Rogaine foam excessive hairloss almost 3 month into use?????

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Rogaine foam excessive hairloss almost 1 month into use?????

I had really bad irritation during the beginning of my 6 week shed as well. I switched to Dr Lee's 5% with out PPG and the irritation stopped. I don't know if the PPG had something to do with the shedding or not, or if the irritation stopped from switching to no PPG. I think it did play a role. I tried switching back to the PPG formula and got irritation and shedding again, though not as bad. I even had a scab form on my scalp. so now I'm back to no PPG and scalp feels great and no shedding. it's a bit oily though. maybe you can give it a try. order a bottle, and in the meantime cut down on your apps instead of a cold stop. I receive packages from Dr Lee in 2 days.

Hairworry, you may not wat to use the bethamethasone. it's a steroid and really isn't good. try to use it minimally and for a shot while if at all. the stuff is so strong I've had it help in one app.

Hairworry

Reaction score

Hi rkim

Thanks for the advice. I shall stop using the betamethasone, you're right, it's quite strong and it's causing my hair to really dry up.

I'm too scared to go back on minoxidil as my shedding is still not under control yet.

I'm really quite depressed as now I've progressed from a NW3 to now looking like a NW4. All this within a matter of 2 months. Now I regret that I've gone back to using the minoxidil.

Am quite at a loss and feeling rather helpless.

:lost:

Reaction score

I have stopped for the last three applications. I have not noticed any decrease in shedding since. I plan on starting back up tonight if the shedding doesnt subside.

I hate hairloss and I hope my hair will lasst me until the end of June.

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score

I made a conscious decision to start with minoxidil this time in the winter. I basically wore a hat wherever I went because my hair got so bad. I feel it's improved enough by now to be somewhat presentable, in time for the summer, though it's not where it was b4 treatment. I think I'll do the same if I ever make any changes/additions. Maybe someone else reading this who is on the borderline of showing some scalp can do the same.

Hairworry

Reaction score

I came out from the shower today and while I was drying my hair, I realised that there's a lot of acne at the crown area. Before using this minoxidil 5%, my scalp didn't have such a bad case of acne.

Is this caused by the PPG or is my scalp just extra sensitive? If the irritation was brought on by the PPG, then the shedding may be due to extra sebum caused by the PPG?

Should I go back to using minoxidil, I now must make sure I get PPG free ones. What brands are PPG free?

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score

actually, I just looked online and the foam doesn't have PPG. my iritation was from 5% liquid with PPG.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hairworry said:
football88888888 said:
OK, heres the update:

6 weeks in and I am still shedding around 50 hairs a day.

Last weekend I lost easily 200+ hairs each day.

I told myself last weekend that if I wasnt done sheeding by Sunday, I was going to stop using the foam. I need some suggestions.

Thanks Again

You can't judge minoxidil's efficacy by daily hair counts.

5, 6, 7 even 8 weeks is way too short to evaluate minoxidil's effect. The first 1-3 months of shedding is normal, healthy, and should be expected. I haven't done tons of research, but I gather it's because of hair entering various rest/growth cycles with can take months.

If your scalp is getting severly irritated/red/developing acne, that's another story.

But if you're just worried about the shedding... you're going to lose the hair anyway right... might as well ride it out with minoxidil.

Reaction score

Heres the update. I am 11 weeks in and I do not notice any hair regrowth. The last 9 weeks I have shedded and continue to shed atleast 100 hairs a day. Its been so long since I went a day without losing that many hairs, I forget what is normal to lose.

The hairs I lose look thick and usually have a large white ball at the end. Does this mean anything?

Also, recently, I've noticed for the first time I have lost double hairs(two hairs in 1 white ball)?

Can I expect my shedded hairs to regrow?

I plan on buzzing my hair for the summer the end of next week unless something changes. I am scared that this will be the last week of my life with hair.

amsch

Reaction score

Stay for it another month or two, and if the megashed continues, get on liquid minoxidil. Nearly every minoxidil foam success story showed that if the foam works well it works already in the first 2-3 months. Increased shedding with foam is happening pretty often especially in the frontal area. Who knows if the hair will come back..

T

Timi

i am 18Month on Foam-and Liquid

my Hair a Desaster
shedding shedding shedding

thinning all over my Head
never comes one Hair back

my Hair get thinner and thinner and straw

Timi

Reaction score
Most of the hair I am lossing is on the top of my head(not my crown, and not in the front, in the middle). My crown is thinning and my hairline is completely intact.

Is that a typical male pattern baldness shedding area?

I never have really scubbed my head since going on the foam, do you think this influences the shedding?

Thanks Again

MonarchyB

Reaction score
So it is generally agreed that the shedding is a good sign but there are a few exeptions. Are there any symptoms that indicate an exeption?

Reaction score
I have heard that shedding is a good sign, but shedding 100-300 hairs a day for almost 10 weeks straight?

I am just about on summer vacation. Over summer I can wear a hat everyday. I am not sure if I want to buzz my head and then let it hopfully regrow for Sept. or just leave what I have. I am also not sure weather or not I should continue to use the foam or not.

Is thinnning over the top of the head and not the front typical male pattern baldness?

T

Timi

my Hairs completly destroyed
and have never stoped

sh*t sh*t

minoxidil :puke:

Timi

Reaction score
Timi said:
and have never stoped

s*** s***

Timi

How many hairs do you lose daily? How long has this shedding occured? DO you plan on stopping the minoxidil?

T

Timi

football88888888 said:
Timi said:
and have never stoped

s*** s***

Timi

How many hairs do you lose daily? How long has this shedding occured? DO you plan on stopping the minoxidil?

Begining minoxidil 200-300 Hairs Daily- later 50-100 Hairs Dayli
18Month minoxidil Hairs come not back
shedding shedding all the Time

the Hairs become a Yellowish Color-Straw Effect- twisted itself as perms
Hairstructur thin

I have stoped for a few Days
i hope finasteride makes this Damage good

Timi

Reaction score
Timi said:
football88888888 said:
Timi said:
and have never stoped

s*** s***

Timi

Begining minoxidil 200-300 Hairs Daily- later 50-100 Hairs Dayli
18Month minoxidil Hairs come not back
shedding shedding all the Time

the Hairs become a Yellowish Color-Straw Effect- twisted itself as perms
Hairstructur thin

I have stoped for a few Days
i hope finasteride makes this Damage good

Timi

How much hair do you have on your head now? Where has you hair thinned the most? When you scrath you head hard, do you get a yellowish debris under your fingernail?

Thanks

T

Timi

How Much??
bad to say very diffus thin terrible

to
Where has you hair thinned the most
Front-Upper Head-Behind Head
than later
thinnig out the Hairs arround the ears

i had shedding arround the head without end

i have lost 50000 Hairs over the full Head
and the Rest looks very ill

minoxidil was a big error for me

and to
do you get a yellowish debris under your fingernail?

No
My Hair get a Yellowish color

Timi

Reaction score
My hair is looking pretty terrible right now. I am taking this week off of the rogaine and seeing what happens. Is there anyone on here that has shedded like crazy on Rogaine quit it and then had you hair grow back thicker?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used Rogaine foam for exactly 1 year and did not see very good results. I then got on Xandrox 15% and am quite quite happy with my results. I also use spironolactone Cream 5% at night time every other day to help out with any excess DHT build up. I am also on propecia.

In the past Rogaine 5% liquid definitely worked for me but was getting me dizzy and made my hair dry looking. I'm really not a big fan of the foam and felt it didn't really do anything for me. I was also using a can every 2 weeks religiously for a year.

Check my latest pic at http://www.KJPBrand.com that is my pic right on the front page and was taken 2 weeks ago.