Revita - Scared but holding on

omgwtfbbq

Reaction score
uhhh...

anyone that's going to throw it away - spend a few dollars and ship it to me instead. I love the stuff.

PM for my address. :)

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a theory on why Revita may not be working:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=41221

Basically I think it's possible that all that caffeine is blocking NO activity in the scalp and treatments like minoxidil. The theoretical solution is to add adenosine to your Revita.

I'm curious...can people list what effect Revita had for them and whether they've been using minoxidil at the same time.

Thanks

bubka

Reaction score
Davidoff said:
What a f****ing waste of 4 months of my life being paranoid because this stupid shampoo ruined my hair.
hmmm, and did anyone here ever even suggest it? did anyone here ever say they had results with it? NO

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My experience with Revita:

Maintenance, maybe a little bit of regrowth. Spring/revita shed was pretty bad, hair is fine (meaning good) now. I started late February. I did e-mail DS Labs suggesting they make a shampoo with no ketoconazole because it stays in medicinal quantities in your scalp for 3 days, and daily use makes your hair look like $#iT. Mind you, I wasn't adding hardly any oils back into my hair...maybe that would help a lot...I don't know.

I still use Revita alot, almost 5-6 days like I used to, but not that much....it's a good shampoo for hair loss I think, but I am going to stop using it when I am done because I am going to go veggie and I don't want emus being killed for my hair.

I plan on dropping Avodart too. Not going back to finasteride, except maybe for a little while. I think with all the wonderful posts michael barry, jacob, and docj077 have done for us I will be able to maintain my hair with mostly natural treatments, with the occasional use of ketoconazole to kick the $#iT out of sebum. (Ket totally makes your hair lifelifes so it must really do a number on sebum.) Honorable mention goes to CCS. Thanks for all your posts too, bud. Thanks to bcapop for bringing elsom research to my attention, and to LostWind for bringing my attention to the website http://www.rain-tree.com

I plan on using, as topicals:

retin-A a few days a week
licorice root extract
nettles
africana pygeum
loquat leaf extract (corosolic acid)
coal tar
curcumin
green tea a few days a week
grape seed extract a few days a week
borage seed oil
superoxide dismutase
GHK copper peptides
procyanadins (i'll figure out later which way to get these...blood of the dragon? mutamba bark? apple skins? maybe all 3)
peppermint oil
keratinocyte growth factor
ketoconazole 2-3 days a week

and some of these as internals too. I will get tested to see if I make equol by eating soy. DIM/I3C is something I will check out as an internal also.

These are just some of the things off the top of my head. I don't have the money for this stuff yet so I'm still popping pills. (Avodart..which is about to run out...I'll get some propecia or proscar soon.)

There were some hair loss pills from http://www.rain-tree.com, I'll prolly pop those too.

Rudy Giulliani is still a baby murderer but this site is great, from a technological standpoint, so I'm back. (I took a prolonged hiatus because this website endorsed him...not that anyone really cares.) I still like Ron Paul, but Mike Huckabee seems like a great man.

I won't be making any loser posts anymore. It's just about the science. I'll try to take some pics to show my progress before and after my non-finasteride/Avo treatment. Anything that fucks up how your jizz looks is probably $#iT when it comes to making healthy babies. I don't care what anyone says, the 10,000 or so men tested or whatever (if it's even that high) doesn't mean $#iT. I play the lottery to win money, I shouldn't be playing the win a birth defect lottery with my offspring. Even a 1 in a million chnace is too much.

Mind you, if I lose my hair with my planned treatments, I'll get back on dutasteride or finasteride. But I will get off it any time I plan on having sex. Yep, hair loss sucks. Have a nice evening/day.

FC

Durandel

Reaction score
Hmmm. I've been using Propecia for years. I hadn't really shed significantly for ages; I'd notice the odd hair in the bath occasionally but that was about it.

I've just started a campaign to get my hair back. I've been using Spectral DNC and Revita for about 3 weeks now. I started shedding after a couple of days; the lost hair is clearly visible in the bath. I have never shed this much before and have already noticed that my thinning areas are more visible - to me, anyway. The lost hairs seem to vary in quality, though there only seem to be a few decent ones in there (I might just be being overly hopeful).

