Revivogen

baboon

Reaction score
Has anybody any experience with Revivogen?

Since it is considered to be an effective DHT inhibitor but available without prescription and not as fully absorbed into the blood as Propecia I am considering switching. There was some concern about the potential impact of Propecia on the genitals of a male foetus (if a male foetus is conceived whilst the male partner is taking 1mg propecia) and, since I am considering having a child with my partner, the more localized effect of Revivogen is appealing.

Any ideas?

Baboon

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Me, too! I think the use of topical fatty acids is a very interesting and promising approach to male pattern baldness!

Bryan

floatableTR

Reaction score
Is it working

OK, for the people whom are still using it.. how long has it been and does it seem to be working? :?:

Dismembered

Reaction score
Re: ??

floatableTR said:
Dismembered?? Brian?? how is working for you?? :?: :?: :?:

I have used Revivogen for five months by itself and I noticed a significant reduction in the amount of hair I lose. The following morning I would lose 2 - 5 hairs in the shower. I added Revivogen again when I was still on Propecia, and I only noticed the reduction of hairloss after using Revivogen.

Revivogen will either stop or slow down your hairloss, but like anything it won't work for everyone. I believe spironolactone is also giving me the same effect. So I believe Revivogen does work, but don't go expecting regrowth from it. It's not Rogaine. Revivogen is just a DHT inhibitor. I think a lot of people had their hopes too high when the product came out and those pictures on the Revivogen website don't help either.

People have bashed the product in the past but I would not use it if I did not notice any difference in the amount of hair I lose. It would be a good alternative if you do not want to take oral medications or if you suffer from any intolerable side effects from Finasteride. I consider a prolonged Telogen Effluvium an intolerable side effect. I guess my body does not like me messing with my hormones.

Bryan has mentioned that Revivogen combined with spironolactone would be a good alternative to Propecia. I alternate each night with Revivogen and spironolactone. Anyway, it's good to have alternatives since not everyone can use Propecia and I am sure some people will have problems when dutasteride comes out.

Good luck.

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Dismembered,

Have you regained the hair you lost from propecia?

Exactly how much did you lose??

Dismembered

Reaction score
richlocks said:
Dismembered,

Have you regained the hair you lost from propecia?

Exactly how much did you lose??

When on propecia, my hair became more diffuse and spots that were already thin became even thinner when using the drug. When I stopped the drug the first time I regained most of what I lost four months later after quitting Finasteride. I expect a slight improvement in hair density within the next two months. Since being off Finasteride my hair has already thickened up a bit. However, in May I was already tapering off the drug so I hope for more improvement as I fully recover from the Telogen Effluvium.

I should note that I was not shedding heavily throughout the whole year I was on the drug, but what I shed was not growing back. I think my hair was stuck in a very long resting phase. Who knows what would have happened if I used Finasteride for another year. It may have all grown back even thicker and maybe not. Anyway, Dr. Lee recommends getting off the drug if you undergo a Telogen Effluvium and I would agree with his advice.

Anyway, what would be nice is if Revivogen can make their product totally odorless, but I guess that's where spironolactone can come in handy.

Quartz

Reaction score
Just looking for a bit of advice...as I get the feeling Propecia isn't working for me (seven and half months in and hairloss has continued) would Revivogen be a viable alternative, given that it essentially carries out the same DHT inhibiting job as Finast? Reading through the product review on this site fills me with optimism, then you go on the discussion forums and get downhearted! Bryan, are you a regular Revivogen user? How is it working for you? Many have suggested spironolactone over Revivogen and if you throw FNS into the mix one can end up very confused indeed! Wish Propecia had worked - so much easier to pop a pill!
Cheers boys.

rocky

Reaction score
Quarts: My advice is for you to stay on Propecai for a full year before you throw in the towel. Some people do not realize the results they have gained until a year has passed. I think that you need a product to heal your scalp, such as Folligen Therapy solution which contains a high concentration of skin regenerative and hair growth stimulating copper-peptides. You would apply about 1ml of this product with a dropper directly onto the scalp in the evening as it is a messy application. I would not personally recommend Revivogen even though some have claimed positive results from it...spironolactone is most likely more effective and is definitely more well researched than fatty acids such as those found in Revivogen. Complement your systemic DHT inhibitor by adding a topical DHT inhibitor to the mix...I recommend Dr. Lee's 5% spironolactone lotion. You apply it nightly.

