disappointing that I can't ever know for sure if SP is actually helping me. I believe it is, but I can never know for sure.

That's the shitty thing with balding, you can't know how much you were going to bald until you actually reach that point.

I'm starting to think that my hair wasn't going to bald anything near like my Dad and cousins, who were NW7 by my age. I just don't think it's possible that minoxidil, SP and some supplements could possibly defend against that. It's quite likely, without treatment, I would have stopped at NW3 or at least slowed down majorly.

Either way my hair is still better than it was 3 years ago, so I'm going to continue everything as is until that changes.

does saw palmetto gives you low semen and watery jizz ? (im usinf 1 daily x 320 MG SAW PALMETTO / 500 mg pumpkin seed oil / 15 mg zinc) all in one pill