Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

BonnPlayer

Reaction score
Hey mates, I've found this on another website. Apparently shiseido published an patent in 2018 which got released in May 2019. The patent states that they have been able to regenerate hair using cells, and that they can multiply them. Moreover they are creating an immortalized DPC through gene editing. Maybe someone who is more educated in this subject could explain what is this all about?

https://www.j-platpat.inpit.go.jp/c...D50FFAF571630E1250B4FCEE674882A08D3B041/11/en

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
right wingers have on average a significantly reduced iq. they don't even understand what they are really talking about and often times live in their own world. american conservatism is the true cancer of the world, even worse than islamism(and its killed more people as well)

I love it when they suggest europe is a sh*t hole communist authoritarian state, meanwhile they are being surveilled at every step of their day(right wingers love that) and can't even afford f*****g healthcare, the red scare propaganda from the 20th century has damaged a lot of brains and its a long lasting effect, thats my theory at least. otherwise nobody would be dumb enough to be such a sheep listening to the corporate elite

Says the guy who uncritically adopts zeitgeisty German anti-American hyperbole as absolute truth. If you'd prefer to live in Saudi Arabia instead of Alabama because you think that American Conservatism is 'the true cancer of the world' you are borderline brain damaged. On a spectrum, even 'moderate' Islam(ism) makes American conservatism look like some flowery leftist drivel.
To not acknowledge that as someone identifying with the left side of the spectrum requires some serious ideological delusion.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey mates, I've found this on another website. Apparently shiseido published an patent in 2018 which got released in May 2019. The patent states that they have been able to regenerate hair using cells, and that they can multiply them. Moreover they are creating an immortalized DPC through gene editing. Maybe someone who is more educated in this subject could explain what is this all about?

https://www.j-platpat.inpit.go.jp/c...D50FFAF571630E1250B4FCEE674882A08D3B041/11/en

"Based on these findings, Haga et al. introduce P16 INK 4 a specific short hairpin RNA and BMI 1 gene into various human cells and inhibit P16 to avoid cell arrest. It has been shown that various human cells can be immortalized without destabilizing chromosomes by introducing human TERT and avoiding cell senescence due to shortening of telomere length (1:Hagaet al., Cancer Sci., 2007, 98:147 - 154).

[0005]We have successfully created an immortalized DPC by applying this finding to a mouse DPC and introducing the TERT and BMI 1 genes into mouse nasal hair DPC using a lentiviral vector. Further, the obtained immortalized DPC was subjected to a hair reconstruction assay using isolated keratinocytes, and as a result, it was revealed that it had an effect of newly inducing hair follicles in vivo"

At this point I'm thinking, great they can do it in mice so maybe in ten years they can do it in humans. Then they confirm they can not do it in humans.

"In view of the application in the field of hair regeneration in humans, it is also desired to immortalize human hair papilla cells (hDPC). However, it is extremely difficult to grow hDPC in culture, and an attempt to immortalize has not been successful."

However,

"The present inventors have found that an isolated hDPC can be cultured by culturing an isolated hDPC in a medium supplemented with human platelet-rich plasma (PRP). Furthermore, it has been found that by introducing telomeric reverse transcriptase (TERT) and BMI 1 genes into expanded hDPC, immortalized human papilla cells (hPC) can be produced."

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not institutionalized in the government. Women in America are not pushed out of judicial positions for not being a virgin until the bridal bed. There must be some serious cognitive dissonance going on if you equalize a nation that's basically seculiar with a semi-islamistic state.
I am neither American nor Christian btw.

Ummmm it is in your government, there was a f*****g reverend at the inauguration. You can not seriously believe this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/us/politics/inauguration-speakers.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/31/us/politics/paula-white-trump.html

f*****g lol if you don't think the GOP is controlled by a f*****g mental evangelical agenda. Honestly, your cognitive dissonace is crazy. Y'all Qaeda is rampant in the states.

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a reverend at Obama's inauguration too. What is your point? Did he throw a homosexual off the Washington Monument or go around the crowd confiscating drivers licenses from women? You can't really believe Christians are as backwards as Muslims. And I say that as an athiest.

Your mistake is confusing Muslim with fundamentalist muslim. There are f*****g tons of muslims who are just normal people getting on with their lives. The fundamental Christians are easily as insane, and that's not even debatable really.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

A glimmer of hope... It's scary how agressive people can be on this forum, when we should all be empathetic towards each other!

Thanks for posting this. Where did you find it?

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A glimmer of hope... It's scary how agressive people can be on this forum, when we should all be empathetic towards each other!

Thanks for posting this. Where did you find it?

It was posted on stockhouse.
Unfortunately in the patent is described not RCH-01 technology.
They speak about gene modified Human Papilla cells which are much more risky than RepliCels technology with Dermal sheath cup cells

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think I'm the one who is confused. I have Muslim and Christian friends. I even have Democrat friends. They're all great people who just have different beliefs than myself. I will say though, I don't see orthodox Christians blowing up buildings. Maybe you should stop being such a hater, and learn to respect everyone regardless of their philosophical beliefs.

