SAFE AND HARMFUL CHEMICAL FREE TAPE FOR HAIR SYSTEMS

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How would a body adapt to toxins?

That's like assuming your lungs and liver will adapt to smoking and alcohol.

There are various mechanisms in the body that are activated through prolonged fasting to name one. Autophagy is a process that is activated through extended fasting which helps clear the body of toxins and damaged cells. I believe many of these can processes can be activated through leading a healthy lifestyle and other things I do regularly. End of the day it's just my belief.

I am not claiming to be a medical expert and do not want to engage in detailed medical debates but I also believe that we put too much faith in modern medicine when there are LARGE parts about how the body works that is not understood. The placebo affect being the largest. Acute medicine has developed amazingly well over the years and I have full faith in it but our treatment of any chronic conditions another story.

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How would a body adapt to toxins?

That's like assuming your lungs and liver will adapt to smoking and alcohol.

Another technique and this was done as part of a University Experiment and the results published I believe. This is something else I do daily

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are various mechanisms in the body that are activated through prolonged fasting to name one. Autophagy is a process that is activated through extended fasting which helps clear the body of toxins and damaged cells. I believe many of these can processes can be activated through leading a healthy lifestyle and other things I do regularly. End of the day it's just my belief.

I am not claiming to be a medical expert and do not want to engage in detailed medical debates but I also believe that we put too much faith in modern medicine when there are LARGE parts about how the body works that is not understood. The placebo affect being the largest. Acute medicine has developed amazingly well over the years and I have full faith in it but our treatment of any chronic conditions another story.
I was being facetious. I've been a double board certified physician for nearly 25 years. My understudy was molecular biology. The body does not adapt to poison.

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand why people here are under the assumption that using any adhesive is "safe."

White Glue - just go with Ghostbond's offerrings (Platinum) - is said to be the safest. It has the cleanest ingredients stack, I guess. But do I think it's SAFE to put on my head? Absolutely not.

At the same time, I don't think many things you ingest or breathe in are "SAFE" either, so I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Discipline hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand why people here are under the assumption that using any adhesive is "safe."

White Glue - just go with Ghostbond's offerrings (Platinum) - is said to be the safest. It has the cleanest ingredients stack, I guess. But do I think it's SAFE to put on my head? Absolutely not.

At the same time, I don't think many things you ingest or breathe in are "SAFE" either, so I wouldn't be overly concerned.
What you say is true my friend. All my intention was, if a better option is available Let's choose the better option. There are so many experienced guys on this forum. Good guidance is always welcome. We are all in the same boat.

This can be done in every aspect of life.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still hold the mindset that our food and medicines hold a greater risk then some hair glues. We are given a cocktail of medications and never question any long term effects. We trust doctors would never hurt us. They know what chemicals are in these medications as much as you do. So I think using some glue on our skin is the least of our worries when ranking all the other sh*t we do.

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still hold the mindset that our food and medicines hold a greater risk then some hair glues. We are given a cocktail of medications and never question any long term effects. We trust doctors would never hurt us. They know what chemicals are in these medications as much as you do. So I think using some glue on our skin is the least of our worries when ranking all the other sh*t we do.
Well said!

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cocktails of medicine? What combinations have you taken? Contradictions are well known.

Prescription pharmaceuticals have been studied extensively, in many cases for decades. Hair glue has never been. I don't think that's a fair comparison whatsoever..

No one believed smoking was bad for you until lung cancer cases skyrocket.... and later was extensively studied for decades......to make the correlation

DarthJoking

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the OP means skin safe.
Then water based glues and maybe Walker 1522 1-7 day daily wear tape as it's inert would be skin safe.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the OP means skin safe.
Then water based glues and maybe Walker 1522 1-7 day daily wear tape as it's inert would be skin safe.
I noted you used the word "inert" w regard to 1522 & saw, on Walker's website, that the tape is "inert"? What does that even mean in the context of toupee tape?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Chemically inactive. The carriers used in tape have already flashed off, as opposed to liquid adhesive flashing off on your skin and being absorbed at the same time.
Maybe there's just less of that carrier? Do you think tapes are totally free of that carrier component?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe there's just less of that carrier? Do you think tapes are totally free of that carrier component?
The carriers that allow it to be in liquid form until it dries... have dried on the plastic substrate therefore creating tape. It's just liquid adhesive semi dried on a substrate.

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Chemically inactive. The carriers used in tape have already flashed off, as opposed to liquid adhesive flashing off on your skin and being absorbed at the same time.
So tape actually isn’t that bad because the chemicals on it are inactive?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So tape actually isn’t that bad because the chemicals on it are inactive?
No. The carriers have flashed, that's all. There is still risk, and there are still harmful chemicals.

Tape can be considered more dangerous. It has the same ingredients as its liquid counterpart, attached to a plastic substrate.

The plastic alone is an endocrine disrupter, and estrogen promoter......in addition to the chemicals.

Last edited: