Samumed Sm04554 Results Normalized To Baseline

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, uh, but, what are SMI and KY? Where can I find more info? (The terms are too generic for me to search on the forum.) Thanks.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, uh, but, what are SMI and KY? Where can I find more info? (The terms are too generic for me to search on the forum.) Thanks.
Smi-6 ky19382. SMI is a prolactin receptor antagonist. KY is a Wnt agonist. KY is under development by a Korean company. SMI is a novel drug that we hope will work like HMI-115. It works on the same pathway but in a different way, and little is known about the drug's bioavailability so it's not certain that it will work

Last edited:

Anatman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand the critical attitude. Don't get me wrong, I am completely on your side and understand your frustration. It is no different for me when you consider how the last "miracle cures" ended soundlessly in oblivion and we are always 4 years away from the cure ... and have been for over 20 years! Nevertheless, there cannot be other reasons why the results for the 3rd trial are withheld? Overall, they seem to be preparing for a market launch, which could explain that. I dont know. I was also confused that they assumed they would publish other products from their pipeline first. I have no idea why this is the case. Perhaps they are hoping for more money or support?
To be honest, a product that has similar effects as minoxidil or finasteride, without the side effects (was affected by both) would be sufficient for me.
Nevertheless: Can't we first make a judgment after the results? Or does someone have more information than me? : D

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand the critical attitude. Don't get me wrong, I am completely on your side and understand your frustration. It is no different for me when you consider how the last "miracle cures" ended soundlessly in oblivion and we are always 4 years away from the cure ... and have been for over 20 years! Nevertheless, there cannot be other reasons why the results for the 3rd trial are withheld? Overall, they seem to be preparing for a market launch, which could explain that. I dont know. I was also confused that they assumed they would publish other products from their pipeline first. I have no idea why this is the case. Perhaps they are hoping for more money or support?
To be honest, a product that has similar effects as minoxidil or finasteride, without the side effects (was affected by both) would be sufficient for me.
Nevertheless: Can't we first make a judgment after the results? Or does someone have more information than me? : D
It's just pretty obvious when a company with 0 products on the market completes a pivotal phase 3 trial and then changes their entire company name & direction without mentioning the trial or results. If the trial results were overwhelmingly positive they would have used the results to make the announcement and generate hype as they push for an IPO. Instead it wasn't even mentioned in the initial press release and was basically a foot note in the second presser.

Only positive thing I saw was that they actually changed the name of the drug on their official site. Seems unnecessary if it's going to be scrapped.

JealDeal

My Regimen
Reaction score
The result of the phase 2 heading towards a maintenance or light improvements is actually not something to generate millions of funding. Their results are probably not stellar but who expected that here ?
This is still definetly something we could use to slow our hair loss.
I also think that if the results were terrible they would probably remove it from their website just like the other products.
We should have the results soon anyway

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cann you guys start a new thread maybe with actual pictures, before/after?

Words can only do so much.
No we don't intend to publicize it right now. However, we would be happy to share our results with the lab that has ordered the drug if they want to reach out to us.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see this as a stand alone treatment, when combined with other meds the result will likely be better than the phase 3 results. I'm not looking for a miracle cure, just a minoxidil alternative, that hopefully won't make me feel 10 years older.

Anatman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see this as a stand alone treatment, when combined with other meds the result will likely be better than the phase 3 results. I'm not looking for a miracle cure, just a minoxidil alternative, that hopefully won't make me feel 10 years older.
this is what i wish for. just an alternative to minoxidil and finasteride, which hold the hair that I still have and maybe make it even thicker. that would be enough for me.
however, phase 2 looked promising and still beat minoxidil and finasteride, at least on paper. So is it not enough on its own together with microneedling? we will only know after the results of phase 3.
it is still painful to see that it always seems to fail in phase 3. The previous speakers are right. there are clear inconsistencies that should make us all skeptical.

@Piegon
I totally agree with you, but the question still remains how expensive it will be and whether the results will allow a release.
after all, minoxidil and finasteride are not expensive (10 euros for 1 month of minoxidil in Eu and 30 for finasteride per month) and the market is unpredictable.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, BioSplice just posted very positive results for their phase 2b Lorecivivint trial that ended 9 days prior to the Androgenetic Alopecia trial as well as their phase 1 solid tumor trial that ended before both of them.

The argument that they would have published positive results already seems to be false judging by this release. Perhaps they could still have a surprise for SM04554? They did rename the compound to an actual drug name on their website.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, BioSplice just posted very positive results for their phase 2b Lorecivivint trial that ended 9 days prior to the Androgenetic Alopecia trial as well as their phase 1 solid tumor trial that ended before both of them.

The argument that they would have published positive results already seems to be false judging by this release. Perhaps they could still have a surprise for SM04554? They did rename the compound to an actual drug name on their website.
Bruh, you tryna give us hope again? :')

Anatman

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks. Now i have Hope again. :/

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The renaming of the drug happened two some time before the renaming of the company. (according to a comment on hlc2020)

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bruh, you tryna give us hope again? :')
I just think that it is worth noting that they proceeded to change their name and actually had positive news to report despite a re-brand and CEO change. Most people here (myself included) completely wrote them off as soon as this happened.

The Androgenetic Alopecia drug was still a footnote in their presser, so I'm assuming it will still have weak results but you really never know.

Jimmerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it's dead, maybe it's not. The only thing we know for sure is no company cares about hype on forums. Maybe they release results when they plan to go for more vc funding