RIKEN Announcement: Succeeded in Developing Tech for HF Regenerative Medicine: Study to be Published Feb 10

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone to agree with him, the kid has a clear inferiority complex. Any time you see an idiot trying to act smart, it's pretty clear.
It's my opinion. You can disagree with me without throwing attacks or acting childish.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@werefckd I can understand when things don't go fast enough. Especially when you only think of yourself. But for Tsuji and Riken it doesn't matter if it takes 1-2 years longer. they think long term. A great advance was published today. Studies will definitely start in 6-18 months. The next generation will benefit greatly from this, and we will probably also in 10 years. That's great. Just because we don't benefit from it right away doesn't mean it has failed.
I agree with you.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I've stated many times, I'm fine with you having an opinion - just stop presenting your opinions as facts constantly. It's pretty straight forward.
Well what's not factual about Organ failing because of the lack of research results and going bust, and Tsuji having to look for new money and partners now because of that?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man if you think the corona excuse for the bankruptcy wasn't just a cover for the fact the research was STALLED FOR YEARS because of the ephitelial cells culture problem then ok.

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You keep telling the same sh*t while we now have a new paper and confirmation that human trials will start soon. What is it that you want exactly?
yeah thats really reassuring its clear thats their primary focus now.

right from their study they it: "Our study also demonstrated the potential of HFSCs and their culture system to achieve successful HF regenerative therapy, which will be a first-in-human trial of organ regenerative medicine" --> that clearly shows now they are wrapping up preclinical and confirmed it successful to me

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know why people aren't happy. This is great news. Yesterday all we had to look forward to was Stemson doing pig trials. Now we know Tsuji is doing hair cloning in humans, this year. There's always a chance something will go wrong when they do it, but that seems unlikely.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know why people aren't happy. This is great news. Yesterday all we had to look forward to was Stemson doing pig trials. Now we know Tsuji is doing hair cloning in humans, this year. There's always a chance something will go wrong when they do it, but that seems unlikely.
Yeah I agree. The only thing I'd be unhappy about is that they have yet to find a strategic partner. I didn't read anything to extensively but I have to assume everything is on hold until then?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They need a new partner, they need new money, they didn't mention anything about having regulatory authorization to start clinical trials

I would say the term "ready" to start clinical trials is being very loosely used here

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They need a new partner, they need new money, they didn't mention anything about having regulatory authorization to start clinical trials

I would say the term "ready" to start clinical trials is being very loosely used here

Agreed.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It'd still be several million for staffing, equipment, etc etc. It's defiantly a small trial, though. Most phase 1 trails are under 20 people.
I hope not. I don't think they have the ability to raise several millions just with a study in mice after all that happened and the lost momentum.

But if they leverage the facilities and staff that already exists at Riken and plan the trial in a smart way I believe/hope they can start it with much less money.

Once they successfully show a regenerated hair growing on a human for the first time I believe they can star thinking about raising serious amounts of capital again.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look guys... following these forums for more than a decade and seeing each and every promise about a cure becoming a total failure in the and, one after another, made me harsh and with a low tolerance for sure.

Above all, I would like to thank Tsuji for didn't quitting after all the problems he has faced. Creating a new organ with cloned cells from scratch has never been done and it's a HUGE complex problem. I'm happy we still have someone like him fighting and helping move things to the right direction, even in the case doesn't succeed in the end - it's such a hard puzzle afterall.

So thank you Tsuji and good luck!

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look guys... following these forums for more than a decade and seeing each and every promise about a cure becoming a total failure in the and, one after another, made me harsh and with a low tolerance for sure.

Above all, I would like to thank Tsuji for didn't quitting after all the problems he has faced. Creating a new organ with cloned cells from scratch has never been done and it's a HUGE complex problem. I'm happy we still have someone like him fighting and helping move things to the right direction, even in the case doesn't succeed in the end - it's such a hard puzzle afterall.

So thank you Tsuji and good luck!
Very well said! I just can agree on this one.
For now, being NW7 and becoming dense NW1 again is just science fiction, but maybe possible (not in our life time though, I doubt).

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's good news but I think that for our generation of baldies (from here to 10-15 years) advancements in current transplant methods are going to be way more important

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's good news but I think that for our generation of baldies (from here to 10-15 years) advancements in current transplant methods are going to be way more important
That depends on how much money you have. It won't take them long to find a partner for the first human trial. How long it takes from there depends on how much they need to rework their method after that.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope not. I don't think they have the ability to raise several millions just with a study in mice after all that happened and the lost momentum.

But if they leverage the facilities and staff that already exists at Riken and plan the trial in a smart way I believe/hope they can start it with much less money.

Once they successfully show a regenerated hair growing on a human for the first time I believe they can star thinking about raising serious amounts of capital again.
Okay last response here cause it's very clear you don't understand the pharmaceutical industry or the science behind at all. Mouse models are literally the basis for basically all biotech/health care development. Models are constructed for basically every condition known to man on mice to test their ability to translate into humans, and billions of dollars a year are invested on the basis of these models. From there, they apply the treatment to human cells in vivo to show the ability to translate to humans.

This study is no different. If the science is legitimate and the models are suitable through the peer review process they will get an investor quite quickly.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well what's not factual about Organ failing because of the lack of research results and going bust, and Tsuji having to look for new money and partners now because of that?
@werefckd ...

In the latest released research paper Riken mentions Organ Technologies 5(!) times, including acknowledgements. You claim that Organ Technologies failed, but they literally were a partner in this SUCCESS! The key building block for hair cloning in the future. Their liquidation was likely due to other reasons.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@werefckd ...

In the latest released research paper Riken mentions Organ Technologies 5(!) times, including acknowledgements. You claim that Organ Technologies failed, but they literally was a partner in this SUCCESS! The key building block for hair cloning in the future. Their liquidation was likely due to other reasons.
Organ helped to build the technology no doubt, but in the end the company abruptly had to close. The business failed, how hard is to understand something so simple.

Hlbgone

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a step in the right direction. This has never been done before. The publishing of the paper can also help other scientists who understand the jargon completely. The most difficult part of this all is that it's a waiting game.

We can't throw out speculative timelines because we aren't the professionals in this process. Tsuji is onto something, what it needs is refinements etc and with human trials we will be able to get a much better picture of what lies ahead. Then a judgement call can be made on whether or not it's been successful.