Samumed Sm04554 Results Normalized To Baseline

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True, actually we are doing the "carpets seller" as we say in my country hahaha

I hope it will be successful, if the phase III results are presented in march, it's the first hairlossdrug since finasteride to complete it right ?
Je suis Français aussi !
But let's return to english so others can understand what we say lol. Yeah, more precisely it's the very first hairloss drug to be completed, and maybe released if results are good enough.

Frenchboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Je suis Français aussi !
But let's return to english so others can understand what we say lol. Yeah, more precisely it's the very first hairloss drug to be completed, and maybe released if results are good enough.
Hahaha crazy, so many french ppl here... Who say that we suck in english ?
Let's plan group trip to turkey to all get our SM in 2022!

Anyway, the results will determine if either or not the drug will be launch on the market... I really hope so

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TBH, as a 29y/o NW1 diffuse thinner who can easily mask thinning with combover... im pretty hype for SM; hopefully it delivers... too many dissapointments in the past for me to get overly optimistic tho.... cant use 5AR or AA's so basically i need a side effect free minoxidil.... I do dermapen once a week, but without any chemicals it doesnt do much tbh... I wonder if adding Retin-A to SM would boost its efficacy like adding it to Mindoxidil does.... As I have come to conclude DHT also causes fat to burn and skin to thin in places where it is highly concentrated... after this kungflu calms down I think imma go and get fat grafting done into my scalp to thicken it up... as well as start Retin-A on its own to thicken the skin in the meantime....

Even after a transplant or new hair growth, you will still want to create a healthy environment for your hair to thrive in... lots of fat and thicken dermis / epidermis... that plus Dermastamp + SM + Fulvic Acid + KY Im hoping is the winning combo. Such a long shot guess as nothing has ever realyl worked but hey... what is there to lose.... gotta keep the hope alive...

Maybe even Follicum out of Sweden which will finish Phase 2 in Q3 can add some more hopium to the list lol. Their injection worked; but they are now trying a Topical version of growth factors....

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what we have seen in the phase 2 results, we can have minoxidil-good-responder results if we are in the optimal population (young and "low" Norwood like <NW4.) at 3 months.
Just wait for results publication in approximately 2 months. But if this drug hit his theorical target, then it would be logical that the less hairloss you have= the more you regrow as you have less hair to "repair". ( I refer here to hypertraintime's theory and the samumed's objective, wich is to learn our diseased tissues to repair themselves by helping them.).
Some others say that this drug will only be a minoxidil-like without any side. All these theories are equal and credible according to our actual knowledge.
The real answer is that people have no idea what to expect. The drug continued to grow hair beyond the treatment period, so what's coming with these results is anyone's guess. For all we know we're getting a super minoxidil that a higher percentage of people will respond to but that also interferes with the miniaturization process and delays loss. Let's wait and see, because as you said, this company is trying to do more then just grow hair, they are trying to disrupt tissue/organ damage.

Last edited:

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what we have seen in the phase 2 results, we can have minoxidil-good-responder results if we are in the optimal population (young and "low" Norwood like <NW4.) at 3 months.
Just wait for results publication in approximately 2 months. But if this drug hit his theorical target, then it would be logical that the less hairloss you have= the more you regrow as you have less hair to "repair". ( I refer here to hypertraintime's theory and the samumed's objective, wich is to learn our diseased tissues to repair themselves by helping them.).
Some others say that this drug will only be a minoxidil-like without any side. All these theories are equal and credible according to our actual knowledge.
I read the pdf of the trials available on their webstie. Very interesting, specially considering the volunteers are NW4>. Most of the "side effects" presented apparently don't have any relation with the drug. But it caught my attention that most common one was bowel/digestive system related. Should we be concerned or given the age of the volunteers, it was expected?

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
TBH, as a 29y/o NW1 diffuse thinner who can easily mask thinning with combover... im pretty hype for SM; hopefully it delivers... too many dissapointments in the past for me to get overly optimistic tho.... cant use 5AR or AA's so basically i need a side effect free minoxidil.... I do dermapen once a week, but without any chemicals it doesnt do much tbh... I wonder if adding Retin-A to SM would boost its efficacy like adding it to Mindoxidil does.... As I have come to conclude DHT also causes fat to burn and skin to thin in places where it is highly concentrated... after this kungflu calms down I think imma go and get fat grafting done into my scalp to thicken it up... as well as start Retin-A on its own to thicken the skin in the meantime....

Even after a transplant or new hair growth, you will still want to create a healthy environment for your hair to thrive in... lots of fat and thicken dermis / epidermis... that plus Dermastamp + SM + Fulvic Acid + KY Im hoping is the winning combo. Such a long shot guess as nothing has ever realyl worked but hey... what is there to lose.... gotta keep the hope alive...

Maybe even Follicum out of Sweden which will finish Phase 2 in Q3 can add some more hopium to the list lol. Their injection worked; but they are now trying a Topical version of growth factors....
Same here, expect my days of "easily hiding" are ending. My diffuse thinning on top and sides/back (I'm a DUPA sufferer acutally) got worse in the last week and temples are finally starting to go. I very anxious about this drug.

oralminoxidil

My Regimen
Reaction score
Likewise, minoxidil is not for drinking, but oral use is more effective. I don't have SM just wondering.We know that Samumed's medicines for other illnesses were produced for oral use.

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure why everyones so hyped about this, the phase 2 results weren't impressive at all. They continued to lose ground on vellus/non-vellus hair count up to the end of dosing. After cessation it then normalized to baseline. If anything it will be a good adjunctive treatment.

Anyone thinking this alone is going to regrow their hairline is delusional. Without a 5ar inhibitor you'd just be pissing in the wind.

I hope I'm wrong and they present actual images in march, but I don't think that will be the case.

I'm still waiting to here about exicure tbh. Been hyped for them since I saw their platform and the allergen investment.
Because it looks as though it’s actually going to be released. It’s huge news getting a hair loss med into phase 3 - I’ve been waiting over a decade for this.

I’d never even heard of exicure before, but from what I can gather, a phase 1 trial hasn’t even been conducted? In the very unlikely event their idea comes to fruition at all, it’s gonna take a decade or more until we can use it.

If SM gives me a little more hair I’m gonna be absolutely ecstatic. Bring it on.

Frenchboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure why everyones so hyped about this, the phase 2 results weren't impressive at all. They continued to lose ground on vellus/non-vellus hair count up to the end of dosing. After cessation it then normalized to baseline. If anything it will be a good adjunctive treatment.

Anyone thinking this alone is going to regrow their hairline is delusional. Without a 5ar inhibitor you'd just be pissing in the wind.

I hope I'm wrong and they present actual images in march, but I don't think that will be the case.

I'm still waiting to here about exicure tbh. Been hyped for them since I saw their platform and the allergen investment.
I read the results of the phase II studies : they all conclude that they earn in density and number of hair per square centimeter no ? Or i am wrong ?
hair-count-density.jpg

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read the results of the phase II studies : they all conclude that they earn in density and number of hair per square centimeter no ? Or i am wrong ?
View attachment 155432
Didn't they conduct 2 Phase II studies?
There was something about the higher dose getting less improvement, this study shows clearly that the 0.25% is superior to the 0,15% dose?

Wondering what happens if we mix this with Duta and minoxidil as a cocktail