Revita - Scared but holding on

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
Man dont you guys understand that if your shedding THAT MEANS ITS WORKING!! dont cut down now ..keep going 5 times a week..i still cant beleive a shampoo can do this lol.. I cant wait to get mine..

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
KiLLuMiNaTi said:
Do you think you would get results using it twice a week?

ehh...id stick to their recommendation.
yeah man think i will

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
KiLLuMiNaTi said:
Man dont you guys understand that if your shedding THAT MEANS ITS WORKING!! dont cut down now.

So can promise all guys here that all shed is good shed? Wow..that's a pretty brave promise.

:smoke:

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah i promise that wyhatt .. Now throw in your next two cents

G

Whyatt said:
KiLLuMiNaTi said:
Man dont you guys understand that if your shedding THAT MEANS ITS WORKING!! dont cut down now.

So can promise all guys here that all shed is good shed? Wow..that's a pretty brave promise.

:smoke:

whyatt is someone who pm'ed me asking me to waste a lot of time refuting his anti-propecia garbage.

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
whyatt is someone who pm'ed me asking me to waste a lot of time refuting his anti-propecia garbage.

Have you always been this aggressive/impolite or is it just the dutas?

If you interper my friendly approach as hostile and anti-propecish you need to get them glasses fixed bro..or whatever is behind them...seroiusly :p

G

Whyatt said:
JayMan said:

Have you always been this aggressive/impolite or is it just the dutas?

If you interper my friendly approach as hostile and anti-propecish you need to get them glasses fixed bro..or whatever is behind them...seroiusly :p

i have 20/20 thanks to PRK

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 33&start=0

But even with my old uncorrected vision, I could still see it.

You showed me a classic homepage that every anti-propecia newbie posts, with hundreds of comments talking about how propecia gave them man boobs or made their dick limp or whatever.

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope it went really well.

So if your vision isn't blurry...why did you interper me incorrectly?

To avoid the part where I could be confused with an anti-propecia newbie, I did point out that I wanted to discuss the information presented on that site with you, not auto-protect it.

This is kind of funny, when I created this thread

The admin from propeciahelp.com interpreted it as I was pro-propecia and answered with "Anyway, this thread is pointless, just another one looking to stir up more "you're a liar" vs "no I'm not!"

My goal is to understand WHY this happens to a few of all users. Is it bogus? is it facts? ..and to get as close to the truth as possible I need to approach people and talk with them, apparently your door was the wrong to knock on.

My journey countinues. Godspeed.

Pondle

Reaction score
Be careful with some of the studies cited by people on propeciahelp.com, Whyatt. The rat penile tissue study, for example, used HUGE doses far in excess of the 1mg or 5mg approved for humans. The Proscar and Propecia prescribing information gives you reliable information on finasteride's pharmacology, efficacy, interactions, adverse reactions etc etc. If any of the material in there is inaccurate Merck would face very serious legal consequences.

srbrook

Reaction score
After 3 weeks on it, combined with tricomin, I've been pleasantly surprised. I've adhered to the directions on the Revita bottle, using it 7 days a week, twice during my shower (1-2 minutes followed by 3-5). I can use a small amount to work up an excellent lather, and it "feels" like its working in a way that Nizoral mimics on a harsher level, without the additional anti-DHT properties and ingredients. I follow it up with a VERY liberal spraying of tricomin.

My hair now has more natural volume and thickness, including new hairline growth, although I'm not informed enough to classify what types of hairs they are yet. I recognize there's a category that are sporadic and unindicative, but they seem to genuinely point toward long term regrowth; and while I would probably attribute it more to the tricomin than the revita, as many have said "In the end, it's just a shampoo," but I think it's done a pretty damn good job as a compliment, and definitely has more of an independently positive effect than a Nizoral.

srbrook

Reaction score
I should have prefaced my comments by saying I'm in the early stages of my first ever hair loss treatment regimen (22 years old); therefore, I can't speak to its relative strength against similar products.

I came to Re-vita after some basic research, attracted to it ironically because of its LACK of minoxidil; my main concern is recession, and I didn't want to take a chance on the few endorsements some gave to a product like rogaine foam for that purpose. The more drastic shedding process involved with minoxidil. was also a consideration.

So I settled on Re-vita after a tossup with Re-vivogen. In another tossup, I chose Tricomin as a topical spray over Spectral. I've been on them for about 3 weeks now and have been very happy with the results. The only other component of my regimen is a healthy helping of vitamins and a LOT of skim milk, the latter which I give supreme importance to; obviously the skim gives you the protein/calcium without the cholesterol, and I honestly believe its played a crucial role in my recent success. In the same way I can feel soft drinks damaging the health of my hair while drinking them, the opposite applies for milk. It just seems like there's something unique in how the scalp reacts to protein received from milk.

When I slick my semi-wet hair back to check the progress, I can recognize what some may call shedding, but this contradicts the dried appearance and feel, which has given me tentative reassurance that- if it is shedding- it is positive; and to the point that I am now scared to alter my routine, with renewal orders in line very soon.

As always, take it as you may. Maybe my case is a better pitch for milk than anything else!

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I have noticed now in sunlight when I look at certain angles, I can see blond hair on where my hairline was 2 years ago. I can still see a hairline. I think Revita contributed to that. Most of the shedding are thin hairs and very few thick hairs. I think it's working.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
I've only been using it about a week or two but I'm already a fan of Revita. Hasn't really contributed to shedding yet, then again I was already going through one.
I really feel like the Revita has a soothing effect on my scalp (maybe the copper peptides?). Leaves my hair in very good condition too. I've noticed the skin on my hands seems a lot smoother after shampooing Revita too- wonder which ingredient is doing that.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
mulder said:
... I've noticed the skin on my hands seems a lot smoother after shampooing Revita too- wonder which ingredient is doing that.

probably the emu oil.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Min New York - great shampoo and a good contender for Revita.

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
For about a month and a half I was only using Revita and spironolactone and I was shedding like crazy. I'd never seen so many hairs on my pillow, so I stopped using Revita and the shedding dropped to a more reasonable level.

Having read some of the comments posted here, though, I'm starting to wonder if I should have stuck it out with Revita. What do you guys think? Should I get back on it? It just seemed really weird that a shampoo could cause such crazy shedding, so I got freaked out and stopped using the stuff.

Any advice would be appreciated....

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
Rambo: Yeah, there is supposed to be a shed, but it's only supposed to last for the first two weeks. I was on week 6 and still shedding -- and I'm not talking a little bit of shedding, but A LOT.

I dunno. I guess that could mean it's "working", but I wasn't expecting that from a shampoo.