Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel will cash out a lot in mid-2020 when they will release their dermal injector.
And we're probably, and sadly, gonna have to wait until then to get our results

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
it wouldn't make any sense to completely scrap this since they have opened an entire research laboratory. if anything they weren't satisfied enough with the results and will do further research. its not like this is something that goes away, stem cell research is still in the early stages and they have invested so much already. its even on their website. so worst case is they will do more research and maybe one more study

its not like they are sitting there "well that only gave minor regrowth lets just throw this stem cell regeneration thing into the trash"

The facility is theirs and they can use it for basically whatever they want. Building it wasn't a waste.

But the most interesting for the researchers is of course, why some lose density from the treatment and others increase in density. And that might be what is keeping them behind and trying to understand the mechanism of it all.

It was explained by RepliCel when they released the data that there was a storage/handling f*** up that compromised the one guy's treatment. So there's no mystery.

It is possible that this was indeed scrapped. The last treatment that could do this was.

I'm not saying that I necessarily think that's what happened or didn't happen here, but like...we need to be honest with ourselves about these things — if the test didn't offer superior results than RepliCels, then there are reasons to jettison it from a business standpoint.

• The market is, and always has been, in growing new hair.
• Two technologies will be available over the next two years that can do that, and with superior results to RepliCel's phase 1
• If they had a real winner and money-maker on their hands, they wouldn't hesitate to launch this, regardless of bickering with RepliCel

For each month that will tick by in 2020, it will be less and less likely that this is a greenlight. The hold up IS getting a bit suspicious at this point.

They have had plenty of time by now to get those results evaluated, shared with RepliCel, and then proceed to make money with a revolutionary new solution to men with hairloss.

The fact that they don't seem to be doing that, after months, with major competitor launches just around the corner, does suggest things aren't looking good for it.

But, it's also possible that there is some other reason for the delay.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The facility is theirs and they can use it for basically whatever they want. Building it wasn't a waste.

It was explained by RepliCel when they released the data that there was a storage/handling f*** up that compromised the one guy's treatment. So there's no mystery.

The fact that they don't seem to be doing that, after months, with major competitor launches just around the corner, does suggest things aren't looking good for it.

Didn't know about the handling of the treatment was the root cause of bad results, there are 3 people who lost hair during the trail, so those people was exposed to bad handling? is there some form of link to that story?

But if it holds up to Replicel strategy of having their injector to be a "package deal" to the treatment, then even if we had the results now, i don't think it would accelerate the launch date anyways.

But of course time will tell, if there is going to be an official statement or there would be a future leak of behind the scenes.

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It is possible that this was indeed scrapped. The last treatment that could do this was.

I'm not saying that I necessarily think that's what happened or didn't happen here, but like...we need to be honest with ourselves about these things — if the test didn't offer superior results than RepliCels, then there are reasons to jettison it from a business standpoint.

• The market is, and always has been, in growing new hair.
• Two technologies will be available over the next two years that can do that, and with superior results to RepliCel's phase 1
• If they had a real winner and money-maker on their hands, they wouldn't hesitate to launch this, regardless of bickering with RepliCel

For each month that will tick by in 2020, it will be less and less likely that this is a greenlight. The hold up IS getting a bit suspicious at this point.

They have had plenty of time by now to get those results evaluated, shared with RepliCel, and then proceed to make money with a revolutionary new solution to men with hairloss.

Two technologies will be available over the next two years that can do that, and with superior results to RepliCel's phase 1

What technologies are those?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Two technologies will be available over the next two years that can do that, and with superior results to RepliCel's phase 1

What technologies are those?

Tsuji and Follica.

If products are on the market that can provide regrowth superior to RCH-01, and in Follica's case, definitely at lower prices than FUEs, and the technology to grow new hair from cells is a thing — it will make little sense for them to continue since the former beats them results-wise and the latter is a more attractive pursuit from a technological standpoint and is kind of their end goal anyway.

The fact that what they have now still has utility and value on its own will likely be of no concern to them — just like it wasn't with Aderans.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji and Follica.

If products are on the market that can provide regrowth superior to RCH-01, and in Follica's case, definitely at lower prices than FUEs, and the technology to grow new hair from cells is a thing — it will make little sense for them to continue since the former beats them results-wise and the latter is a more attractive pursuit from a technological standpoint and is kind of their end goal anyway.