"On 16 July 2001, Peter James Knight walked into the East Melbourne Fertility Clinic, a private abortion provider, carrying a rifle and other weapons[74] including 16 litres of kerosene, three lighters, torches, 30 gags, and a handwritten note that read "We regret to advise that as a result of a fatal accident involving some members of staff, we have been forced to cancel all appointments today". Knight later stated that he intended to massacre everyone in the clinic, and attack all Melbourne abortion clinics. He developed home made mouth gags and door jambs to restrain all patients and staff inside a clinic while he doused them with the kerosene.[75] He shot 44-year-old Stephen Gordon Rogers, a security guard, in the chest, killing him. Staff and clients overpowered him soon after. He intended to massacre the 15 staff and 26 patients at the clinic by burning them alive.[76]"

"
Eric Robert Rudolph carried out the Centennial Olympic Park bombing in 1996, as well as subsequent attacks on an abortion clinic and a lesbian nightclub. Michael Barkun, a professor at Syracuse University, considers Rudolph to likely fit the definition of a Christian terrorist. James A. Aho, a professor at Idaho State University, argues that religious considerations inspired Rudolph only in part.[77]"

Try reading then. Either way its off topic so lets stop

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RCH-01 – RepliCel’s cell therapy for the treatment of Androgenic Alopecia has been the subject of a successful phase 1 trial in Europe and a clinical study now complete in Japan. Shiseido is expected to announce soon whether it will commercially launch the product in Japan or conduct further development and clinical testing. RepliCel will not plan for a phase 2 clinical trial of this product until it has the RCI-02 injector commercially available to use in such a trial and it has clarity from Shiseido regarding its plans for the product in Japan.

Partnership with Shiseido – The dispute regarding the status of the agreement between Shiseido and RepliCel, for the license of RCH-01 in Asia, remains unresolved but is not the subject of any litigation or arbitration. RepliCel maintains the Agreement remains intact and has recently demanded that Shiseido share the data from the recently completed study of RCH-01 in Japan. With the completion of the Japanese RCH-01 study earlier this year, RepliCel is now actively engaging Shiseido to deliver the study data and reach a resolution to the dispute between the parties. RepliCel is eager to end the ongoing dispute and work with Shiseido to commercialize RCH-01. - Replicel

The good waiting game...

noveau22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the post MeDK, f*** i'm losing hair on my side burns too and I suppose a hair system soon for me.

FML! I really hope they find a cure soon even if it means a hair system for a year or 2. BTW screw you ppl who are going off topic w/ this BS.
Hope yall doing well and have a great Thanksgiving soon!

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone here that knows more about this stuff read this patent:

At the end of 'Details Description' it States:

[Industrial applicability]
[0074]
"The present invention is able to grow and immortalize hDPC while growing it.

It is expected to be applied to studies of hair and the like in humans, and to the field of hair regeneration, and its industrial value is high."

Last edited:

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
why is shiseido working with Replicel at all?

I mean, they're much bigger. They should be able to commercialize it in Europe much better than Replicel.

Because it's Replicel's technology. Shiseido bought the rights for it in Asia, and part of their agreement is working together with Replicel. They do not have the rights to commercialize it in Europe.

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know the source of this, but apparently, hair-cloning will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars at the beginning of its commercialization

wencurebro

My Regimen
Reaction score

So it will be interesting to see both the results from the University of British Columbia joint study and the Shiseido study when they are announced – and how this may all play out.

You know, at this point I‘d rather say “if*** they will be announced“ instead of when they are announced, regarding shiseido

I don't know the source of this, but apparently, hair-cloning will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars at the beginning of its commercialization

Aha cool but Shiseido is not hair-cloning Tsuji is hair-cloning and we‘re already aware that it’s gonna be expensive, a rch-01 procedure was supposed to cost around $1000

dante12

My Regimen
Reaction score
All very nice, but if Shiseido doesn’t get what they want from Replicel, will they ever go ahead in the meantime? If they have finished phase II why don’t commercialize because of the favorable Japanese laws?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If they have finished phase II why don’t commercialize because of the favorable Japanese laws?

As I'd been saying before this thread had spiraled into chaos a few pages back, that is indeed a pertinent question.

Really gay that this may be going the way of Aderans. It is sounding like they're just sitting on it and waiting to see if RepliCel's research can make it better because "we don't wanna do any work".

We have something that can stop hairloss, but it may be once again getting cockblocked by bureaucracy and assholes in suits who demand a regrowth product and nothing less.

If there isn't some serious good news about this from Shiseido over the next ~6 months or so, I'm gonna go with "Just forget about it". If they were intending on releasing it anytime soon, they've had plenty of time to begin moving towards that by now.

The Japanophiles of the forum will be devastated.

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm also extremely worried. Disappointment seems to be the MO in the field of cutting edge medicine.