Given the time it takes for minoxidil to work (I'd done some homework) the obvious culprit was Revita. I've been using Revita as directed once or twice a day. I have not had any other side eftects, and as a shampoo it seems OK. The instructions warn of 2 weeks shed, but the shedding still seems constant after 3 so I've done bit of checking online today. This confirmed my suspisions and has left me worried.

Strong shedding with Revita seems to be a common problem, and the standard response by users seems to be to reduce frequency of use. However, in an email response from DS Labs obtained by someone on a different forum (I can't find it at the moment but I'll look again later) they clearly stated that using it less than 5 times a week would seriously compromise the potential benefits. Therefore reducing the dose might prolong shedding, albeit at reduced levels, while preventing/slowing any recovery.

It's hard for me to understand how a shampoo so heavily equipped to combat hair loss could actually cause it. I also undertood that treatment based shedding of finer hars is generally considered to be an encouraging sign. That said, most of the feedback I've seen has been negative or indifferent. There has been no strong praise for Revita at all.

I reckon I'll continue using it at my current rate until the bottle is finished. I think it's worth giving this product a fair go. If my shedding stops before the bottle is empty then I'll replace it and continue. If not, or if I experience any other problems in the meantime, I will stop. I'll post my progress here for others to see.

Britannia

Reaction score
In my opinion, Revita is nothing more than a hyped up over priced replica of Nizoral. Shouldnt think it as effective, and dont be fooled by the extra ingredients. For example the copper peptides are in such low concentrations they cant possibly have a noticable effect. Even the makers of Tricomin admit the use of copper peptides in their own shampoo is unlikely to help on its own. Stick with Nizoral.

G

Durandel said:
Hmmm. I've been using Propecia for years. I hadn't really shed significantly for ages; I'd notice the odd hair in the bath occasionally but that was about it.

I've just started a campaign to get my hair back. I've been using Spectral DNC and Revita for about 3 weeks now. I started shedding after a couple of days; the lost hair is clearly visible in the bath. I have never shed this much before and have already noticed that my thinning areas are more visible - to me, anyway. The lost hairs seem to vary in quality, though there only seem to be a few decent ones in there (I might just be being overly hopeful).

Given the time it takes for minoxidil to work (I'd done some homework) the obvious culprit was Revita. I've been using Revita as directed once or twice a day. I have not had any other side eftects, and as a shampoo it seems OK. The instructions warn of 2 weeks shed, but the shedding still seems constant after 3 so I've done bit of checking online today. This confirmed my suspisions and has left me worried.

Strong shedding with Revita seems to be a common problem, and the standard response by users seems to be to reduce frequency of use. However, in an email response from DS Labs obtained by someone on a different forum (I can't find it at the moment but I'll look again later) they clearly stated that using it less than 5 times a week would seriously compromise the potential benefits. Therefore reducing the dose might prolong shedding, albeit at reduced levels, while preventing/slowing any recovery.

It's hard for me to understand how a shampoo so heavily equipped to combat hair loss could actually cause it. I also undertood that treatment based shedding of finer hars is generally considered to be an encouraging sign. That said, most of the feedback I've seen has been negative or indifferent. There has been no strong praise for Revita at all.

I reckon I'll continue using it at my current rate until the bottle is finished. I think it's worth giving this product a fair go. If my shedding stops before the bottle is empty then I'll replace it and continue. If not, or if I experience any other problems in the meantime, I will stop. I'll post my progress here for others to see.

Did DS Labs claim that a "revita shed" is a good sign such as a Rogaine shed? Sorry, but I don´t buy it. That shampoo is obviously very agressive stuff if it causes a shed to so many of us. I wouldn´t use it if you paid me money.

Durandel

Reaction score
Actually I've sent a list of questions to DS Labs regarding Revita, and I'll post the answers here when I get them.

I appreciate what you're both saying. Having read the comments of others I'm agree that Revita probably isn't a good product. It's a damn shame because if half the crap, weedy super-fine hairs I've shed were to grow back as proper hairs then I wouldn't have a hair loss problem. Since I've already gone a fair way down the road I may as well tough it out a little longer and see what happens - but I'm not hopefull.

Still, I've still got my Spectral DNC, Propecia (Generic), the Hairmax Lasercomb and various supplements. Hope springs eternal. Unlike my hair.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
I have seen this post grow and grow..And I wonder..Are their any positive users of Revita at all?
Many of you guys must have researched other forums and seen if anyone is positive about it

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
From what I can gather . . .