The fact that what they have now still has utility and value on its own will likely be of no concern to them — just like it wasn't with Aderans.

You really think Tsuji will be available soon after Follica? (Even if it’s a price point not feasible for the majority)

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You really think Tsuji will be available soon after Follica? (Even if it’s a price point not feasible for the majority)

With Japan's expedited stem cell laws, and the two trials of the respective companies poised to take place very close together, I'd actually say it's possible Tsuji could hit the market before Follica.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dialogue of the deaf.

None knows. Speculating is waisting your own time and rubbing salt on the psychological wounds.

Wait and see. If anything happens, you can be sure it will be posted on this thread.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I really hope this does make it to market if it can turn vellus hairs terminal. Follica can almost give a full head of vellus hair. If Replicel can turn those hairs terminal then the combination would nearly be a cure.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dialogue of the deaf.

None knows. Speculating is waisting your own time and rubbing salt on the psychological wounds.

Wait and see. If anything happens, you can be sure it will be posted on this thread.

No, logical inferences of what will likely happen can be made on presently available information and history. They're also important to understand when following developments if you are actually concerned with following the technology and discussing it.

This thing you're doing, which a lot of people do, is just anti-intellectualism designed to try and shut down conversations that are either beyond your own understanding, don't give you that morphine drip, or both.

This is not a "news" bulletin; if that's what you're here for, setup an RSS feed or join official company newsletters. This is a forum where people discuss developing hairloss technologies. That means all relevant info, and yes — speculation around them. Not just whatever you want to hear.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have been here for a year now and what i learned has made me realize that tsuji will most definitely not be "one the market" in the next 10 years

I will agree on that. As long as we have no proof of concept on humans, then we are still far away.

The technology is developing, around the concept like Tsuji is doing in form of 3D tissue printing, but we only have mouse model and no one tested it out on humans yet.

If Tsuji did start next year then maybe i could believe in the 10 year timeline, but as long as we have no proof of concept in humans, we are looking at a timeline that says its never going to happen.

Especially when thinking about their delay with 7 years for the supply chain, and who knows how many delays more would come if they discover new changes.

Replicel have been underway for many years too. And I could imagine that Tsuji also needs to do a multiple year long tests to see if the hairs keep on being in a cycle of if they also stop within a short amount of time, and then, if they haven't solved the problem. like if you need to do the procedure every 6 months - 2 years or so and with a price tag in the high end, its not going to be feasible for the average consumer at all.

And as a high density study did show, there need to be blood flow to all the new hairs, if not then the procedure won't help, and they achieved to keep 7 out of 10 new hairs in a +200 hair follicle 1 cm2 hair density with renewed blood flow. think about the loss of hair with a weak or no blood flow to the new follicles!

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think blood flow is a problem as it’s none with conventional hair transplant either. I just want to see it on a human

"Hair induction in HSCs grafted onto mice
Four to five weeks after grafting our vascularized HSCs at a high follicle density of 255 HF per cm2 onto immunodeficient nude mice, we observed substantial hair growth in the grafts, whereas the HSCs prepared with FB aggregates did not induce hair formation (Fig. 5a, b). In the grafting experiments, we used ten mice per condition. Our vascularization strategy enabled the survival of seven out of ten grafts, both for HSCs prepared with DPCs as well as FBs as a negative control. Grafts from four out of these seven mice successfully generated human HFs, whereas none of the seven mice in the FB control experiment induced hair formation"

The study says otherwise if you don't have a good enough vascularization for the new follicles

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji and Follica.

I totally disagree.

What we have now doesn't even guarantee 100% of people will stop hair loss, let alone grow any new hair. Plus, the use of minoxidil is messy and a little inconvenient and there is risk of sides with every other treatment available now and you have to keep using what we have now every day for the rest of your life, except hair transplants.

If Replicel can stop hair loss in 100% of patients plus grow a little new hair without any sides then I think it will find a place in today's marketplace, especially considering that once the injections are administered you don't need to keep using it daily like other treatments.

Last edited:

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
With Japan's expedited stem cell laws, and the two trials of the respective companies poised to take place very close together, I'd actually say it's possible Tsuji could hit the market before Follica.

Yes and Replicel is on fire, oh but also it could be dead in the water. Follica is poised for imminent release, unless of course it’s not close at all and Tsuji will be first. It’s all in the Brotzu FAQ I wrote. Just look at that, then it’s clear.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I totally disagree.

