Rogaine foam (update, I gave it a shot) Growing hair again!

Cassin

Reaction score
I bought 3 months worth from a website. I will let you guys know how it works as I will give a full review after a few months.

Weird I had to buy it online, I went to 2 stores today and no luck. Probably to new.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Cassin,

I shopped around, too. The Costco in my area doesn't carry it yet, nor the K-Mart.

I ordered it online from a good seller, and it should be here tomorrow. I'll also tell everyone how it is.

docj077

Reaction score
This is just my opinion, so be kind with your responses.

Just out of curiousity, why do people still rely on minoxidil for hair growth beyond just using it for a few weeks? I'm not completely familiar with this drug, but doesn't your hair become dependent upon it for growth?

So, if a hair loss cure ever came out that target the gene, the receptor, or the whole process, people on minoxidil would be totally screwed until a medicine came out that would allow for hair growth in the absence of minoxidil.

I guess that's why I'm so reluctant to use it.

Of course, what I just said probably makes no sense.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
I've thought about this too. You probably could use minoxidil once a day and start using the new treatment. Or just quit and have a massive shed. If you do that, then what's better...having the extra hairs that it gives you until the new treatment comes out and having a shed that will be replaced, or not having the extra hairs and just waiting....

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
The only hair that is dependandant on minoxidil is hair that is regrown from minoxidil or hair that would not otherwise remain terminal without minoxidil intervention. What is the problem here?

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
the bit that confuses me is that why do only some hairs become minoxidil dependant and others dont? - I mean surely if all hairs are subject to the same hairloss factors why would a select few be revived by minoxidil and then maintained only by minoxidil - wouldnt the minoxidil be keeping all those other hairs on ur head in tact as well thus making them dependant on minoxidil too? not sure anyone can answer these questions which is why i rarely pose them

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, that is becuase a certain website has posted comlplete BS as fact which regularly gets repeated as fact in these forums. Minoxidil a treatment not cure. Anyhair hair minoxidil grows or keeps on your head would not survive without it. You stop the drug and hair returns to its sorryass state before treatment. Healthy hair not effected by male pattern baldness does not depend on minoxidil for it to grow terminal.

HARM1

Established Member
Reaction score
docj077 said:
This is just my opinion, so be kind with your responses.

Just out of curiousity, why do people still rely on minoxidil for hair growth beyond just using it for a few weeks? I'm not completely familiar with this drug, but doesn't your hair become dependent upon it for growth?

So, if a hair loss cure ever came out that target the gene, the receptor, or the whole process, people on minoxidil would be totally screwed until a medicine came out that would allow for hair growth in the absence of minoxidil.

I guess that's why I'm so reluctant to use it.

Of course, what I just said probably makes no sense.
I don't really get what youre saying. Hair that you regrow with minoxi is dependent on the minoxi, but not all the hair that minoxi touchecs.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^
Don't forget to post up your opinions buddy. I'm looking foward to an easy minoxidil application and quite frankly I believe MUCH more in this forum than the ads.

Cassin

Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
^
Don't forget to post up your opinions buddy. I'm looking foward to an easy minoxidil application and quite frankly I believe MUCH more in this forum than the ads.

No worries, I won't forget. But I won't post them until I have had a solid 2 weeks of use. It's only fair.

Plus I have a few weeks of Dr Lees left so I porbably won't post anything for at least a month.

But I can tell you for sure Dr Lees is a wonderful product. The only reason I am switching is to shake up my regimen.

JustinM71

Established Member
Reaction score
Made my hands cold as possible before application to my fingers but even with dry, cool fingers it still started to melt crazily like the wicked witch of the west!
Decided to squirt small amounts directly onto the scalp in the affected areas instead....seemed to work better this way for me at least. :?

But it dries so quickly and some of the residue that gets into your hair gives a thickening effect.
Cosmetically speaking, 10/10! I can finally put minoxidil in my hair in the morning so I'm a happy camper. :wink:

cboy2000

Reaction score
Why does the foam state it is not for the frontal hair line and only for the back vertex? Thnx for any info.

David