1/2 of all users really don't like it for one reason or another (too drying, major long lasting sheds . . .);

The other 1/2 do like it, and the way it leaves and conditions their hair;

1 user said that it might be helping w/ regrowth - but he couldn't be sure.

(Personally, I'm in the 2nd category).

Iowaya

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
From what I can gather . . .

1/2 of all users really don't like it for one reason or another (too drying, major long lasting sheds . . .);

The other 1/2 do like it, and the way it leaves and conditions their hair;

1 user said that it might be helping w/ regrowth - but he couldn't be sure.

(Personally, I'm in the 2nd category).

I'm in between those categories. It has made my hair look like absolute crap, (shedding), but it has made my hair soft, and it seems to help make it grow faster, not sure though. I've been using it since August, so roughly four months.

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
ive quit revita recently i was on it for 6 months and it made my hair look like sh*t.Does anyone know how long the sheded hairs from revita will take to grow back now that ive stopped?

Iowaya

Reaction score
Toyboy said:
how long did it take for your hair to come back after stopping revita?

For what it's worth, it seems my hair is starting to get better now. I started in early August, so four months for me. Keep in mind that I'm letting my hair grow now, so it might be that I'm just used to a shaved head and think my hair is better than it used to be.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I've heard tell that Revita has been reformulized somewhat - with higher dose percentages of the ingredients. I still have a few months worth of the original stock - but those buying new bottles these days should note a difference (except for the actual bottle :)

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
I was one of the people that couldn't stand Revita in the beginning. But I stuck it out for a loooong couple of months, and I'm glad I did because I realized that my hatred was very misplaced. After I dumped Rogaine Foam and buzzed my hair to about 1/8 of an inch because of the damage, I decided to keep with the Revita -mainly because I had almost a full bottle and, well... I'm cheap.

My hair has grown back amazingly, and I love the way Revita makes my scalp feel. Are the people that still hate it using minoxidil?? I wonder if it's reacting with it just slightly enough to go undetected, but enough to increase shedding and make your hair thin...

Anyway, obviously we all react differently to different things, but I really like it now and I'm sorry I ever dissed it. Plus the fact that one bottle lasts me like 5 months is great. I recently bought emu oil shampoo from longview just because it used to be my favorite and I wanted to compare them since my Revita is about out, and actually I'm quite happy using BOTH (the emu oil shampoo first and Revita second). My scalp gets a little drier and more sensitive to alcohol in my topicals this time of year, and the pure emu shampoo does a better job of hydrating it.

Whatever I end up using though, I freaking CRINGE thinking about going back to store-bought commercial brands because of the way they used to make my scalp feel. It's nice to use something that makes it feel GOOD for a change.

omgwtfbbq

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
I've heard tell that Revita has been reformulized somewhat - with higher dose percentages of the ingredients. I still have a few months worth of the original stock - but those buying new bottles these days should note a difference (except for the actual bottle :)

any confirmation on this?

Granted, I just started a new bottle that I've had under the sink for a month, but I'd love to check to see if this is a "new improved" version. I really like the stuff.

Iowaya

Reaction score
omgwtfbbq said:
hair_tomorrow said:

any confirmation on this?

Granted, I just started a new bottle that I've had under the sink for a month, but I'd love to check to see if this is a "new improved" version. I really like the stuff.

Bump, I'd like to know as well. I got my newest bottle about one-two months ago. I'm guessing it's the old version? Although, it did come wrapped in plastic, my first bottle did not.

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Iowaya said:
Toyboy said:

For what it's worth, it seems my hair is starting to get better now. I started in early August, so four months for me. Keep in mind that I'm letting my hair grow now, so it might be that I'm just used to a shaved head and think my hair is better than it used to be.
it took your hair 4 months to come back after revita destroyed it?

Iowaya

Reaction score
Toyboy said:
Iowaya said:
Toyboy said:

it took your hair 4 months to come back after revita destroyed it?

Basically, yes. My hair looks better now four months after using it then it did during my big revita shed, this is just me though, I'm sure everyone is different. I'm just saying stick with it, mine got better, in fact my hair is better now than before, some parts of my temples are to thick to see the scalp, it must be helping something.