Samumed Sm04554 Results Normalized To Baseline

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on their unimpressive results there are Wnt agonists already on the market that will meet or exceed SM's potential. Instead of waiting for SM just use VPA, it's probably more potent.

If you aren't a responder to minoxidil you can take oral minoxidil, which has a 100% response rate, or get minoxidil sulfate powder and mix it yourself, also 100% response rate. Microneedling and tretinoin also turn minoxidil non-responders into responders. Or you can go the PGF2a route, latanoprost and bimatoprost are already on the market and equivalent to minoxidil. SM will not perform as well as minoxidil so it's pretty much useless. If you get side effects from minoxidil or pgf2a analogues then just use VPA instead of waiting for SM. There's no drug more advanced than minoxidil coming in the next 5 years, but you can get KY19382 on the grey market which might exceed minoxidil.

Oh wow, I had no idea Valproic acid worked as well as it does for a readily available wnt agonist. Although I don't know anyone who actively uses it? Is there any reason to why it's not more widely used?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow, I had no idea Valproic acid worked as well as it does for a readily available wnt agonist. Although I don't know anyone who actively uses it? Is there any reason to why it's not more widely used?
It can go systemic, However People all use Ru, that there is not even studies don in human and can go systemic, so.... I guess not influencer use it yet :) and that is the only valid reason.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because minoxidil is better

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on their unimpressive results there are Wnt agonists already on the market that will meet or exceed SM's potential. Instead of waiting for SM just use VPA, it's probably more potent.

If you aren't a responder to minoxidil you can take oral minoxidil, which has a 100% response rate, or get minoxidil sulfate powder and mix it yourself, also 100% response rate. Microneedling and tretinoin also turn minoxidil non-responders into responders. Or you can go the PGF2a route, latanoprost and bimatoprost are already on the market and equivalent to minoxidil. SM will not perform as well as minoxidil so it's pretty much useless. If you get side effects from minoxidil or pgf2a analogues then just use VPA instead of waiting for SM. There's no drug more advanced than minoxidil coming in the next 5 years, but you can get KY19382 on the grey market which might exceed minoxidil.
Isn't minoxidil sulfate powder pretty unstable? I thought there were issues around mixing that yourself.

Also, VPA is interesting, but is the topical on the market? I thought it was just an oral medication.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't minoxidil sulfate powder pretty unstable? I thought there were issues around mixing that yourself.

Also, VPA is interesting, but is the topical on the market? I thought it was just an oral medication.
It is unstable, but you can make weekly batches in a non-aqueous solution.

VPA raw powder is very cheap, you can make the topical yourself. People have been using it for at least ten years on the forums.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is unstable, but you can make weekly batches in a non-aqueous solution.

VPA raw powder is very cheap, you can make the topical yourself. People have been using it for at least ten years on the forums.
Is there a user thread anywhere you could link me to?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
No great responders come to mind. The kind of hair growth you can get from stuff like this is not picture worthy. Only the top responders to minoxidil and finasteride/dutasteride get cosmetic results. Excluding HRT. Maybe KY19382 will join that group.
I'm more looking for maintenance level results without using RU, not some growth explosion.

jd_uk

Reaction score
No great responders come to mind. The kind of hair growth you can get from stuff like this is not picture worthy. Only the top responders to minoxidil and finasteride/dutasteride get cosmetic results. Excluding HRT. Maybe KY19382 will join that group.
Do you think there's anything other then min/finasteride/dutasteride (and obviously HRT) that can provide cosmetic results? E.g. breezula when it comes out? I heard there's a group buy for ordering fluridil at 7.5% concentration too..could that have potential?

Btw seeing something about risk of cancer from sm on the second page of this thread..that sounds concerning. Like hair is important but...

jd_uk

Reaction score
I'm more looking for maintenance level results without using RU, not some growth explosion.
Difficult thing abour maintenance results is who is to say what would have happened without the medications... some people just develop receding hairlines and then not much after that..or thin and then stop thinning. About 10 years ago I was told on this site that if i didn't use finasteride I'd be NW6 by now. Well my hair is definitely not in as good shape as it was but I'm nowhere near NW6 (even though that is probably my thinning pattern). I'm around NW3V in reality and back then I was more like NW2 with only slight thinning at the crown.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think there's anything other then min/finasteride/dutasteride (and obviously HRT) that can provide cosmetic results? E.g. breezula when it comes out? I heard there's a group buy for ordering fluridil at 7.5% concentration too..could that have potential?

Btw seeing something about risk of cancer from sm on the second page of this thread..that sounds concerning. Like hair is important but...

Breezula and RU, but the results probably don't even last as long as minoxidil which is not long.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Breezula and RU, but the results probably don't even last as long as minoxidil which is not long.
Wouldn't the results last longer than minoxidil though if their mode of action is stopping DHT at the follicle? Not convinced on fluridil? I was excited about the idea of getting it at higher concentration but sounds like it needs to be stored in the freezer which for me is pretty impractical especially considering travel.

What's your hair situation and routine BTW?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't the results last longer than minoxidil though if their mode of action is stopping DHT at the follicle? Not convinced on fluridil? I was excited about the idea of getting it at higher concentration but sounds like it needs to be stored in the freezer which for me is pretty impractical especially considering travel.

What's your hair situation and routine BTW?
They should be, but it doesn't look like it for reasons I don't care to speculate about.

Not enough to join the group buy for it.
My routine is complicated lol

jd_uk

Reaction score
They should be, but it doesn't look like it for reasons I don't care to speculate about.

Not enough to join the group buy for it.
My routine is complicated lol
Would be interested to hear it sometime. Both your routine but also about why you think things like CB or even RU won't work very long.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be interested to hear it sometime. Both your routine but also about why you think things like CB or even RU won't work very long.
Here are the CB 1 year results, see for yourself the drop after 6 months.
1615044359774.png

jd_uk

Reaction score
Here are the CB 1 year results, see for yourself the drop after 6 months.
View attachment 158608
Hm. I was aware of that but wasn't sure if it were the dose or vehicle they plan to make available. Hopefully the phase 3 might show better results (although perhaps that's not what they're testing for at phase 3). Shame we can't see data over 2 years.

Any idea what OD means btw? I know BID is twice a day.

MrJolly26

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then I want him to be richer! Just need that this new brotion works, so fingers crossed while we wait for news.