S.A.F 6months pics

s.a.f

Reaction score
Here is my 6month post op pics, for those of you who dont know my story :
Former nw6 3 failed hair transplant's in the UK then 2 repair hair transplant's by Dr Feller the first 2yrs ago 2890 grafts then another 6months ago for 2100. Currently using concealers although obviously these pics are without anything on my hair.[attachment=2:1tjm0onh]6mnth 005.jpg[/attachment:1tjm0onh]

Attachments

• 6mnth 005.jpg
    6mnth 005.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 7,571
  • 6mnth 002.jpg
    6mnth 002.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 7,564
  • 6mnth 004.jpg
    6mnth 004.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 7,587

s.a.f

Reaction score
[attachment=0:tn785bpm]6mnth 003.jpg[/attachment:tn785bpm]

Attachments

• 6mnth 003.jpg
    6mnth 003.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 7,505

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Do you expect much more thickening?

Without meds, I suspect that I'll end up between a Norwood 4-5. I don't have the Norwood 6, though. Do you think, given your history, it's better to bald freely, or should I opt for a transplant from a good surgeon?

Does that make any sense? I'm just asking if it's worth it in the end.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
It could be interesting to how it looks after you have styled it with concealers.

Aplunk, how can you know that, especially with your early onset? I think I started losing at a significantly higher age than you, yet I still sort of expect to be a NW7.

s.a.f

Reaction score
This shows the areas that were worked on and the areas that need further work, unfortunatley I have no donor grafts left. So although I can expect more thickening (maybe40%?) its only in the red areas. :( (not overall).

And yes I will add some more photo's soon showing how it looks with concealers.

Attachments

• 6mnth 005.jpg
    6mnth 005.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 7,459

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
No offence, mate but I'd definitely shave rather than wear a hair that thin. Another proof that hair transplant's are not nearly effective enough for NW6's.

MEANSTREET

Reaction score
id rather have any hair than no hair. for wat happened to SAF bad luck wise i think its still good coverage.

MEANSTREET

Reaction score
and also can u get any FUE from what is left of the donor area? and also would you try body hair transplanted to the scalp?

s.a.f

Reaction score
GHG said:
No offence, mate but I'd definitely shave rather than wear a hair that thin. Another proof that hair transplant's are not nearly effective enough for NW6's.

Well I guessed some posters would feel like that but shavings not an option for me with my strip scars. And I dont go out looking like in these pics once I've got dermatch and toppic on it looks a great deal better/thicker.
Thats what my position is really the grafts give me something to work with as far as concealers go.
Yes you are correct that nw6's will struggle to get a decent looking head of hair but its important to realise that I had 3 failed hair transplant's in the UK and what you're looking at is little more than 5000 grafts. If I had gone to a good surgeon in the first place I could have maybe got another 2-3000 grafts which would have made a big difference. Also my hair characteristics are about as bad as you can get very thin calibre and straight.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SAF, if you were to buzz the hair down, how would it look?

I remember (very briefly) when my crown was severely thinning way back when and I buzzed it to a number 1, no one could tell. If you didn't have the strip scars would it be able to be buzzed like that?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
So you're out of donor now SAF? Thats a shame if you're because its just starting to take shape nicely. You just need a little more density.

How many grafts were wasted with your failed hair transplant's? Would it of made much difference if you still had them?

I guess now all you can do is wait for.... dare I say "hair multiplication." I know you believe its a long way off but it must at least give you a slight sense of hope that you could get full density back one day, possibly within the next 10 years.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
GHG said:

Well I guessed some posters would feel like that but shavings not an option for me with my strip scars. And I dont go out looking like in these pics once I've got dermatch and toppic on it looks a great deal better/thicker.
Thats what my position is really the grafts give me something to work with as far as concealers go.
Yes you are correct that nw6's will struggle to get a decent looking head of hair but its important to realise that I had 3 failed hair transplant's in the UK and what you're looking at is little more than 5000 grafts. If I had gone to a good surgeon in the first place I could have maybe got another 2-3000 grafts which would have made a big difference. Also my hair characteristics are about as bad as you can get very thin calibre and straight.

Yeah I read that you had 3 failed procedures, and I feel sorry for you for that. You have the same hair texture as me, thin, brown and straight. Well, perhaps my hair is a bit thicker naturally than yours but still pretty thin.

fightDHT

Reaction score
can someone tell me whadddyumean by "Failed" hair transplant procedures?...were they not done correctly?....were they not donor hairs that they transplanted....?or were they just done badly without any plan?

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A failed hair transplant is when you go to a bad uk clinic, have a strip taken out where a good clinic could harvest say 1500-2000 grafts, poorly plant a couple of hundred if you are lucky and then they do not grow.

I think s.a.f has come a long way from how he looked before any repair work and he deserves a medal, he did what most young guys do when they notice hairloss, panic and get sucked in by these adverts in the local papers with false advertising.

s.a.f

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
SAF, if you were to buzz the hair down, how would it look?

I remember (very briefly) when my crown was severely thinning way back when and I buzzed it to a number 1, no one could tell. If you didn't have the strip scars would it be able to be buzzed like that?

Yes its just the scars that are the reason that buzzing down is'nt an option. My scar from the Norton clinic looks like they took the strip with a chainsaw not a scalpel. :crazy:
But tbh the buzzed look realy did'nt suit me.

Yes I guess that I am officially waiting for HM to be able to finish the job but I doubt it'll be here in the next 10 yrs. :(

fightDHT said:
can someone tell me whadddyumean by "Failed" hair transplant procedures?...were they not done correctly?....were they not donor hairs that they transplanted....?or were they just done badly without any plan?

They were a mixture of all of that, the people doing them were complete amatuers from the strips they took they only harvested a few 100 grafts at a time but their clumsy attempts cost me alot of scalp laxity and many of the grafts did'nt grow they were probably damaged during the transplatation process by their sloppy techniques.

Lucky_UK said:
I think s.a.f has come a long way from how he looked before any repair work and he deserves a medal, he did what most young guys do when they notice hairloss, panic and get sucked in by these adverts in the local papers with false advertising.

Well actually I waited 10 yrs from when I first started losing my hair. But the fact that the clinics I went to had been established about 20yrs just goes to show that you cant trust anyone. I only wish I'd known about forums such as this one at the time because I trusted everything the salesmen told me even though they were clearly lying.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
My scar from the Norton clinic looks like they took the strip with a chainsaw not a scalpel. :crazy:

They must buy thier surgical tools from a builders merchant.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
[quote="s.a.f":3b6nb3i1]
My scar from the Norton clinic looks like they took the strip with a chainsaw not a scalpel. :crazy:

They must buy thier surgical tools from a builders merchant.[/quote:3b6nb3i1]

Well they get their surgeons from the local A+E department so it would'nt suprise me! :thumbdown2:

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good, SAF - a vast improvement over what you had.

How much growth and density have you seen added since your last pics were put up at the 4 month mark?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Yeah post us some pics of the glory days before you had hairloss SAF. That would be interesting to see.