Rogaine foam excessive hairloss almost 3 month into use?????

beaner

Reaction score
Re: Rogaine foam excessive hairloss almost 1 month into use?????

No Philly---I get upset when you say that it doesn't work, when you are absolutely wrong.

beaner

Reaction score

philly said:
beaner said:
No Philly---I get upset when you say that it doesn't work, when you are absolutely wrong.

Never said it doesn't work. I said once or twice that it was 'increadibly ineffective'. Looking at the study it is. Reading the success forum it isn't. It could be that when associated with finasteride and nizoral, there is an unusual synergy between the latter and the foam that isn't as pronounced with the finasteride and the liquid.

philly said:
If fallout of hair after starting a new treatment persists for more than 2, maximum 3 weeks, then it's not due to the treatment working but PROOF it doesn't work.

One page back Philly---do you not remember saying this?

beaner

Reaction score

philly said:
Beaner, I like this discussion :) Let's continue it. BTW, how old are you?

Discussion is over. I'm 172 years old.

Reaction score

So, I just got my hair cut yesterday and I am surprised how much I can see my scalp. My hair was cut from about 4inches long down to about 2 inches. I am just curious, after 3 months, I am suppose to see results if it is working. Will I need a magnifing glass to look for new hairs, or should it be noticable to the naked eye in on average 3 months?

Thanks Again, you guys have helped a lot

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score

i can attest that foam works and works WELL

it may not work for everyone, because everyone's male pattern baldness is different. but it's always worth a try.

i do recommend finasteride first before trying foam.

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score

football88888888 said:
So, I just got my hair cut yesterday and I am surprised how much I can see my scalp. My hair was cut from about 4inches long down to about 2 inches. I am just curious, after 3 months, I am suppose to see results if it is working. Will I need a magnifing glass to look for new hairs, or should it be noticable to the naked eye in on average 3 months?

Thanks Again, you guys have helped a lot

i saw LIGHT growth at 1 month. very thin hairs all over my hairline and temples.

these continued to grow out thicker n thicker.

you do not need a magnifying glass, you should be able to see them up close in themirror.

i highly recommend you getting on a dht blocker, even if the foam does regrow hair, hair in other regions whereu don't apply it will continue to die.

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score

philly said:
ps1freak said:
i do recommend finasteride first before trying foam.

This is absolutely fundamental. There are not many foam successes without a 5AR2 enzyme inhibitor. This matches the Rogaine foam study results that are very disappointing to say the least. With a 5AR2 enzyme inhibitor however, there are plenty. As I stated previously, it could be that when the foam--which is the only slow-absorbing minoxidil if I remember right--is associated with a 5AR2 enzyme inhibitor, there is an unusual and mysterious synergy that is created. This is of course pure speculation from my part and should be taken with a grain of salt :freaked:

i tend to believe the same thing. i dont think the foam would have been nearly so effective with me if it wasn't for the stabilization of dht from finasteride.

even though regrowth comes from a different mechanism, i think with less dht all over my scalp it made regrowth for foam easier.

Reaction score

First, can someone tell me what is finasteride?

Second, I am 5 weeks into Rogaine foam and I still lose atleast 50 hairs a day, how long should I stick with this stuff?

Thanks Again

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score

I don't know how long you should stick with it, but if you've gotten through 5 weeks, don't give up on that possible progress just yet. Like I said it took 6 weeks for me to stop shedding. Give it another couple of weeks. Now my hair is strong and doesn't pull out easily. Though I'm using liquid so maybe the time frame doesn't translate perfectly.

Reaction score

OK, heres the update:

6 weeks in and I am still shedding around 50 hairs a day.

Last weekend I lost easily 200+ hairs each day.

I told myself last weekend that if I wasnt done sheeding by Sunday, I was going to stop using the foam. I need some suggestions.

Thanks Again

Hairworry

Reaction score

football88888888 said:
OK, heres the update:

6 weeks in and I am still shedding around 50 hairs a day.

Last weekend I lost easily 200+ hairs each day.

I told myself last weekend that if I wasnt done sheeding by Sunday, I was going to stop using the foam. I need some suggestions.

Thanks Again

Hi

I'm into my 5th week of minoxidil and am still losing like 30-40 hairs a day. In the 3rd week, I was losing close to 200 hairs a day. What I did was to cut down the application to only once a day, and on days when I feel my hair is so weak and scalp is irritated, I did not apply any.

The shedding has caused my thinning to be very obvious and I can now see my scalp. If my hair doesn't get back to baseline after 2 more weeks, I will call it quits. Anyway, this is just my opinion, do seek medical opinion if you need it.

Good luck!

Reaction score

I think my plan is to take a week off and see how this affects the shedding. If it decreases, I will hold off on the foam until Summer Vacation(I am a teacher).

Is this a good idea?

Does anyone think that this shedding is because I only wash my hair 1-2x a week and never really scrub it?

If the foam is not going to work for me, can I expect to ever see any of the hair s I lost on my head again?

Thanks again

Hairworry

Reaction score

Hi

I'm also shedding badly and my doctor told me to temporarily stop the minoxidil unitil my scalp irritation and oiliness is controlled. I do believe that in most cases of shedding that goes on and on, this is caused by excessive sebum production in the scalp. And minoxidil can lead to sebum accumulating and hence oiliness.

So I now using a prescription shampoo to comabt the scalp irritation and oiliness. On top of this, I was also prescribed a bethamethasone spray that's supposed to help regulate sebum.

Hopefully, will see my shedding brought under control and then to consider alternative course of treatment....... this has definitely increased my stress level and it's aggravating the scalp even more......