SAFE AND HARMFUL CHEMICAL FREE TAPE FOR HAIR SYSTEMS

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know, I’m struggling to see the harm with tape other than the potential endocrine disruption from the plastic.

the toluene and other harmful chemicals would have flashed off or evaporated when the tape is made so maybe not as toxic or harmful people are making out?
I cannot engrain 20+ years of medical experience, clinical trials, studies, and education,into you, on a forum.

Respectfully, you lack even the basic fundamentals, regarding definitions of words you use. Flashing means partial vaporizarion, It means it now has the ability to become flammable in air..... making the product less flammable as a tape, hence not needing an MSDS sheet.
It certainly doesn't mean the compound has disappeared or is undetectable.

If you believe having multiple industrial chemicals attached to your largest, most vascular organ ,long term, is not harmful........
I have a bridge to sell you.

Have a laboratory perform a full toxicology on your blood sample, and get back to me. They will all be detectable, with 100% absolute certainty.

Central nervous system toxicity..... SINGLE exposure.

Are you of the impression, the more chemicals with this warning and the longer your exposure, the lesser the risk? It's actually the opposite, it's called synergy.

Asking a tape company for what's essentially medical advice, and taking a "I just don't think", posture is absolute lunacy.

Leave medical science to the professionals.

Ignorance is Bliss.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220325-124348_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220325-124348_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20220325-124404_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220325-124404_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20220325-131117_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220325-131117_Chrome.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cannot engrain 20+ years of medical experience, clinical trials, studies, and education,into you, on a forum.

Respectfully, you lack even the basic fundamentals, regarding definitions of words you use. Flashing means partial vaporizarion, It means it now has the ability to become flammable in air..... making the product less flammable as a tape, hence not needing an MSDS sheet.
It certainly doesn't mean the compound has disappeared or is undetectable.

If you believe having multiple industrial chemicals attached to your largest, most vascular organ ,long term, is not harmful........
I have a bridge to sell you.

Have a laboratory perform a full toxicology on your blood sample, and get back to me. They will all be detectable, with 100% absolute certainty.

Central nervous system toxicity..... SINGLE exposure.

Are you of the impression, the more chemicals with this warning and the longer your exposure, the lesser the risk? It's actually the opposite, it's called synergy.

Asking a tape company for what's essentially medical advice, and taking a "I just don't think", posture is absolute lunacy.

Leave medical science to the professionals.

Ignorance is Bliss.
Okay I understand you have a lot of knowledge in this field and i respect and value your opinion.
Thanks for this information, appreciate it. I guess I’ll just have to try and make ghostbond work because I want to avoid all the harmful chemicals in tapes.

any idea why they don’t tell us the ingredients in tape if it’s the same as their liquid adhesive counterpart?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay I understand you have a lot of knowledge in this field and i respect and value your opinion.
Thanks for this information, appreciate it. I guess I’ll just have to try and make ghostbond work because I want to avoid all the harmful chemicals in tapes.

any idea why they don’t tell us the ingredients in tape if it’s the same as their liquid adhesive counterpart?
The Ingredients are the same as their liquid counterpart. They are just applied to a plastic substrate and allowed to semi cure. There may be a slight variation in ratio, however the ingredients remain the same.

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Ingredients are the same as their liquid counterpart. They are just applied to a plastic substrate and allowed to semi cure. There may be a slight variation in ratio, however the ingredients remain the same.
Yeah I figured. I’m just wondering why they withhold the information to hide the ingredients if it’s pretty much the same

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I figured. I’m just wondering why they withhold the information to hide the ingredients if it’s pretty much the same
They're not. For example Walker ultrahold adhesive and tape form is still Walker ultrahold. They are not required to have an MSDS for the reasons I stated previously. It is the same ingredients, In different form. They're Simply not required to complete a form, therefore they don't do it.

You seem to know I'm here to help and you don't take things personal or offensively, which I appreciate....as I'm simply direct :)

But.... "Caviar emptor" is what everyone needs to understand. The government is not our protector nor our daddy. We are responsible for the risks we take.. Many things are printed safe and verified, yet end up causing cancer and death.

To assume something that says it's harmful......or says nothing at all, is safe, is just preposterous.

The reason none of these products are tested long term on humans is because the outcome is already well suggested. They're not going to spend hundreds of thousands if not millions to prove their product causes harm and open themselves up to liability......

Attached is the MSDS for ultrahold liquid. It clearly shows, in 4 separate places, systemic toxicity, in both short term and long term exposure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220325-175403_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220325-175403_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20220325-180827_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220325-180827_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're not. For example Walker ultrahold adhesive and tape form is still Walker ultrahold. They are not required to have an MSDS for the reasons I stated previously. It is the same ingredients, In different form. They're Simply not required to complete a form, therefore they don't do it.

You seem to know I'm here to help and you don't take things personal or offensively, which I appreciate....as I'm simply direct :)

But.... "Caviar emptor" is what everyone needs to understand. The government is not our protector nor our daddy. We are responsible for the risks we take.. Many things are printed safe and verified, yet end up causing cancer and death.

To assume something that says it's harmful......or says nothing at all, is safe, is just preposterous.

The reason none of these products are tested long term on humans is because the outcome is already well suggested. They're not going to spend hundreds of thousands if not millions to prove their product causes harm and open themselves up to liability......

