Revita - Scared but holding on

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the Revita site FairTax, there they mention they use procyanidin b-2 and c-1, both of which i've heard of. but on my bottle of Revita it says they use b-1, which i've never heard of before....think that was a typo?

G

Interesting FC, let me check my bottle too.......It says Apple Polyphenol (Procyanidin B-1).

Maybe it is a typo, I dunno. It does say Apple Poly though but then then B-1 in parenthesis.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you guys think a shampoo is making you shed? are you mad?

the only thing revita did for me so far is make my scalp feel a bit dry.

I use EOD, it seems too harsh for 5x a week.

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys you can chalk up another one for the "Revita made me shed" here

Been on it for one month and my hair has deffo got worse, especially the hairline and behind my widows peak area. I am really starting to panic now.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Barry_Blue: no finasteride, minoxidil, or anything else? You're just on the shampoo? How often do you use it?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
considering the vast array of ingredients in revita (zinc, caffeine, ket, etc.) it's very possible that first tme users of the shampoo (w/ these ingredients) can experience a shed for a couple of reasons:

1) the shampoo is working and altering the hair growth cycle (shedding hairs that were programmed to shed anyway - but synching them up to shed simultaneously), or,

2) an individual has an aversion to one of the ingredients (most likely the zinc or the caffeine).

The pamphlet insert even states that shedding is a strong possibility.

The age old question though - is how long one is going to endure the shed before they realize the product is a detriment. Sheds differ per individual - but the classic shed shouldn't last for more than a few weeks. If you're going past a month and still shedding - I'd drop the product.

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
flimflam said:
Barry_Blue: no finasteride, minoxidil, or anything else? You're just on the shampoo? How often do you use it?

I would answer your question but I keep getting some sh*t about I'm trying to post spam and I haven't a clue what the keyword is!!!

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
2) an individual has an aversion to one of the ingredients (most likely the zinc or the caffeine).

If this is true we should have heard the same shed-stories from some Alpecin users?

Anyone else got good ideas why Revita cause so much shed? Shed is often connected with future success so...anyone experienced shed initially and later on regrowth?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Whyatt said:

If this is true we should have heard the same shed-stories from some Alpecin users?

We have - as well as zix users and H & S users - all of which contain zinc. Alpecin also contains zinc (in addition to the caffeine).

G

hair_tomorrow said:
considering the vast array of ingredients in revita (zinc, caffeine, ket, etc.) it's very possible that first tme users of the shampoo (w/ these ingredients) can experience a shed for a couple of reasons:

1) the shampoo is working and altering the hair growth cycle (shedding hairs that were programmed to shed anyway - but synching them up to shed simultaneously), or,

The pamphlet insert even states that shedding is a strong possibility.

The age old question though - is how long one is going to endure the shed before they realize the product is a detriment. Sheds differ per individual - but the classic shed shouldn't last for more than a few weeks. If you're going past a month and still shedding - I'd drop the product.

Good post Bruce.

The only problem I see is your last sentence. Since the normal head of hair will shed up to 100/day (and we have people posting frantically about shedding ~25 hairs), people are going to still see some hair falling out and see that their hair is still thin from the initial excessive shed, and then quit the product and lose the benefits it's going to give them from the regrowth.

The THINNING, as a result from the initial shed, could probably last up to a few months as the newer hairs start to regrow right?

I had this same experience when I first started to use Spectral DNC/minoxidil. I really did not even notice an excessive shed, just that I shed some hairs. When I realized the normal head can shed up to 100/day I really stopped paying attention to the hairs that would fall out. Though it took about 3-4 months before I noticed ANY increased density in my hair. I would expect the same from the Revita/NANO shampoo rotation I'm using.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow, zinc can make you shed?? I've just used head and shoulders, and it makes my scalp feel really wierd, kinda cool but kinda hot at the same time. Is that normal, or possibly a sign I have an aversion to zinc?

SnowRider22

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been shedding on Revita. The shed has lasted a while, but I am confident that good will result from it.

Sean68

Reaction score
its back to good ol' nizoral for me as of today. too many hairs in the shower and too little proof that all the extra stuff actually does anything. good luck to you guys who think the hairs are gonna come back but mine dont feel like
they will.

bs laboratories.

G

What do you plan on doing with your leftover Revita? If they warn about a shed, due to the product's ingredients, whynot just simply keep using it at least until you finish your bottle? Otherwise I'll take it! 8)

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on revita about 3 months and have had no increased shedding (or any other ill effects) whatsoever. In fact, my hair does seem a little thicker at the moment, but that could be the propecia.

Have been on propecia around 3.5 months and have had no increased shedding whatsoever with that either. Hair is feeling a little thicker, but that could be the Revita ;)

I guess some people probably stand a chance of increased shedding whatever product they are using. Equally, some people do not shed whatever they are using.

The title of this thread is going to attract "me too" posts.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
jambri said:
Been on revita about 3 months and have had no increased shedding (or any other ill effects) whatsoever. In fact, my hair does seem a little thicker at the moment, but that could be the propecia.

Have been on propecia around 3.5 months and have had no increased shedding whatsoever with that either. Hair is feeling a little thicker, but that could be the Revita ;)

I guess some people probably stand a chance of increased shedding whatever product they are using. Equally, some people do not shed whatever they are using.

The title of this thread is going to attract "me too" posts.

Id rather shed than not shed....

Sean68

Reaction score
ha theres not much left anyway.

it doesnt feel like a shed in that theres nothing coming in in its place its just
made it fall out quicker.

damn it was a bad move for me using that stuff.back to the drawing board. nanos next on my shopping list.

G

Sean68 said:
ha theres not much left anyway.

it doesnt feel like a shed in that theres nothing coming in in its place its just
made it fall out quicker.

Hair takes time to grow, even peach fuzz vellous. I mean logically what other reason would cause this stuff to induce a shed?

You should do a NANO/Revita rotation like I am. I actually view the shed as a good sign, like the minoxidil shed which followed with good results a few months later.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't like how my hair looks after shampooing with Revita... so I've stopped using it, and am just using my UnitedPharm 2% nizoral 3-4 week, and other shampoos on the off days.