RIKEN Announcement: Succeeded in Developing Tech for HF Regenerative Medicine: Study to be Published Feb 10

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay last response here cause it's very clear you don't understand the pharmaceutical industry or the science behind at all. Mouse models are literally the basis for basically all biotech/health care development. Models are constructed for basically every condition known to man on mice to test their ability to translate into humans, and billions of dollars a year are invested on the basis of these models. From there, they apply the treatment to human cells in vivo to show the ability to translate to humans.

This study is no different. If the science is legitimate and the models are suitable through the peer review process they will get an investor quite quickly.
Look, for a start these are not even pharma companies. You're acting like a smart *** but don't even understand the basics.

Last edited:

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@werefckd ...

In the latest released research paper Riken mentions Organ Technologies 5(!) times, including acknowledgements. You claim that Organ Technologies failed, but they literally were a partner in this SUCCESS! The key building block for hair cloning in the future. Their liquidation was likely due to other reasons.
which part of the release about them saying Organ failed and that they needed a new partner you didn't understand?

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
which part of the release about them saying Organ failed and that they needed a new partner you didn't understand?
You claimed that the reason they went bankrupt/fail was because of the fail of their technology. That’s not true. They succeeded. They were stopped due to other factors. That’s all. Sooner rather than later you will thank Organ for laying down the groundwork so that you can get this procedure done in 10 years. They deserve to be treated with respect.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look, for a start these are not even pharma companies. You're acting like a smart *** but don't even understand the basics.
What a dumb response. Whether or not it's a traditional pharma company is irrelevant. The process needs to go through trials for commercialization regardless.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're looking at it the wrong way. They used Organ to develop the technology. Now they have a working technology for hair multiplication, and a fresh start without any obligations, debt or otherwise.

Shush

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's funny how some of you will always find a reason to be mad, no matter what happens.
We went from Tsuji is done to the publication of some major breakthrough in hair cloning, and you still complain.
You will also complain when this comes out because it's too expensive, then you will complain because you didn't have it earlier, then you will complain because now that you have hair nothing really changed in your life.
Be appreciative that you will have a cure in your lifetime, nobody ever had this privilege

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's funny how some of you will always find a reason to be mad, no matter what happens.
We went from Tsuji is done to the publication of some major breakthrough in hair cloning, and you still complain.
You will also complain when this comes out because it's too expensive, then you will complain because you didn't have it earlier, then you will complain because now that you have hair nothing really changed in your life.
Be appreciative that you will have a cure in your lifetime, nobody ever had this privilege

Never have truer words been spoken. This forum really attracts people with a loser mentality.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I live not too far from stemson labs. I woke up today to a deafening PHEW.

On a more serious note:
Frankly I was skeptic, but I thought maybe we will see a naturally looking pigmented hair on a bald mice.
I just read the paper. It is closer to basic science than clinical application.

My takeway:
1/ Riken is not dead, they are working.
2/ There are practical novel findings in it, with relevance to clinical studies.
3/ If you think *this* would translate into a cure in the next 5 years, you are very very optimistic. To get some perspective: Intercytex in 2007 were not too far from what looked to be a cure.

PS: Scientific Reports (SR) is not Nature, it is one of tons of journals owned by Nature, but it does not have the same quality. Some choose to publish there when rejected by Nature, while others send SR because it is open access and want a broader readership, especially if you want to attract investors.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
When this stuff becomes available I'd be either dead, a NW7 or just to old to care. But I'm glad the next generation of bald bros won't suffer from it anymore. Including the children and teens of my own family who will be fucked by our shitty genes sooner or later

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
When this sruff becomes available I'd be either dead, a NW7 or just to old to care. But I'm glad the next generaiton of bald bros won't suffer form it anymore. Including the children and teens of my own family who will be fucked by our shitty genes sooner or later
Oh stop with the negativity. a NW7 is like the ideal person for this procedure anyways, it's unlimited hair. Also, everyone cares about hair EXCEPT for bald people who have embraced it. You think people who are thinning in their 40s 50s and 60s don't do the same things we do?

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@pegasus2 What could be the reason behind Riken not choosing human hairs on their mice instead of mouse hair/fur, animal to animal?

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does the hair quality look good compared to regular mouse hairs? It’s really good to know they achieved regular hair cycling. Is it unpigmneted hair? Or the mouse has genetically white hair

Attachments

• F005086A-6446-4082-9A13-30434DE774AE.jpeg
    F005086A-6446-4082-9A13-30434DE774AE.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 95

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys from slybaldguys are about to reveal that they've been coping all this time when they suddenly stop shaving it bro and have a full head of hair. Joe Rogan comes to mind. After all his criticisms of people not accepting their baldness I'm going to laugh so hard when he gets this done.
same for copecafe
uh i mean baldcafe

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
same for copecafe
uh i mean baldcafe
I don't understand why people rag on those guys. It's actually a very positive and healthy community for people who are struggling with hair loss. I'm sure some/most of them would love to have hair again if offered the chance, but making the best of the situation is perfectly fine.

Even though we're on this forum and trying to fight it, the reality is that most of us will probably be bald sooner rather then later even with treatment.

Last edited:

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People don't win a million dollars in the lottery and then proudly say they are mature enough to accept it. "Acceptance" is only a thing when you are dealing with a result you didn't like.