Revita - Scared but holding on

G

I have a question Rambo. Do you follow the directions and shampoo for 1 minute then re-apply and leave in 5 minutes? I'm not sure I buy that personally, I'm wondering if I should wash with something else then apply Revita and leave in, etc. Sounds like they want you to use it up fast, does it really matter if you wash twice with it?

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
Davenman86 >> You don't use finasteride?! OMG!!!!!!
....just kidding :lol:

I think you have a good point. A lot of products can probably be used slightly different then the manual says without any dramatic decrease in effectively..on the other hand, applying topicals the right way is also very important.

What is the main reason for the 1 minute prewash round according to DS LABS?

G

Sean68 said:
so you use more of it.

Exactly what I thought.

Oh, and Whyatt, I am going to try finasteride again, I'm mainly just pissed there aren't side effect free treatments that aren't 99 bucks. My Finpecia should be arriving sooonn.......

So, bottom line, maybe wash with one shampoo (not Rev) to get scalp free of crap then use Revita?? Thoughts?/

CCS

Reaction score
Whyatt said:

you need a clean scalp to absorb. Dirt and oil will get in the. But pre-wash with a cheaper shampoo. Baby shampoo is cheap, but might not clean well enough. I'll look and see how bad the ingredients in VO5 is. Maybe I'll pre-wash with that. I'll also add a little propylene glycol to my shampoo.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Whyatt said:

you need a clean scalp to absorb. Dirt and oil will get in the. But pre-wash with a cheaper shampoo. Baby shampoo is cheap, but might not clean well enough. I'll look and see how bad the ingredients in VO5 is. Maybe I'll pre-wash with that. I'll also add a little propylene glycol to my shampoo.

I recently noticed that there's some shampoos out there that contain strong doses of salicylic acid. Denorex Dandruff Control shampoo actually is 3% salicylic acid. What do you think about using this as a prewash shampoo?
Here's the list of ingredients in the Denorex:

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (3%)

Inactive Ingredients: Cocamidopropyl Betaine, D&C Red 33, D&C Yellow 10, FD&C Blue 1, FD&C Yellow 6, Fragrance, Glycol Distearate, Menthol, Panthenol, Polyquaternium 10, PPG 2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Citrate, Vitamin E Acetate

Doesn't seem to contain SLS or Zinc which is good.

Presumably the acid would increase absorption of the ingredients in the Revita. How long would you need to leave the Denorex on to get a substantial absorption improvement effect? Would 5 minutes be enough? Would leaving this, or Revita for that matter, on for say 15 minutes or so be too damaging to the hair. I assume it can't be that bad since people seem to be leaving strong doses of Retin-A on their hair and scalp for hours before rinsing it off.

Also any thoughts on the effectiveness of salicylic acid versus retin-a? Is retin-a really that much better?

Thanks again

CCS

Reaction score
No, I don't use revita. It is too expensive. And I'm too cheap.

I'll use it though if you mail me some for free.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rambo said:
No, I don't use revita. It is too expensive. And I'm too cheap.

I'll use it though if you mail me some for free.
Why not make your own Revita with one of your bullshit concoctions?

Harsh but funny :lol:

Revita is not expensive when you consider that one bottle, if used carefully (i.e., don't just splash loads of it on), can last for months.

And by the time you've paid for the ingredients for some home-brewed shampoo, including shipping, handling etc., you might as well have bought some Revita, no...?

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Rambo said:
Yes indeed , Revita lathers up so easy aswell , You dont have to use hardly any of it , Especially if you have short hair.

I agree even if you're using it as instructed, 10 times a week 2x daily, it should still last about a couple of months at least. If you're using another shampoo for a prewash, then Revita should be costing you less than $100 a year...not too bad IMO.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
mulder said:
Whyatt said:

I recently noticed that there's some shampoos out there that contain strong doses of salicylic acid. Denorex Dandruff Control shampoo actually is 3% salicylic acid. What do you think about using this as a prewash shampoo?
Here's the list of ingredients in the Denorex:

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (3%)

Inactive Ingredients: Cocamidopropyl Betaine, D&C Red 33, D&C Yellow 10, FD&C Blue 1, FD&C Yellow 6, Fragrance, Glycol Distearate, Menthol, Panthenol, Polyquaternium 10, PPG 2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Citrate, Vitamin E Acetate

Doesn't seem to contain SLS or Zinc which is good.

Presumably the acid would increase absorption of the ingredients in the Revita. How long would you need to leave the Denorex on to get a substantial absorption improvement effect? Would 5 minutes be enough? Would leaving this, or Revita for that matter, on for say 15 minutes or so be too damaging to the hair. I assume it can't be that bad since people seem to be leaving strong doses of Retin-A on their hair and scalp for hours before rinsing it off.

Also any thoughts on the effectiveness of salicylic acid versus retin-a? Is retin-a really that much better?

Thanks again

nada?

CCS

Reaction score
stampede said:
And by the time you've paid for the ingredients for some home-brewed shampoo, including shipping, handling etc., you might as well have bought some Revita, no...?

Wrong. I can get 20oz of baby shampoo for under $3 at the grocery store, and I have 100g of GTE I paid $9 for when I ordered my other supplements. That is all I need. So cheap I use it as a body wash too.

Revita is 6oz for $40.

G

I wonder if Castile soap with typical old wives tale treatements inside would work for a pre-wash. I have a bottle I made with rosemary, msm, sage, nettle leaves, and licorice root. If anything the Castile soap is made from olive oil I believe, and will do nothing bad to your hair.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Whenever I have been without shampoo (a few camping trips, etc) and had to use hand soap in my hair, it always left TONS of buildup on my hair strands.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
stampede said:

Wrong. I can get 20oz of baby shampoo for under $3 at the grocery store, and I have 100g of GTE I paid $9 for when I ordered my other supplements. That is all I need. So cheap I use it as a body wash too.

Revita is 6oz for $40.
I think you missed a "C" in your CCS name (CCCS/cheap college chemestry student). :lol:

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I started Revita last week and I noticed a shed almost straight away and that my hair feels very thin now, I am a little worried about this but I reckon I should stick it out, I am using three times a week.

holly

Reaction score
I've been on Revita for 5 months and my hair has never looked worse. I'm not 100% sure it's the Revita, as I had a bad shed in the first 3 months of this year from going off the pill and dropping my spironolactone. (I'm a girl.)

It's certainly not helping me regrow anything or even maintain. I think I'm going to bail and go back to Nizoral. Sucks, because I have 2 full bottles of the Revita left. :(

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score