Revita - Scared but holding on

jedimindtricks

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeaah I have been using Revita since March. I sheeded sooo much in the beggining, like 60 hairs a day, then after 2 weeks it stopped. I shampoo my hair 2-3 times a week because i need moisture for my curly hair, and i am not shedding at all. Like 10-20 hairs maybe now.

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
Well after the MAMMOTH shed Revita gave me I stopped using it for a fortnight. The shedding slowed down but then I paniced and like many on here, thought hey maybe I was shedding because it's working! So have started using it again, albeit twice a week instead of the recommended 5 and hey presto, the shedding's back and my hair looks more poo then ever!

I really can't explain this, nothing has ever made my hair shed, this is just a shampoo but man my hair really hates the stuff!

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed some shedding also- at first it made my hair look great, then, not so much- I'm backing down to every other day. I use Nano, Tricomin and just got some Prox-N, which I am too lazy to apply every day. Sure, it's a wimpy regimen, but my hair is still pretty full, just thinning diffusely. I'm hoping to nip this in the bud, so to speak. minoxidil makes my heart go boom boom, so that's out....

vq0

Established Member
Reaction score
isn't keto highly irritating, hence nizoral should only be used every few days. why is revita different?

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well, with that information, that's the end of my relationship with Revita shampoo. No way am I washing my head with that stuff 5 times a week, it's insane.

thanks for posting that email.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Rambo said:
Im not sure , Thats a good question though , When i used to use nizoral everyday my scalp would itch like crazy , But with revita my scalp doesnt itch too bad , Although it does itch a little , But i dont mind it if its gonna help my hair.. lol

niz1% wouldnt cause a problem for MOST people....2% i wouldnt go over 3x a week.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Rambo said:
yeah man , lol i should have listened to you and got nano indstead of having to go through this bullshit shed..

I think alternating nano and nizoral is a pretty good shampoo regimen. I may add a piroctone olamine shampoo in the near future.

vq0

Established Member
Reaction score
i wanna try min shampoo and a good po as well. The selection seems to be quite limited if you're looking for one that is sulfate free.

omgwtfbbq

Reaction score
I dunno... I use revita religiously, every day as a second shampoo (i rotate various other thickening/gentle shampoos that i have laying around) and leave it in for about 3 or 4 minutes...

and, combined with the rest of my regimen, SOMETHING is sure as heck working, and working rapidly. I'm really wishing I had taken pics in the beginning, but whatever.

Not positive it's the revita - but i like the shampoo, and I just now ordered my second bottle. if you look at my regimen link at the bottom of my post, you can see I've been using that single bottle for a really long time :).

at what, 25 dollars or so, not a bad deal. also, the gf says she thinks it smells nice and leaves my hair looking and feeling healthy.

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
I really don't know what to do about Revita now. I'm tempted to give it up for good but on paper it SOUNDS so good. I mean all those great ingredients.....!

Can anyone here say for sure Revita caused a shed and the hair grew back? Cos if that's the case with me it sure is taking a long time.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I really can't help - because I've been on Revita 5x weekly for 5.5 months now without a shed.

If we assume that a shed is actually a good thing (meaning the product is working) then maybe it's not working for me.

Or maybe I didn't undergo a shed because prior to revita I was using those individual ingredients (topical caffeine, zinc, emu, etc.) anway - and maybe my scalp and hair were already conditioned.

Or maybe I didn't undergo a shed because I've also been using tricomin therapy spray religiously (said to help avert or minmize shedding due to other products - although I really don't know how true that is).

This is just me - but if I were shedding on ony one product for more than 1 month - I'd give it it up and move on.

Hooterson

Reaction score
I've been using Revita 3-5 times/week since Feb 07, I shed to about the middle of June and things have finally started to thicken back up. Keep in mind I started DNC at the same time and have been using several products for about 5 to 6 years

I think Revita has been a great addition to my regimen, but it was a tough 3 to 4 months...

Hooterson

Reaction score
Rambo- if you're shedding that's PROBABLY a sign it is working, I highly doubt it's makin your hairloss worse...

It was 3 to 4 months for me....everyones different and I think your doing the right thing sticking with it

Good luck

MrSuccessful

Reaction score
I've been using Revita for about 4 months now. Experienced an initial shed but nothing major since then.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a big shed when I started it, but I think it's working. I just noticed some hairs on my right temple growing as well some on the left. My aunt who is a hairdresser noticed I've thickened up in the back. I have seem my hair overall thicker than compared to last year.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Rambo said:
DaSand said:
I had a big shed when I started it, but I think it's working. I just noticed some hairs on my right temple growing as well some on the left. My aunt who is a hairdresser noticed I've thickened up in the back. I have seem my hair overall thicker than compared to last year.
How long did it take your shed to finish?

Not too long, I can't exactly remember, but it's stopped back in May.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
March, I was paranoid too about the shed. Maybe when I used it, the hairs affected were in different growth phases. My mom said the crown was thickening up when I asked her to take a look at it.

autt86

Reaction score
I don’t understand why people are saying bad things about Revita, I’ve been using it for 2 month now and it’s great! At first I did notices a little shedding tho.

I use it everyday now and my hair is feels and looks at its best for along time.. thx to Revita I can dare say!

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I decided to take pictures for the 5 month mark and then at the one year mark to see if there's any progress.