Replicel Update - Oct. 22, 2014 Presentation

trunks

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've got couple of questions connected with Replicel method.

1) Will those DSC cells interact with all DP cells on the head or with only "broken" ones?

2) If androgen receptors are located at DP cells than how those DSC cells help the situation if theirs background is already miniaturized?

3) It wont be permanent solution due to the fact that DP cells remains unchanged? :(

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've noticed that the individual at Replicel that answers Facebook question's either is withholding information or doesn't know about Shiseido's possibilities with Japan's new legislation. Replicel's social media person just replied with this:

Shiseido has not yet announced the start of their trial. You are correct in stating that Japan has initiated new legislation around the regulatory pathway for regenerative medicine. We have yet to see exactly how it would affect Shiseido's trial.

Perhaps we should reach out to Shiseido directly?

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've got couple of questions connected with Replicel method.

1) Will those DSC cells interact with all DP cells on the head or with only "broken" ones?

2) If androgen receptors are located at DP cells than how those DSC cells help the situation if theirs background is already miniaturized?

3) It wont be permanent solution due to the fact that DP cells remains unchanged? :(
We are not scientist here. Most of the members here knows only little about medicine science, so if you like to know some answers you should ask Replicel directly on their Facebook or Twitter page or maybe you can mail them, but i dont know if they will ever answer you.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

According to Replicel, both.

David Hall stated that DSC cells control the dermal papilla. If that is true, we should be fine.

If it's not permanent, just go for further injections. However, if it means anything, Aderan's was able to permanently halt any further loss with DP cells.

trunks

Reaction score
Thank you for the answers, hoping that they would make it. Existence of androgen resistant hair follicles at the back is really helpful than.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If it's not permanent, just go for further injections. However, if it means anything, Aderan's was able to permanently halt any further loss with DP cells.

how come they didn't market their treatment? if it works better than finasteride then it would effectively be a cure for many male pattern baldness sufferers

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
how come they didn't market their treatment? if it works better than finasteride then it would effectively be a cure for many male pattern baldness sufferers

We don't know if its a cure or a treatment, we have no idea what happens with the injections beyond 6 months or 12 months. Hair Transplants are 100% completely after over 12 months with fully developed follicles. Replicel is supposed to revive and create NEW follicles... I wouldn't expect results to come in that fast from Replicel. What's ridiculous is that they ONLY have data at the 6 month mark, thats it.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We don't know if its a cure or a treatment, we have no idea what happens with the injections beyond 6 months or 12 months. Hair Transplants are 100% completely after over 12 months with fully developed follicles. Replicel is supposed to revive and create NEW follicles... I wouldn't expect results to come in that fast from Replicel. What's ridiculous is that they ONLY have data at the 6 month mark, thats it.

oh i was talking about aderans

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
oh i was talking about aderans

Oh... well, Aderans got screwed by the corporate pigs at the top of the company, they preferred to sell wigs than go further with the trials. Had they gone on, we could have had an approved treatment by next month and then however long necessary to bring it to clinics.

It's ridiculous, the whole industry has completely trolled us.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh... well, Aderans got screwed by the corporate pigs at the top of the company, they preferred to sell wigs than go further with the trials. Had they gone on, we could have had an approved treatment by next month and then however long necessary to bring it to clinics.

It's ridiculous, the whole industry has completely trolled us.
Got screwed or they just failed with the results? I think its the second one. If you have good product who gives very good results nobody cant stop you and everyone will like to invest in you, because your product gives good results. Probably they have only poor results and makes excuses.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got screwed or they just failed with the results? I think its the second one. If you have good product who gives very good results nobody cant stop you and everyone will like to invest in you, because your product gives good results. Probably they have only poor results and makes excuses.

Their results were pretty good, basically allowed individuals to regain 1-2 norwoods and fully halt further loss. I'd pay quite lot for that... unfortunately, investors didnt make much of that and they pulled all their funding. Therefor, trolls. I'm surprised though how Ken Washenik didn't have a Plan B for funding... sigh.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
And in other news, your hopes and dreams have been postponed indefinately.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Their results were pretty good, basically allowed individuals to regain 1-2 norwoods and fully halt further loss. I'd pay quite lot for that... unfortunately, investors didnt make much of that and they pulled all their funding. Therefor, trolls. I'm surprised though how Ken Washenik didn't have a Plan B for funding... sigh.
Probably because Aderans didnt give enough good results to attract money from companies and to start phase2. They dont give money to something that actually gives poor results. Today we live in global world where informations are spread with light speed and no one can lie you today.

On other side Histogen have very good product almost near to cure, but that product have risk for cancer.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Probably because Aderans didnt give enough good results to attract money from companies and to start phase2. They dont give money to something that actually gives poor results. Today we live in global world where informations are spread with light speed and no one can lie you today.

On other side Histogen have very good product almost near to cure, but that product have risk for cancer.

if what hellouser says is true, the results from aderans substantially exceeds what finasteride, minoxidil and anything else on the market can give you. Aren't those products like a billion dollar industry? it seems incredibly stupid that they would choose to close it down, waste all their time and funding when they could have capitalised on a product that while not perfect, would still become the best option on the market

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
if what hellouser says is true, the results from aderans substantially exceeds what finasteride, minoxidil and anything else on the market can give you. Aren't those products like a billion dollar industry? it seems incredibly stupid that they would choose to close it down, waste all their time and funding when they could have capitalised on a product that while not perfect, would still become the best option on the market

You have to stand in awe at how incredibly fvcking stupid some of these investors are. Puretech Ventures got 55 million dollars in funding but we haven't heard anything about Follica getting a slice of that money when Cotsarelis said 2 million dollars would bring forward a treatment better than Finasteride/minoxidil and 20 million would bring a full cure. So what the FVCK are they doing with Follica? The whole damn industry has made a complete mockery out of bald men. 4 years ago Dr. Lauster said within 5 years we could have a cure (lol, 5 years) and that plans for human trials were already under way.... Well, its been almost that length of time and they've done fvck all with trials and all of us are balder, uglier and more disrespected by society than we've ever been.

God damn, what a fvcking JOKE this disease has become.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hellouser's world explained:

• all scientists are so stupid
  • all investors are so stupid
  • the whole world is in a conspiracy to "mock baldies"
  • hellouser is the only smart person who would totally do a better job than all the researchers and investors, even though he doesn't have even the slightest clue about these things
I'm really wondering, if you are so smart and they are all so stupid, why don't you just single-handedly solve these problems?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
hellouser's world explained:

• all scientists are so stupid
  • all investors are so stupid
  • the whole world is in a conspiracy to "mock baldies"
  • hellouser is the only smart person who would totally do a better job than all the researchers and investors, even though he doesn't have even the slightest clue about these things
I'm really wondering, if you are so smart and they are all so stupid, why don't you just single-handedly solve these problems?

Apologist hard at work.

trunks

Reaction score
My assumption is that Aderans and Intercytex sadly just didnt make it.

Because if they had introduced even slightly more efficient treatment than FUE, there would be many Hollywood stars and rich people willing to pay astronomical amounts of money for that.

No one drops the posibility to earn money today.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
My assumption is that Aderans and Intercytex sadly just didnt make it.

Because if they had introduced even slightly more efficient treatment than FUE, there would be many Hollywood stars and rich people willing to pay astronomical amounts of money for that.

No one drops the posibility to earn money today.

Read me previous comments. They did have a treatment. Wasn't a cure, but it was effective. You'd have to ask the investors what made them initially support the work only to drop it just before starting Phase III trials.

Mind boggling.