Samumed- Sm04554 Phase 2 Results Safety And Biopsy Outcomes

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
That article's title probably just pushed me over the brink of sanity.
"An Unknown Billionaire's Quest To Reverse Aging"? Aging? Are you kidding me? I was f*****g 25 when it f*****g screwed me up; many were even younger.
How dare they f*****g talk to us about f*****g aging. And with a myriad of 50+ yo fullheads around.

Also, I expect Samumed to gain traction eventually what with Replicel potentially fizzling out. Desperate baldies gonna need a new hope to cling to regardless of data and facts.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aging? Are you kidding me? I was f*****g 25 when it f*****g screwed me up; many were even younger.
Yeah, I feel you. It was even more fucked up for me. I was 18 when mine started (hairline started killing itself rapidly), everyone started calling me an old man at school and I used to look like supermodel, at least girls told me that when they still cared about me. Now I'm 22 year old Norwood 4.4 with an ugly bald spot on my head, the irony of life is just insane.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Yeah, I feel you. It was even more fucked up for me. I was 18 when mine started (hairline started killing itself rapidly), everyone started calling me an old man at school and I used to look like supermodel, at least girls told me that when they still cared about me. Now I'm 22 year old Norwood 4.4 with an ugly bald spot on my head, the irony of life is just insane.

same story man...

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2939833/#!po=35.7143

I remembered reading something before about too much Wnt activity causing hair loss, so I found the paper and linked it above. Excess beta-catenin can result in stem cell depletion, so maybe this has something to do with the higher dose being less effective (at least in terms of terminal follicles, which is what matters most);it could be overstimulated.

Beta-catenin isn't at fault for the stem cell there though, mTOR is. Wnt inhibits GSK3-beta, which is part of the beta-catenin destruction complex, and this allows beta-catenin to accumulate and translocate to the nucleus and activate transcription of its target genes (i.e. the "canonical" Wnt signaling pathway). But GSK3-beta also inhibits mTOR, so Wnt can also increase mTOR activity, which as they found in the paper was responsible for the depletion of hair follicle stem cells.

wnt_mtor.png

Has Samumed specified what part of the Wnt pathway Sm04554 acts on? Is it Frizzled, GSK3-beta, beta-catenin, LGR, or what exactly?

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
this is a really depressing result. less density after a half year of usage. im losing my hope more and more for alle inventions. histogen turned out to be a comb-over treatment. also donald trump cant make brotzus lotion great again. replicel becomes more and more fishy. tsuij is science fiction. last hope on follica, but i think it will not be much better than minoxidil. i hate to say it guys, but we should think about shaving our heads. i know it is hard to accept.

i know many users missed my statements here, but i am to depressed since a long time, when everything fails.

anders

Reaction score
this is a really depressing result. less density after a half year of usage. im losing my hope more and more for alle inventions. histogen turned out to be a comb-over treatment. also donald trump cant make brotzus lotion great again. replicel becomes more and more fishy. tsuij is science fiction. last hope on follica, but i think it will not be much better than minoxidil. i hate to say it guys, but we should think about shaving our heads. i know it is hard to accept.

i know many users missed my statements here, but i am to depressed since a long time, when everything fails.

1. You don't know enough about Histogen to make that statement yet.
2. The lotion from Brotzu will most likely come out sometime in 2018, hopefully before. It will be done by Fidia, not Trump.
3. Replicel need's money like every other company in the world. Investors are a little more interesting than you at the moment.
4. The difference between Tsuij and George Lucas is that Tsuij got documented scientific research for his work.
5. You don't know enough about Follica to make that statement yet.
6. Shave you're head and leave us alone.

Last edited:

shookones

Reaction score
Ay bruh they may all suck but mix em all together at the same time and you'll probably have a decent cocktail ;)

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
1. We know they felt the need to resort to blatant combovers.
2. It will also likely work for alopecia areata only.
3. It's not just the time they're taking and the delays, it is also the backpedalling.
4. Doesn't change the fact it will only be avaliable a decade from now.
5. We know Cotsarelis himself acknowledged a "point of no return" in baldness.
6. Because god forbid we added a third option to delusion and resignation.

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
3. It's not just the time they're taking and the delays, it is also the backpedalling.

thx bro, i am completely your oppinion.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji's research is completely irrelevant to me.

It will come out in five years at the earliest, probably ten. When it does come out, it will be extraordinarily expensive for a very long time.

I'm puzzled that so many people give a sh*t about Tsuji here.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji's research is completely irrelevant to me.

It will come out in five years at the earliest, probably ten. When it does come out, it will be extraordinarily expensive for a very long time.

I'm puzzled that so many people give a sh*t about Tsuji here.

How much would you pay max for a nice full head of hair that is Androgenetic Alopecia immune David?

anders

Reaction score

1. Link? The only picture i saw actually looked pretty good, not great.
2. You don't know enough to make that statement yet.
3. When are you planning to realize that they don't give a sh*t about what you and me? There are probably very good reasons for the delays. What do you mean by backpedalling?
4. That was not the point. He said it was science fiction. It's not. Aaand, you don't know when it will be available.
5. If you believe that, then you basically saying that you don't believe in Tsuji's techonology.
6. Good for you, but then you are in the wrong section of this forum. Nobody here gives a f*** about how depressed you are or if you have shaved you're head or not.

ironix

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to see results after 6 months or a year. But over all i think the results look promising.
- No side effects
- More or less no loss in hair count and maybe some regrowth (those graphs are confusing)
- Possible neogenesis of hair follicles
- They are ready for phase 3 (Possible product candidate in late 2018?)

The big question will be what will happen after 3 months and hopefully future trails will answer that question.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Picky? Where in the above chart do you see a 10% increase in density?

I'm no expert in reading graphs like these, I honestly have zero experience, but wouldn't one think that there would be some consistency between the .15 and the .25 solutions? In some hair counts the .15 outperforms and in the other the .25 does. Also, probably the most important chart is the 'terminal follicle count' where the .25% solution show a decrease in terminal hair count.

These results were totally underwhelming. May be a customer at some point but certainly not overly-hyped about this.
I said the first trial had 10% growth not this one