What we have now doesn't even guarantee 100% of people will stop hair loss, let alone grow any new hair. Plus, the use of minoxidil is messy and a little inconvenient and there is risk of sides with every other treatment available now and you have to keep using what we have now every day for the rest of your life, except hair transplants.

If Replicel can stop hair loss in 100% of patients plus grow a little new hair without any sides then I think it will find a place in today's marketplace, especially considering that once the injections are administered you don't need to keep using it daily like other treatments.

Tell us more about how Aderans' technology that did the exact same thing is on the market right now.

Yes and Replicel is on fire, oh but also it could be dead in the water. Follica is poised for imminent release, unless of course it’s not close at all and Tsuji will be first. It’s all in the Brotzu FAQ I wrote. Just look at that, then it’s clear.

Sure, you annoying Crytpojew f**

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
I think at this point, we only have CB and Samumed that might actually be released for Androgenetic Alopecia in the next 3-4 years. Everything else is a 50/50 and most likely at least 5-10 years away if it does make it to market. And that's a big if.

• Follica has been a year away since 2012.
  • Replicel's technology has been in animal and human trials since 2009 and we are still unsure if it will ever be released.
  • Histogen has been one year away from release since 2013.
  • Tsuji will require substantial trials and modifications before it's ready for prime time.
  • Aderans research institute has been liquidated.
  • Dr Lauster's TissUse is yet to show a single photo of human hair grown on a human skin model using their microchip technology.
  • All the prostaglandin analogue trials failed to produce statistically significant hair.
  • Follicum's peptide therapy was barely better than placebo, albeit results from Phase IIB are yet to be announced.
Here's a fun fact many members might not know. CB was first synthesised in 2001. It was theorised that it may be beneficial for Androgenetic Alopecia in 2002. The current pipeline timeline estimates it to be released in 2021. That's a whopping 20 years. Mind blowing when you think about it.

Tsujis organ germ model and ground breaking paper were also published in 2012. I highly doubt Tsuji will be available to the public before 2028. They will be under huge scrutiny to prove safety before getting approved for market release. And that's if their model is flawless and doesn't require going back to the drawing board which is highly unlikely.

Last edited:

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica has been a year away since 2012

No, it hasn't

Replicel's technology has been in animal and human trials since 2009 and we are still unsure if it will ever be released.

The technology has only been in the hands of Shiseido for a short while.

Whether it will be released is a valid question. Could it be released very soon if successful? Yes

Histogen has been one year away from release since 2013.

Nobody cares about them and they ruined their credibility years ago. Actually, they ruined it from the inception with trialing the product in shithole, 3rd-world countries with no standards.

Tsuji will require substantial trials and modifications before it's ready for prime time.

No it won't. They have maintained since 2016 that they intend to release it under conditional approval laws in Japan, of which they only need their forthcoming trial, set to begin in a few months.

Like, this is a "it works well or it doesn't" type of deal

CB was first synthesised in 2001. It was theorised that it may be beneficial for Androgenetic Alopecia in 2002. The current pipeline timeline estimates it to be released in 2021. That's a whopping 20 years. Mind blowing when you think about it.

Not really, no. In the American drug world, that's pretty standard.

I highly doubt Tsuji will be available to the public before 2028

This is conjecture not based on anything except your observation of 20 years for CB...

There's nothing from the official sources that suggest it will be 20 years from inception for Tsuji. The only reasonable assumption on this is that it's irrelevant because Riken's therapy will cost an astronomical amount — its release window is far less dismal.

Get on, and stay on the big 3. Save some shekels for Follica and possibility a transplant beneath that if the results of the former won't be enough by themselves, and MAYBE you'll also be able to get hairloss "immunized" within the next couple years as well.

There are going to be new products on the market within a fairly short number of years — that's no longer something worth doubting. What is, though, is the maximum efficacy of these things and their affordability.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
im not that sure about this. it could be for example that it grows only very weak hair or hair like minoxidil that is cosmetically irrelevant. or it could grow hair in bad directions. there is a difference between growing it in a lab or growing a single cloned human hair and making it so that it is cosmetically a good result. thats a lot more challenging i think. we will probably see cloned hair grown in humans in the next few years but there is a path from that stage to having thousands of grafts planted on your scalp in an aesthetically solid manner
Doesn't matter its OVER for you anyways you acne ridden manlet