Samumed- Sm04554 Phase 2 Results Safety And Biopsy Outcomes

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
So what is it about estrogen that helps so much ?

What mechanism is estrogen on the scalp... pge1 ?

We can mimick this without effecting our dicks im sure of it
That's what I wonder

There are numerous cases of transwomen showing regrowth that puts finasteride and minoxidil to shame and no one seems to be open to studying it

As you said, maybe estrogen works in a mechanism that could be reproduced without affecting hormone levels

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The funny thing, is that the answer to going from NW6 to NW1 , lies within those codes.

I think we should all pick one and research its effect on the follice then look for drugs that express or downregulate the genes we narrow down.

Funny thing is, we will probably work that out before the cure comes out :p:D:eek:

It's probably not just one gene though, but rather a large number of genes controlled by a few important pathways that make the difference. Maybe a combination of treatments could mimic it to some extent, provided you find the right combination...

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
So can we for the f*****g love of god find a M2F trans person who had a hair transplant before transitioning?
Because we need a goddamn conclusive answer to whether or not transplants compromise regrowth.

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So can we for the f*****g love of god find a M2F trans person who had a hair transplant before transitioning?
Because we need a goddamn conclusive answer to whether or not transplants compromise regrowth.

I wouldnt trust a hair transplant

abcdefg

Reaction score
arent the genes that control AR expression a lot simpler and less numerous? All you need to do is stop androgens or stop hair from being affected by androgens. You dont have to go in and genetically cure male pattern baldness and that is probably a big waste of time and effort. Androgens are a much easier way to help.
Dont we know men with a certain combination of repeating AR genes responds better to propecia? Why cant we use something simpler like that. Baby steps. Anything better then propecia or even replacement for propecia is valuable.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How about checking what changes when you go MtF. As far as I know only estrogen without androgen deprivation does nothing.

The funny thing, is that the answer to going from NW6 to NW1 , lies within those codes.

I think we should all pick one and research its effect on the follice then look for drugs that express or downregulate the genes we narrow down.

Funny thing is, we will probably work that out before the cure comes out :p:D:eek:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
That right there along with what Dr. Cotsarelis said a few years back is solid evidence that follicles DEFINITELY don't die. I wonder what makes the DP count increase in the follicles?

If that's the case then replicel should be a cure right? Their objective is to revive dormant follicles... I'm super confused at why some believe they do die, but there is tons of instances where follicles come back!

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are numerous different processes that as far as we know permanently f*** up the follicle, to say that some of your follicles will never experience dropout with extended Androgenetic Alopecia over time isn't accurate, but it is true that there are some cases of almost paranormal regrowth. But even if a few of them die... samumed and follica should be able to bring some of them back.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
many many years after hair loss the follicle in a biopsy will look like scaring alopecia...i think at that point it cant come back but to put this in reference my Mother started to lose her hair i would say in 30s or 40s and she had biopsy late 70 (long story whey she had hair biopsy) i came back as 'scarring alopecia" which is different then androgenic alopecia BUT if you look in a lot of dermatology pathology text books very advanced androgenic alopecia can mimic scarring alopecia in a biopsy.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
many many years after hair loss the follicle in a biopsy will look like scaring alopecia...i think at that point it cant come back but to put this in reference my Mother started to lose her hair i would say in 30s or 40s and she had biopsy late 70 (long story whey she had hair biopsy) i came back as 'scarring alopecia" which is different then androgenic alopecia BUT if you look in a lot of dermatology pathology text books very advanced androgenic alopecia can mimic scarring alopecia in a biopsy.

It seems like I remember from people talking about brotzu that hair may not be able to be revived after as little as 2-3 years after the follicle has shrunk. You think it takes much longer than this then? It's scarring that causes it to be unable to revive?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like I remember from people talking about brotzu that hair may not be able to be revived after as little as 2-3 years after the follicle has shrunk. You think it takes much longer than this then? It's scarring that causes it to be unable to revive?

scarring of tissue is basically destroyed or damaged permanently tissue
so if the follicle in a pathology is coming back as destroyed its not going to come back its too damaged.

therefore if advanced Androgenetic Alopecia is destroyed follicles its not going to come back.

but keep in mind this is someone who was losing hair for like 40 years.

brotzu said up to five years of loss.

does not mean theoretically something else won't work.

i am feeling optimistic about neogenesis to be honest.

its just when it will be available which is torment for all of us.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This is a great point. We should throw it out there on Reddit or something. Given the uncertainty surrounding most of these treatments, I'm basically a shoe-in for a transplant at some point. Just can't pull the trigger if it causes irreparable tissue scarring

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Its proven... there is a post here somewhere with a guy who had nw6 and now nw1 as woman

Folicles last alot longer than 2 -3 years. Brotzu pulled that out his *** to cover his bullshit product

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
. Brotzu pulled that out his *** to cover his bullshit product

I remember him saying 'up to 5 years' i don't remember 2 to 3 years--but i can be wrong or not remembering.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember him saying 'up to 5 years' i don't remember 2 to 3 years--but i can be wrong or not remembering.

Maybe I'm mixing it up with someone's bro science. I just seem to remember someone saying follicles reach a point of no return after only a couple years, and explaining why. Then you see pics like this and wonder how that can be true.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You mean..

regrowthhhhhhh.jpg

Painful to look at. Androgenetic Alopecia is damn brutal.

Pray for Tsuji mate.
This is impressive and proves

1) Follicles never die even after years of being a total bald NW9
2) Apparently its all about androgens? what the f*** do these guys do? they removed their testicles? This is interesting since I remember reading somewhere castration after adulthood wouldn't make you inmune to baldness, but those pics say otherwise, in fact they show massive regrowth which proves anything but androgen treatments are almost irrelevant. What im missing here?
Are you sure those aren't wigs?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe I'm mixing it up with someone's bro science. I just seem to remember someone saying follicles reach a point of no return after only a couple years, and explaining why. Then you see pics like this and wonder how that can be true.

I tell people the same thing and they won't shut up. They say after a few years all hope is lost. They're idiots. As long as you have peach fuzz it can be turned into good hairs.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about sex changes in the opposite direction? Do young women who transition to men and receive hormone therapy suddenly face hair loss issues? They take testosterone, which I assume would increase their production of DHT, but does it matter? Are the dormant AR receptors in their scalps 'turned on' to become sensitive?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about sex changes in the opposite direction? Do young women who transition to men and receive hormone therapy suddenly face hair loss issues? They take testosterone, which I assume would increase their production of DHT, but does it matter? Are the dormant AR receptors in their scalps 'turned on' to become sensitive?

Most likely as women who have PCOS (mostly an excess of testosterone) get very bad hair loss at times. they have very elevated androgens levels. Sprio usually helps there hair loss because its excess androgen..i think all of the women on this forum i have spoken to we have normal androgen levels so oral spironolactone is going to be hit or miss--i think most women have said on here its failed for them orally...i am suing it topically with some other stuff--im having regrowth but i am also using minxodil so hard to say.
also a lot of women at menopause get hair loss from loss of estrogen.
so if trans men are taking excess testosterone and estrogen blockers--it would make sense they would have hair loss if inclined.

But i think hair loss genetics--people have then to different degrees...like some women i see in 60s their hair is obvious thinned--but still for 60 looks good. where some 60 year olds just have thick lush hair like a 20 year old. Probably a milder form of genetic hair loss.