Attached is the MSDS for ultrahold liquid. It clearly shows, in 4 separate places, systemic toxicity, in both short term and long term exposure.
Oh right I see.
Yeah I’m aware you have a lot of knowledge in this field and aren’t just putting a blind eye to it like most people and assuming it is safe because they “haven’t heard of anyone who’s had health problems due to wearing a system”

wow that is actually crazy, didn’t realise how toxic it actually is. That’s me done with ultra hold then. I’m only young, I’m not gonna take the risk with it.

what about other Walker tapes like walkers no shine etc. there is no liquid adhesive counterpart to this tape so we wouldn’t know the ingredients or would it be similar to ultra hold?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh right I see.
Yeah I’m aware you have a lot of knowledge in this field and aren’t just putting a blind eye to it like most people and assuming it is safe because they “haven’t heard of anyone who’s had health problems due to wearing a system”

wow that is actually crazy, didn’t realise how toxic it actually is. That’s me done with ultra hold then. I’m only young, I’m not gonna take the risk with it.

what about other Walker tapes like walkers no shine etc. there is no liquid adhesive counterpart to this tape so we wouldn’t know the ingredients or would it be similar to ultra hold?
It should be very similar to ultrahold. The Lack of shine is from an imprint.

All acrylics have the same basic ingredients..regardless of brand...or version...It's the ratio that's different between them.

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

All acrylics have the same basic ingredients..regardless of brand...or version...It's the ratio that's different between them.
Is this statement from walkers website just a straight up lie then?

“The hazardous chemicals are evaporated and gone when the tape is created”

DarkStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score

Theres a hair system tape called Jesband I just found out about that doesn't use acrylic but uses hydrocolloid instead. Says up to 3 weeks use.
I have real issues with acrylic tapes causing irritation and itching after a few days and tried many with a scalp protector.

However it's expensive at 23-26 euros for 5 strips. Single or dual layer tapes. Unsure why they are different,I emailed them today.
But I'll try it at least once and hope for the best.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this statement from walkers website just a straight up lie then?

“The hazardous chemicals are evaporated and gone when the tape is created”
Don't take scientific and medical advice from a tape manufacturer.

The msds does not state 4 types of toxicity for tape before it flashed off. It is what you receive.... Final product...

Saying primary ingredients disappear during manufacturing, yes that's 100% unequivocally a lie

Last edited:

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't take scientific and medical advice from a tape manufacturer.

The msds does not state 4 types of toxicity for tape before it flashed off. It is what you receive.... Final product...

Saying primary ingredients disappear during manufacturing, yes that's 100% unequivocally a lie
So, according to Curtis from MHE, his stick it clear bond is free from all the harmful chemicals - toluene, heptane etc.

I suggested he should make this adhesive in a tape form. He responded that supertape is the tape counterpart of the stick it clear it bond. But he said he will get in touch with truetape to confirm what the actual chemicals and ingredients are. The MSDS sheet for supertape doesn’t seem as bad compared to ultra hold but still only speculating until they confirm what the ingredients and chemicals are.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, according to Curtis from MHE, his stick it clear bond is free from all the harmful chemicals - toluene, heptane etc.

I suggested he should make this adhesive in a tape form. He responded that supertape is the tape counterpart of the stick it clear it bond. But he said he will get in touch with truetape to confirm what the actual chemicals and ingredients are. The MSDS sheet for supertape doesn’t seem as bad compared to ultra hold but still only speculating until they confirm what the ingredients and chemicals are.

Void of all harmful chemicals is untrue.... Void of heptane and toulene is true.

What make you think it's "not as bad"?

It's simply cigar vs cigarette vs pipe.

You keep trying, but I can assure you....you will not find and adhesive that works in an acceptable fashion, that is void of systemic risk from, extended exposure.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you’re basically just using the ghostbond as a scalp protector? The ghost bond will eventually break down and your scalp will be in contact with the tape
I've considered that too but scalp protector is very useful - a welcome addition to my routine, but I still can't use tape with it, which is very disappointing.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be nice if this type of stuff had a bigger market, somebody would probably make some all natural adhesive. I've got long hair so I'm actually considering clips now since I'm not ready to shave my head even for a hair system but I would like to look like I've got hair when the time is right, but I don't care about going natural at other times. For a shorter hairstyle though I'm sure it gets more tricky to use clips since I haven't seen many videos of short hairstyles using clips.
Given how much I loathe white glue, I'd love to use clips. BUT I don't want to grow my sides out much. I love having the toupee on top of a level 1 buzz all over. That way, when I take it off, I don't look like a freak.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I'd like is a tape w ton of white glue on the scalp side & acrylic on the topside.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's any consolation to you guys, William Shatner's been wearing since the 1960s and is presently 90, looking great.

@TooBad: I bought a ton of goo-gone on the cheap. I used it on an old hair system and found it to be less effective than C22, while causing more hairloss.

Do you think it's any more toxic than C22? I imagine they're equally so?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
@TooBad , what do you think of using Ghostbond inbetween tape and skin? That would significantly lessen the exposure to pure tape plastic, no?

(And maybe even make cleaning lace easier than from cleaning it from just Ghostbond. No Ghostbond in contact with the lace, no tape in contact with the skin.)

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Void of all harmful chemicals is untrue.... Void of heptane and toulene is true.

What make you think it's "not as bad"?

It's simply cigar vs cigarette vs pipe.

You keep trying, but I can assure you....you will not find and adhesive that works in an acceptable fashion, that is void of systemic risk from, extended exposure.
Well it’s void of Toluene, Xylene, Benzene, Acetone, Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Parabens, Latex, or Phthalates which is a good start!

and I guess if supertape actually is this same adhesive in tape form than it’s definitely one of the safer options for tape

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's any consolation to you guys, William Shatner's been wearing since the 1960s and is presently 90, looking great.

@TooBad: I bought a ton of goo-gone on the cheap. I used it on an old hair system and found it to be less effective than C22, while causing more hairloss.

Do you think it's any more toxic than C22? I imagine they're equally so?
Wait what? How is C22 toxic? What chemicals are harmful inside of it?