Samumed Sm04554 Results Normalized To Baseline

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wrong, he was (very) rich before Samumed

In the late 1990s, when he was finishing his doctorate, he invented a cancer diagnosis system, which he turned into a company called Genoptix. The company went public a few years later, and was purchased by Novartis in 2011 for $476 million.

After completing his education, Kibar moved to New York City, where he worked for the hedge fund sponsor Pequot Capital.

Ok, that is a lot of money. I won't look into how much of that went in his pocket, but surely enough to make him rich. It's still a drop in the bucket compared to his Samumed valuation, and being rich never stopped people from trying to become more rich by any means possible. There's no way that SM modulates the Wnt pathway in as potent a fashion as Surrozen's drugs, yet Surrozen isn't a billion dollar company, at least not yet. You also don't see Surrozen running around hyping up their drugs to everyone who will listen, calling them cures. They have more basis for doing that than Samumed, yet they aren't. Kibar is the snake oil salesman getting all the attention and money hawking cures for all your ailments in town square while Surrozen is working away quietly and studiously on advancing medicine. When they release their revolutionary treatments the treatments will speak for themselves. They won't need the flash and hyperbole that Kibar is famous for.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand your hate boner for Samumed and Kibar. There is nothing that proves he is a "snake oil salesman".

You may dislike his way of promoting but I rather have that than Tsuji begging for money online or other smaller companies that can hardly fund their research even if they have "better" treatments.
It's simple. I've seen nothing to show me that his compound upregulates Wnt signaling to a greater degree than any other Wnt antagonist that forum members have been using for over ten years. Just put some lithium chloride on your head and stop waiting for this showman to release his overpriced junk

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's simple. I've seen nothing to show me that his compound upregulates Wnt signaling to a greater degree than any other Wnt antagonist that forum members have been using for over ten years. Just put some lithium chloride on your head and stop waiting for this showman to release his overpriced junk
Well, it means a lot to survive the clinical trial gamut. Upregulating WNT on paper doesn't always translate to hair growing on one's head, as there are too many points of failure in the journey from point A: being proven to upregulate WNT from a biochemistry standpoint --> point B: growing hair on head. These points of failure might be insufficient vehicle, compound instability, not being powerful enough, etc. For example, the biochemistry behind WAY sounds great on paper. But myself and others have tried 100% real and tested WAY in varying concentrations to no avail at all. Why didn't it work? Who knows. Therefore, a compound surviving scrutiny to make it to point B is pretty good. We do have VPA and MV, but those have only a couple studies, and not rigorous Phase I - III trials with efficacy and safety endpoints for Androgenetic Alopecia.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Once again, literally going to have data at any point now based on a proper phase 3 study.

Your anecdotal evidence from forum users is pretty much thrown out the window at that point. Just wait and see what the data says instead of needlessly bashing a company trying to get a product to market because it doesn't suit your own needs. Perhaps it can help a lot of other people if it's shown to have a clinical effect, but either way it's the closest thing to a new treatment that most people fighting this has seen.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You forget that SM has no phase 3 results too, and has also been tested by forum members with no results. Its phase 2 results are weaker than menu drugs that never made it to market. Bimatoprost was superior to SM in clinical trials yet it was dropped because it couldn't beat minoxidil. I don't know why people expect noticeable results from anything when even minoxidil doesn't usually give noticeable results. The bottom line is SM will not outperform minoxidil and won't be released in America. People are going to be very disappointed just like they were with brotzu.
The Bimatoprost study yielded 1.7% more increase in terminal hair count with an extra 37 days of treatment vs SM. I'd hardly say it was superior based on those numbers, infact to say so is grossly inaccurate with a 33% longer treatment window.

The reason those drugs don't make it doesn't have to be results related, it can be financial. SM might end up being inferior to minoxidil, but because the company needs revenue and the mechanism of action & safety profile is different, it might still end up on the market because they can market it effectively as a safer alternative solution.