Folligen Therapy Solution
Dr. Lee's 5% Spironolactone Lotion

rocky

floatableTR

Reaction score
Well if any Revivogen users care :? I've been usind Revivogen (BY ITSELF) for the past 3 months. Im just starting my 2nd batch.. I know i've heard alot of revivogen bashing but ill give it a chance. Stupid hairloss products!! Anyhow I'm definitly not losing anymore hair but I noticed that in the 1st month I lost some in new areas of the crown. This was because of Revivogen and Im sure its the hair that was going to go anyways and got sped up by the shedding phase.. anyhow..any miricles and ill let you know 8)

Koros

Reaction score
Hi,
I have two questions for revivogen users:

1) To oily scalp users: after using revivogen, did you noticed a normalisation of sebum production ? Did it made your scalp less oily ?

2) Do you need to apply revivogen on the entire scalp or only the shedding / thinning ones ?

Thanks,
Koros

jcwlm

Reaction score
Revivogen/Rogaine

My main hairloss has been mainly along the temples. I did notice some loss of hair while in the shower or combing / brushing my hair.

I have been using Revivogen now for about 5 months and began to notice less hair loss within the first month of use. Then I incorporated Rogaine into my routine about 2 months ago. I am satisfied with the results. My goal was not to loose anymore hair and strengthen the hair that I currently have. I have begun to see new hairgrowth along the hairline as well as a feeling of thicker hair.

FYI...Leave the shampoo on for about 5 minutes. Use Rogaine a couple of times a day, early morning and around 5:00 pm at night then the Revivogen Topical right before you go to bed; for me around 10:00 - :30 PM.

floatableTR

Reaction score
Koros,

I have been using revivogen for about 4 months. Definitly noticed a stoppage of hairloss after 1 month. You need to apply it to directly on the scalp in the areas that are thinning. My hair was never oily so I can't reply on that aspect. I think revivogen actually made my hair a little oily. In fact my biggest complaint with revivogen is that it gives me constant "bad hair days" I noticed this when I didnt use it for a couple of days(i was waiting for my next order) and I had all "good hair days". Everyones hair reacts different I guess... unless anyone else using revivogen has noticed this? :?: :?:

Dismembered

Reaction score
Koros said:
Hi,

1) To oily scalp users: after using revivogen, did you noticed a normalisation of sebum production ? Did it made your scalp less oily ?

Thanks,
Koros

Yes, Revivogen has helped alleviate dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis for me. It has made a huge difference. However, serborrheic dermatitis was more of a problem when I was on Propecia.

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Dismembered,

how's the hair doing? Have you grown all your hair back that propecia shed? Is the revivogen helping you maintain/regrow hair?

Dismembered

Reaction score
richlocks said:
Dismembered,

how's the hair doing? Have you grown all your hair back that propecia shed? Is the revivogen helping you maintain/regrow hair?

My hair is getting thicker and I do notice the difference. This is a slow process so it's not a massive difference but I can notice it. The last time I get off Propecia, I didn't really see the recovery until about four months after. So I would need another month and a half to really make a decent evaluation. Overall, it is getting thicker. I just don't know how much thicker it will get.

Revivogen and spironolactone have helped. I find that I may shed a bit more on spironolactone, or at least it seems that way when I look at my pillow the next morning. I notice that Revivogen has a stronger effect against dandruff, but maybe this is because I can't put the spironolactone cream all over like I do with Revivogen. I am also using Prox-N but I will phase it out for awhile. If I feel I need it again in the future then I will add the lef version.

Anyway, I haven't been thinking about hairloss much lately since I got off Propecia.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Dismembered, thanks for the update. Please do check back here, even if you fully restore your hair and never think about hair loss again. Many of us are interested in hearing how Revivogen/Topical spironolactone lotion is working as a replacement for Propecia.

HairLossTalk.com

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I second that!

I'll throw propecia out the window if the revivogen/spironolactone combo proves to be effective..