Ru58841 - Poll: Why Haven't You Tried Ru58841

What does prevent you from trying RU58841?

• Total voters

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you post the pic today? Would you say the dutasteride has done more harm then good?

Some more shots

Sry for going off topic btw

Attachments

• hair pic 6.jpg
    hair pic 6.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 566
  • hair pic 2.jpg
    hair pic 2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some more shots

Sry for going off topic btw

It honestly.....Doesn't look bad at all. Did you combine over the thinning areas? The back is indeed quite thick, and the hairline quite high......and you'r saying you'r still losing? Your hair looked better on finasteride than dutasteride?

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
It honestly.....Doesn't look bad at all. Did you combine over the thinning areas? The back is indeed quite thick, and the hairline quite high......and you'r saying you'r still losing? Your hair looked better on finasteride than dutasteride?

Dutasteride just doesn't work for me, the way finasteride did. But maybe the combination of the two will be an epic strategy. I should have kept taking finasteride and then add dutasteride 1 once a week and take it from there. But back then I thought that it was a given that dutasteride just works better for everyone. Now I'm finding out a lot of people don't. I'm gonna see my doctor later today and HOPEFULLY he will prescribe both.

CinnamonRoll

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride just doesn't work for me, the way finasteride did. But maybe the combination of the two will be an epic strategy. I should have kept taking finasteride and then add dutasteride 1 once a week and take it from there. But back then I thought that it was a given that dutasteride just works better for everyone. Now I'm finding out a lot of people don't. I'm gonna see my doctor later today and HOPEFULLY he will prescribe both.
For one thing, Dutasteride is only better than finasteride once it reaches a certain saturation point. Up until about 0.2mg/day(over the course of about 3 months) Dutasteride will either be less effective or equally effective. Dutasteride is weird in how it works. It basically doesn't touch 5AR1 until it's knocked out about 80% of 5AR2.
Then it starts splitting additional inhibition against both 5AR1 and 5AR2.
Those 93% 5AR2 inhibition numbers are only true for 0.5mg of Dutasteride taken in a steady state for 3 months.

From what I've seen, Finasteride is barely dose dependent. 0.1mg is about 75% as effective as 5mg. But Dutasteride is very different. It's a lot stronger at 0.5% than at lower amounts. Which is why "low dose Dutasteride" is a generally stupid idea, unless combined with Finasteride.

If you use Finasteride to knock down your 5AR2 by 65-70%, a lower dose of Dutasteride should be able to go in there and do what it does.

I know everyone says "But Dutasteride is so much stronger than Finasteride, finasteride would be useless". Eh... finasteride is a lot more efficient at lower doses. I don't know that it's any "weaker" than Dutasteride at all. I think it just has a much lower dose ceiling. So finasteride is losing additional effectiveness at 0.1mg while dutasteride keeps going up to 0.5 before seriously diminishing in potency.

There have been 0 clinical studies on this, but based on how each compound works I'm pretty sure that 0.25mg of finasteride+0.25mg dutasteride would be at least similarly effective to just 0.5mg of dutasteride. But I'm also not too sure this would reduce sides at all. Sides are probably worse on dutasteride, just because it's knocking out more 5AR1, which it should do with this combo.

And with their respective half-lives I don't think anyone should even consider stopping finasteride until they've been on dutasteride a minimum of 2 months. Dutasteride takes a long, long time to build up.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
For one thing, Dutasteride is only better than finasteride once it reaches a certain saturation point. Up until about 0.2mg/day(over the course of about 3 months) Dutasteride will either be less effective or equally effective. Dutasteride is weird in how it works. It basically doesn't touch 5AR1 until it's knocked out about 80% of 5AR2.
Then it starts splitting additional inhibition against both 5AR1 and 5AR2.
Those 93% 5AR2 inhibition numbers are only true for 0.5mg of Dutasteride taken in a steady state for 3 months.

From what I've seen, Finasteride is barely dose dependent. 0.1mg is about 75% as effective as 5mg. But Dutasteride is very different. It's a lot stronger at 0.5% than at lower amounts. Which is why "low dose Dutasteride" is a generally stupid idea, unless combined with Finasteride.

If you use Finasteride to knock down your 5AR2 by 65-70%, a lower dose of Dutasteride should be able to go in there and do what it does.

I know everyone says "But Dutasteride is so much stronger than Finasteride, finasteride would be useless". Eh... finasteride is a lot more efficient at lower doses. I don't know that it's any "weaker" than Dutasteride at all. I think it just has a much lower dose ceiling. So finasteride is losing additional effectiveness at 0.1mg while dutasteride keeps going up to 0.5 before seriously diminishing in potency.

There have been 0 clinical studies on this, but based on how each compound works I'm pretty sure that 0.25mg of finasteride+0.25mg dutasteride would be at least similarly effective to just 0.5mg of dutasteride. But I'm also not too sure this would reduce sides at all. Sides are probably worse on dutasteride, just because it's knocking out more 5AR1, which it should do with this combo.

And with their respective half-lives I don't think anyone should even consider stopping finasteride until they've been on dutasteride a minimum of 2 months. Dutasteride takes a long, long time to build up.

Yeah well Ive been using it for a fricking year and things aren't exactly stabilizing. That's not to say its not working, besides my hairline my hair looks pretty good. Hopefully the combo 1mg finasteride + 0.5mg dutasteride 3times a week or something like that will do something magically for me :p Not sure how to cut back on the dutasteride though, now Im starting 1mg finasteride daily again. First week just use both everyday, week 2 5times dutasteride, week 3 3 times dutasteride? any input is greatly appreciated!

CinnamonRoll

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah well Ive been using it for a fricking year and things aren't exactly stabilizing. That's not to say its not working, besides my hairline my hair looks pretty good. Hopefully the combo 1mg finasteride + 0.5mg dutasteride 3times a week or something like that will do something magically for me :p Not sure how to cut back on the dutasteride though, now Im starting 1mg finasteride daily again. First week just use both everyday, week 2 5times dutasteride, week 3 3 times dutasteride? any input is greatly appreciated!
I'd keep taking dutasteride at the dose you are taking it now, and just start back on finasteride at the same dose you were using before adding dutasteride.
I wouldn't worry about dialing the dose in until the loss stops(unless sides overwhelm you).