S.A.F 6months pics

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="Lucky_UK":2s97e1qm]I think s.a.f has come a long way from how he looked before any repair work and he deserves a medal, he did what most young guys do when they notice hairloss, panic and get sucked in by these adverts in the local papers with false advertising.

Well actually I waited 10 yrs from when I first started losing my hair. But the fact that the clinics I went to had been established about 20yrs just goes to show that you cant trust anyone. I only wish I'd known about forums such as this one at the time because I trusted everything the salesmen told me even though they were clearly lying.[/quote:2s97e1qm]

Sorry s.a.f., I put my post across in the wrong way, I have been losing my hair since my early teens, at the first point of noticing my hairloss I didn't panic but sooner or later it got to me where I found I was being tempted by these newspaper ads and tv informorcials.

What I meant was at some point during hairloss you come across these glossy advertisements in the paper, showing amazing before and after photos, so you decide to do something about it, when you have a consultation these salemen fill you in with so much bullshit that you end up believing them.

I nearly fell in to that trap too with Advanced Hair Studios and was booked in with The Hospital Group, but I was lucky to come across these forums and find out how bad the UK hair restoration industry is.

I also bought over priced and out of date finasteride from Norton and they repeatedly sent hair transplant mailshots even though I asked them to stop and they still do now.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
I Think it looks great for having that many failed procedures, My hair personally looks terrible at the length that yours is, in those pictures, what does it look like shorter? With thickeners applied?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
I have been losing my hair since my early teens, at the first point of noticing my hairloss I didn't panic but sooner or later it got to me where I found I was being tempted by these newspaper ads and tv informorcials.

wow lucky,you really have done very well then considering you were losing it so early,makes your results even more impressive ! :punk:

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
and nice one saf,could absolutely see that when you throw on some toppik or whatever that it would look pretty decent :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
dd11856 said:
How much growth and density have you seen added since your last pics were put up at the 4 month mark?
I did'nt put up any 4month pics? :dunno:

seeker123 said:
Do you have any before pictures because without it its impossible to tell.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=42603

metalheaddude said:
Yeah post us some pics of the glory days before you had hairloss SAF. That would be interesting to see.

What you mean back in the 80's when I was a kid?
Seriously though I first noticed I was losing it at 19. My hair got pretty thin (not as thin as it is now but quite bad) It also receeded to the level it is now. It then took about 5 yrs to reach kind of nw3 level after that I just buzzed it off, it was then that I noticed the crown was thinning aswell. During the next 4yrs the nw3 stubble just withered away into shiney smooth skin.
Well because of what this did to my confidence I avoided cameras for my entire 20's so there are unfortunatly no pics to compare.
Infact the only pic I can think of that exists of me as a full nw6 is somewhere in the possesion of the Norton clinic as they took a pic before my 1st surgery with them. But knowing those con artists there was probably no film in the camera anyway.

Hans Gruber said:
and nice one saf,could absolutely see that when you throw on some toppik or whatever that it would look pretty decent :)

Well I dont know about that LOL!
Especially with some of the all or nothing guys on here, but yes thickeners can do miracles for me, the crown is still too bald to do anything with realy but as far as the rest goes I can make it look like I have some acceptable amount of hair. And compared to being completely bald (which really did'nt look good on me) it is a massive improvement, tbh it just makes me feel more 'normal' when I'm out and about.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Norsk said:
It could be interesting to how it looks after you have styled it with concealers.

Attachments

• conc 001.jpg
    conc 001.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,390
  • conc 005.jpg
    conc 005.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,380
  • conc 002.jpg
    conc 002.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,383

s.a.f

Reaction score
This is how I look to the rest of the world.

Attachments

• conc 006.jpg
    conc 006.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,380

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Damn! I agree with Eureka, that looks amazing saf!

Those concealers totally kick ***. Looks like a full head of hair!!

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
is there a way to make it look less wiry/brillo like? maybe some gel or spray that give some life to your hair? coverage is there...but looks a little unhealthy.

just a thought.

good luck with ur grafts.

s.a.f

Reaction score
These pics were taken straight after I'd put it on and styled it but I know what you mean it does tend to look abit dull or chalky/powdery after a while it does get a little softer looking (less wiry). But when you use alot of concealer its a trade off between looking thicker and looking more natural.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that for your story (so much wasted donor supply and being nw6) you have amazing results. I am preety sure with the concealers no one will even think you are balding.

Are you completly out of donor supply saf? It is amazing what results can the top doctors give you...

Congratulations anyway!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
s.a.f. your hair looks great. Its very thick. Good job. :bravo:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Sphlanx2006
I'm not 'totally' out of donor I could possibly get another small strip of approx 1000 or a similar amount of FUE but after 5 ops in 3yrs you can understand that I'm not too keen to go through the whole process again, (travelling, downtime post op, more money ....) especially for a mere 1000 grafts. TBH visually it would'nt make that much difference, infact it would take the promise of at least 2500 grafts to get me back in the chair and I certainly dont have that much available.

DoctorHouse
trust me it is'nt thick at all but the concealers give the illusion.

antonio666

Reaction score
saf,i think your hair looks great with concealer espeacially has those english clinics robbed you off your donor,however for people to say saf hair is thick is a joke,but it looks real good with comcealer.

saf seems like a man that will not stay down,he has come up agaisnt hair rapists in the norton clinic and after all that has come out with a passable head of hair,true british spirit

G

no offense but this just makes me think how much better a shaved head looks. and it goes to show that hair transplants are garbage.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
dostovei said:
no offense but this just makes me think how much better a shaved head looks. and it goes to show that hair transplants are garbage.

read his story and take your foot out of your mouth :smack: