Rogaine foam excessive hairloss almost 3 month into use?????

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I remember I stopped minoxidil for a few times for 2 weeks straight and my hair got so much better and thicker looking. I am ready to throw in the towel on topicals except maybe just use Revivogen and Proxiphen every other day. I thought I would be able to tolerate Promox but its not happening. I may cycle the three. But I am taking one week off from putting anything in the front or middle. My vertex seems to be fine with topicals for some reason. Kiel, what exact areas do you put your topicals on?

amsch

Reaction score
Why use Revivogen and Proxiphen every other day, if you had good results with it? I'm sure your hair would become much better if you'd stay with a regiment that works for you for some time.. (You told me that you had success with Revivogen)

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
I remember I stopped minoxidil for a few times for 2 weeks straight and my hair got so much better and thicker looking. I am ready to throw in the towel on topicals except maybe just use Revivogen and Proxiphen every other day. I thought I would be able to tolerate Promox but its not happening. I may cycle the three. But I am taking one week off from putting anything in the front or middle. My vertex seems to be fine with topicals for some reason. Kiel, what exact areas do you put your topicals on?

Your hair got thicker in just 2 weeks off of the minoxidil? Do you constantly shed when on the minoxidil?

If I wanted to get in on the Revivogen, what would I need to buy and how much $$ a month?

T

Timi

Limitations of human occipital scalp hair follicle organ culture for studying the effects of minoxidil as a hair growth enhancer.Magerl M, Paus R, Farjo N, Müller-Röver S, Peters EM, Foitzik K, Tobin DJ.
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Bradford, Bradford, UK.

Minoxidil induces new hair growth in approximately one-third of patients with androgenetic alopecia after 1 year of treatment. With several conflicting reports in the literature based on small-scale studies, the current study aimed to clarify whether organ culture of human scalp anagen VI hair follicles is a suitable in vitro test system for reproducing, and experimentally dissecting, the recognized in vivo hair-growth-promoting capacity of minoxidil. Hair shaft elongation was studied in terminal anagen VI hair follicles microdissected from the occipital scalp of 36 healthy adults. A total of 2300 hair follicles, approximately 65 per individual, were tested using modifications of a basic organ culture protocol. It is shown here that minoxidil does not significantly increase hair shaft elongation or the duration of anagen VI in ex vivo culture despite several enhancements on the conventional methodology. This disparity to what is seen clinically in minoxidil responders may be explained by the following: (i) use of occipital (rather than frontotemporal or vertex) hair follicles; (ii) use of, already maximally growing, anagen VI hair follicles; (iii) a predominance of hair follicles from minoxidil unresponsive-donors; (iv) use of minoxidil rather than its sulfate metabolite; and/or (v) use of a suboptimal minoxidil dosage. This disparity questions the usefulness of standard human hair follicle organ culture in minoxidil research. Unexpectedly, minoxidil even inhibited hair shaft elongation in the absence of insulin, which may indicate that the actual hair-growth-modulatory effects of minoxidil depend on the concomitant local presence/absence of other growth modulators

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Amsch, you are absolutely right. I do stupid things sometimes because I tend to be influenced by people on forums like this. I was doing fine with Revivogen and Propecia. I added Proxiphen, things got worse. Then things got better after about 3 months. Then I cut my dose of Propecia due to reading stuff on here. Stupid move. I need to listen to Rassman. He says 1mg of Propecia is the only true thing that will fight male pattern baldness. He said minoxidil is of little benefit. Sometimes minoxidil does help some people but obviously not me. Promox is too strong for me. I have wasted so much money on hair loss treatments that I am better off sticking with Propecia and if my hair gets to the point I need a transplant, then I will get one. I was doing fine the first week but after 2 weeks, my scalp is so itchy and I am losing perfectly healthy thick hairs that I was not losing before I started it. My hair looks so crappy today. I am so sick of this game. I notice people who do not use any hair loss products that are NW2 have perfectly thick healthy hair and hairlines. My hairline looks so uneven and abnormal now. I have not idea what to do? All I can say is, for the past 2 years, my hair does not even seem healthy anymore. The rest of my body is doing great. My bodyfat is perfect and my weight is perfect. I eat all natural healthy foods and work out regularly.

T

Timi

DoctorHouse

Give finasteride Time and Stop all Topic Meds

Minoxidil can Increase the Insulin, and your IGF1 Produktion to low for Good minoxidil working

take L-Carnitin is good for higher IGF1

Timi

T

Timi

what is with
finasteride in minoxidil????

more have said success from this

Timi

Reaction score
Heres an update:

Day 3 without the foam and the shedding has significantly slowed. Probably cut in half to what it was at.

What does this mean?

Should I ever get back on the minoxidil?

T

Timi

football88888888 said:
Heres an update:

Day 3 without the foam and the shedding has significantly slowed. Probably cut in half to what it was at.

What does this mean?

Should I ever get back on the minoxidil?

bad to say
3Month shedding can be normal

Timi

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
football, I know its a hard decision on what to do? If you truly believe in what doctors tell us about minoxidil that it no way harms healthy thick terminal hairs and those same healthy terminal hairs will not become minoxidil dependent then stick with the minoxidil. If you believe that is its possible that minoxidil could "kill the hairline" then you might want to stop. I wish I could give you a true answer. There are no studies that show it does "kill the hairline". I am going to have faith in my doctor and just continue with it but I am going to use it very sparingly. I think honestly, its not the minoxidil that makes your hair look thinner and worse, but actually the alcohol. I bought an alcohol free minoxidil once and it did not cause any problems.

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
football, I know its a hard decision on what to do? If you truly believe in what doctors tell us about minoxidil that it no way harms healthy thick terminal hairs and those same healthy terminal hairs will not become minoxidil dependent then stick with the minoxidil. If you believe that is its possible that minoxidil could "kill the hairline" then you might want to stop. I wish I could give you a true answer. There are no studies that show it does "kill the hairline". I am going to have faith in my doctor and just continue with it but I am going to use it very sparingly. I think honestly, its not the minoxidil that makes your hair look thinner and worse, but actually the alcohol. I bought an alcohol free minoxidil once and it did not cause any problems.

Thanks for the advice. I am definitly holding off atleast a full week on it which is Saturday Night. Over the past few days I have been gradually losing less and less hair. Yesterday it was about 50 hairs (down for 100-500 hairs on the minoxidil).

I guess I will have a few days to ponder over this difficult descion. The good thing is that I have grown to accept the hairloss and I am ready to buzz away as soon as the day comes that I cannot wear a hat.

T

Timi

minoxidil ist not for me

Hair get thin and not stronger

the Hairstructur is very bad like straw and lifeless

Timi

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Timi is your hair getting better without using the minoxidil?

T

Timi

DoctorHouse said:
Timi is your hair getting better without using the minoxidil?

Yes more better
minoxidil have destroyed my Hair

i take today
finasteride Morning 1mg finasteride and evening 0,5mg
and
i make a attempt with finasteride Topic in the Corners
60ml Vodca 5mg finasteride in it

many in our Board says it work s good
I want to see it works or not

and i have big side effects from minoxidil
red face as Sunburn-big Eyrings-red Eys -Waterface
dizzy Head and strong tiredness

Timi

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Timi, in the heading about minoxidil eating the hairline, I posted some information that I found where in some people minoxidil or its alcohol content can cause micro-inflammation that can cause cell death of the hair follicle. I guess it did for you and me.

T

Timi

DoctorHouse said:
Timi, in the heading about minoxidil eating the hairline, I posted some information that I found where in some people minoxidil or its alcohol content can cause micro-inflammation that can cause cell death of the hair follicle. I guess it did for you and me.

Maybe
cell death i think No
i think a allergic Reaktion

my Hair comes back after a minoxidil attempt Year 2005
6Months later my Hair was good

i hope my Hair get better and better without this sh*t

Timi

T

Timi

DoctorHouse said:

and minoxidil makes all hairs worse over the Full Head
i put it in the Corner and Hairloss arround the Ears-Neck-Behind Head-Upper Head

that can not be Alkohol
that is minoxidil!
it goes in the Boodstream an works all over

Timi

Reaction score
After the week off of the foam I was still losing between 50-100 hairs a day. Because of this, I descided to get back on the foam. I am just trying to use a little as possible.

T

Timi

football88888888

You think Foam is better?

NO PPG NO Alcohol

and liquid makes the Hairs to fall out? (PPG-Alcohol)

Timi

Reaction score
Timi said:
football88888888

You think Foam is better?

NO PPG NO Alcohol

and liquid makes the Hairs to fall out? (PPG-Alcohol)

Timi

I was on the liquid prior to the foam and it made my hair super ichy. I would scratch it all night long while I slept. The foam has been pretty good with that, although I never noticed a shed with the liquid.