Revita - Scared but holding on

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
chino20 said:
hair_tomorrow, zinc can make you shed?? I've just used head and shoulders, and it makes my scalp feel really wierd, kinda cool but kinda hot at the same time. Is that normal, or possibly a sign I have an aversion to zinc?

Generally - zinc is good. But some people can't handle it - it's almost like they're alergic or something, hence the problems some people have w/ H&S and Zix. You're probably fine.

ITR000

Reaction score
Been using Revita 4-5 times per week for 1.5 months, there is no question in my mind this stuff has caused additional shedding. Cut back my usage to 1 per week.

ITR000

Reaction score
Whyatt said:
How do you know that shedding isnt a good sign ?

Well how long is the shed suppose to last? I mean, I didnt experience this level of shed on Spectral DNC and I have been on this for 3 or so months. I have only been on Revita for a month....

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
Everyone says differently...I'm not brave enough to give you any exact amount of timeand it's probably individual as well.. :roll:

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm still going to keep with this shampoo regardless of the shed.

CCS

Reaction score
Hooterson said:
It's hard to tell what spurred my latest shed...DNC, Revita, spring time? All I know is I've read alot of posts from people (25+) that seem to THINK Revita is the cause.

were all these people on something else, and got off it thinking revita would keep their hair? that would explain it. Revita should help some, but it will not maintain your hair.

Hooterson

Reaction score
No, these are people who added Revita to their current regimen and began to shed. Maybe 1% keto is too strong 5x per week and induces a shed. Revita should be a good complement to your regimen but definately not used as the sole treatment.

I've cut my use of Revita to 2x a week and Dr. lee's Regrowth 1x per week. Shedding has slowed and now I'm just hoping to see some thickening.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am using Revita EOD now. Not because of the shed, but because I thought it felt like too much. Doing it EOD my scalp seems to appreciate the Revita. Every day it doesn't like it.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I've noticed in the front when I'm in lights, all of the frontal hair that I lost over time is still there. It's just blond now. I may be a bit bald in front, but I still have hair there.

I haven't checked the back yet.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stopped sheding and seen some results?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
KiLLuMiNaTi said:

I never had a shed from revita.

I'm just finishing up my first bottle - just ordered a new bottle today.

After 3 months and 13 days on revita, yes my hair is definitely looking more full - thicker.

I'm not claiming any regrowth - but my hair looks great (as great as a 5a can look :)

So, I'm doing something right.

I should also mention that for the last 3 months:

I pre-rinse w/ ACV and cayenne 4 - 5 x weekly;
pre-shampoo w/ tricomin on revita shampoo days (5x weekly);
use alpecin c1 and Dr. Lee's regrowth regrowth shampoo 2x weekly,
doing dutasteride and finasteride,
doing spectral dnc 2x daily.
doing tricomin therapy spray and emu oil w/ essential oils before bed, maybe 5x weekly.

So something's working and I feel safe in attributing my more full look at least in part to Revita.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
KiLLuMiNaTi said:

I never had a shed from revita.

I'm just finishing up my first bottle - just ordered a new bottle today.

After 3 months and 13 days on revita, yes my hair is definitely looking more full - thicker.

I'm not claiming any regrowth - but my hair looks great (as great as a 5a can look :)

So, I'm doing something right.

I should also mention that for the last 3 months:

I pre-rinse w/ ACV and cayenne 4 - 5 x weekly;
pre-shampoo w/ tricomin on revita shampoo days (5x weekly);
use alpecin c1 and Dr. Lee's regrowth regrowth shampoo 2x weekly,
doing dutasteride and finasteride,
doing spectral dnc 2x daily.
doing tricomin therapy spray and emu oil w/ essential oils before bed, maybe 5x weekly.

So something's working and I feel safe in attributing my more full look at least in part to Revita.

first positive review of revita that Ive read on here...maybe i should give it a shot when my nizoral bottler runs out.

Pondle

Reaction score
I like Revita too - just as a shampoo if nothing else. Doesn't seem to have made that much difference to my hair either way as yet.

G

I also like Revita. It really cleans my hair well but i can't tell if it thickens my hair or not because I pre-wash with the L'Oreal thickening shampoo.

Hooterson

Reaction score
my shedding has slowed and my hair is looking better, I'm not saying it's because of Revita because I'm taking ton of other sh$t too...

btw just started bottle #2 using, 3x per week

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
Been a good 3/4 weeks now since I started this shed and still no light at the end of the tunnel. My hair is looking the worse it has for a long time and unlike when I used to have finasteride sheds, I can't feel any new prickly regrowth when I run my fingertips over my scalp. Think I'm gonna cut down the Revita from 5x a week to 2. I think all that keto is overload.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you think you would get results using it twice a week?