Either way, as I've been responding for weeks, just wait for the data. Then you can come in here and tell us you told us so.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to dig deeper into the study. Samumed top line results are misleading because they are a skeevy company that manipulates their trials. Allergan conducted a fair and honest trial head to head with minoxidil. Why was Samumed afraid to go head to head with minoxidil testing it with the same process they used to test SM? Because none of us would be here talking about it if they had. It would be obvious to all of you that it's worthless

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to dig deeper into the study. Samumed top line results are misleading because they are a skeevy company that manipulates their trials. Allergan conducted a fair and honest trial head to head with minoxidil. Why was Samumed afraid to go head to head with minoxidil testing it with the same process they used to test SM? Because none of us would be here talking about it if they had. It would be obvious to all of you that it's worthless
Why would they compare it to minoxidil when they are clearly going down a "new mechanism" path of marketing? Even if it beat minoxodil in the trial they'd have pigeon holed themselves into the exact category you're pretending they're already in, another worthless money pit that hardly works. Except then it would be obvious to regular people as well and not a jr. hair scientist on a forum.

It'd be a lose - lose situation.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure who I like that's afraid? Nobody I like has done a phase 2 yet except Allergan, and they weren't afraid. I'm sure CK will go head to head against minoxidil with KY19382. This thread is so boring and predictable. I don't know why I keep letting you fan boys drag me back into it. Keep worshiping the next Turkish foreskin lotion lol

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure who I like that's afraid? Nobody I like has done a phase 2 yet except Allergan, and they weren't afraid. I'm sure CK will go head to head against minoxidil with KY19382. This thread is so boring and predictable. I don't know why I keep letting you fan boys drag me back into it. Keep worshiping the next Turkish foreskin lotion lol
I'm not a fan boy in any way shape or form. I'm literally just saying to wait for real data before making your concrete judgement.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
This.

Pegasus has an extreme hate boner for Samumed. Some turks probably beat him up when he was a kid or something...
Seriously. His expectations for what constitutes exciting are also insane with the current pipeline, when the vast majority of us would be absolutely thrilled if this offered a 20-30% increase in terminal density over the course of a year. To him that's Turkish foreskin lotion though.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, you really had too much Duta and RU...

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no way Samumed will ever be FDA approved for hair loss treatment.
Based on what? I find hard very hard to believe that this company just threw tens of millions into the gutter if it was obvious from phase 2 data that this product would never get into the US market. Actually, nevermind the money, they're risking their entire company's image, valuation and reputation on this and one more drug using the same pathway. A large failure would be a massive blow to their company.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on what? I find hard very hard to believe that this company just threw tens of millions into the gutter if it was obvious from phase 2 data that this product would never get into the US market. Actually, nevermind the money, they're risking their entire company's image, valuation and reputation on this and one more drug using the same pathway. A large failure would be a massive blow to their company.
He might be right , the FDA require some sort of effectivness in order to approve med.

so 8% regrowth might be not enough

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
He might be right , the FDA require some sort of effectivness in order to approve med.

Their phase 2 results had 12% growth in terminal in 90 days for the complete population, and 20%+ in the "optimal population" of NW4 or less and under 45 years old. Do you have any insight into what's coming in phase 3 data that would suggest this could drastically change?

Last edited:

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The study has been done on the optimal population (NW4 and <45) and even on NW3. Results will be higher than for the phase 2.

Some guys like John Difool or Pegasus have high standards towards effectiveness. It's normal completely legitim when you are high Norwood, but for guys like me, 20% (and even more considering my age + Norwood) improvement in terminal hair is good.

This debate is useless and boring + it pollutes my notifications. Wake me up when results of the phase f*****g 3 are out. Time will tell us if it worth or not.

Last edited:

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then jump on RU and minoxidil and move on with your life. You don't even need to be posting in this forum if you are happy with your loss and the current OTC treatment can keep you happy.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then jump on RU and minoxidil and move on with your life. You don't even need to be posting in this forum if you are happy with your loss and the current OTC treatment can keep you happy.
But how is RU a OTC treatment? Most people who are not on these forums would look at you like you've gone insane if you told them you were rubbing chemicals with no human safety data on your head.

Also, tons of people (myself as well) get no benefit from minoxidil.