Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

baldboys

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If i remember well, Replicell and Shisheido didnt broke up in good terms, there were even threats of legal action from Shiseido part. Maybe the perceived lack of optimism from CEO Lee Bucker is simply the fact that he simply doesnt know, as Shiseido doenst communicate with him after the relations cut, or even that he holds some kind of grudge against the japanese, even thought it would benefit his company to have it launched in japan.

Just a educated guess.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
2e3zfar.png

Thanks for the above post Bags and thanks for setting the record straight about what Buckler said. And Buckler said this just a few days ago so this is his recent position. You've proved that occulus did, in fact, misrepresent what Buckler said.

We should all accept that occulus is nothing but a troll? He misrepresented what Buckler said so he could stir up sh*t and upset people. He does this type of sh*t all the time and he does it because he's an attention-wh*** who wants responses from other people. We should all ignore that damn troll because he's just a liar looking for attention and responses.

Last edited:

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You better hope that something that grows a lot of hair hits the market before Replicel or some other vaccine-like product does, because once a vaccine is developed, that's the end of any research into hair growth - there simply won't be a financial motive to continue with it.

There is a vaccine for Polio, and yet research into every kind of virus from the flu to deadly viruses like meningitis still happening around the world. Scientists are also trying to figure out how to re-grow cochlear hair cells responsible for human hearing. We're one of the many species that can't re-grow our cochlear hair cells.

And, scientists like Elaine Fuchs started studying scalp hair growth in the hopes of understanding cancer cells. Our hair cells are the only other cells in our bodies which also divide and multiply rapidly. And they are more accessible to scientists for study than, for example, brain tumours or tumours that might grow within one's abdominal organs. It's not always about the aesthetic or social value of hair.

Last edited:

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And, scientists like Elaine Fuchs started studying scalp hair growth in the hopes of understanding cancer cells. Our hair cells are the only other cells in our bodies which also divide and multiply rapidly. And they are more accessible to scientists for study than, for example, brain tumours or tumours that might grow within one's abdominal organs. It's not always about the aesthetic or social value of hair.
That's the whole point, exactly.

GodisnotBald

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I don't really know what's going on here: I was totally shocked when I read that some companies develop "false scalp" created with a 3-D printer before puting hair on it and stick this sh*t on your head.

Holly crap how stupid is this? We are men we are not loosers wearing balls-skin on the head like morron; we want fresh & real hair. There are only two options that are worth investing in : GMO hair follicules duplication and meds stoping the evolution of this crappy disease

I don't know how Replicel and other companies are going to perform but one thing is damn sure: if a solution does not come aroung in the very next decade we will raise hundreds of millions via investment funds managed by bald businessmen having a real interest in curing that sh*t (not onfly a Financial interest) and crowdfunding to create a damn Hair Corporation financed by bald people willing to find a real cure.

Make our Hair Great Again for f*** sake

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's my point; there won't be a large enough potential market to justify it. Even today, the hair loss market is so small that there are very few players looking into hair growth protocols; what happens when a significant portion of that potential market disappears because everyone gets vaccinated before they lose any hair?

If what youre saying about market dynamics is true, then there should be no profitability in orphaned drugs to treat rare diseases, but such is not the case -orphaned drugs are a significant source of revenue for drug companies today.

And if polio or meningitis vaccines are considered cures, then why is there still research going on around the world for those diseases still?

Similarly, vitamin A supplements can prevent childhood blindness affecting mainly children in third world countries, but still the holy grail for blindness research is to be able to re-grow retinas in a lab and either cause them to grow back or to be able create a retina from scratch to better treat rare genetic diseases that lead to blindness.

Additionally, what percentage of bald people in the developing world would be able to afford to fly to Japan for a vaccine to stop hair loss? I am still thinking in terms of Angela Christiano's prediction for the cure. It will come in the form of a relatively cheap over the counter cream or ointment, and the largest number of people in the world will be able to afford it. It's also possible Shiseido, Tsjuji and Follica are the ones with a small window of market opportunity if Christiano, Jahoda, Higgins, Cotsarelis, Aclaris et al can figure out how to transform the stem cell reserves in bald scalps into progenitor cells.

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I said he doesn't sound optimistic that they will release in 2019 - is there anything in that exchange that would suggest he's optimistic that they will?

I'm glad I still have a lot of hair, because unless Brotzu releases, there isn't anything happening in the next three years at the least. As to attention whoring - lets compare post counts, shall we? I have fewer than 500 in a year, while you have over a thousand. Why? Because I have a life and have things to do other than post here all day, every day.

Look, I get it - you're bald, lonely, and generally unsuccessful at life. If I were as pathetic as you, I'd be pretty grumpy, too. Now dislike some more of my posts - oh wait, you can't, because the mod limits how many you can do on account of you being totally batshit crazy.

I think we all know there could easily be delays for any reason. It's happened countless times, so it isn't out of the question for these to be released later. I tend to agree with @occulus that replicel becoming a preventative could impact people that need more than that now. You've all presented examples of science still working to solve problems, but I do think this takes a portion of the potential earning power from developing a remedy for those needing new hairs, which makes it harder for companies to commit money to developing a solution. That doesn't mean they won't, but I would guess it'll certainly impact how hard companies will push. Hopefully I'm wrong, and hopefully there aren't delays, and we get treatments that can solve this disease asap! I do understand people hesitating to accept timelines considering all the delays these companies have encountered tho.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So are we expecting more data in the next few months?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm very excited for this. If you're Norwood 3+ you can just get a hair transplant and get this

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
If everything goes as planned (I know... big if) this will be out in 16-18 months. That's not THAT far down the road

not for nw2 motherfuckers like you :D:D

ill be a nw5 be then.

im contemplating getting surgery to fill my gaps now and hope that treatment like this will come out EVENTUALLY. its a gamble. but f*** it. i hate being bald

RobinZain

My Regimen
Reaction score
not for nw2 motherfuckers like you :D:D

ill be a nw5 be then.

im contemplating getting surgery to fill my gaps now and hope that treatment like this will come out EVENTUALLY. its a gamble. but f*** it. i hate being bald
I feel you man. Recently in college, I asked a girl for some notes, she told me to get it from some X sir, when I told I didn't know who that was, she referred to him as that bald guy. f***, I felt so bad for that guy, and decided I am not going bald for f***'s sake.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
I honestly think it's game over for us.

Replicel will be out too late to save us but may end baldness for future generations. Sadly, like occulus said, that also diminishes the incentive for a full cure. Yes, research will still be carried out but at what pace? Even now, with a vast, underserviced market, we've been waiting for twenty goddamn years for a new product.

A cure coming out eventually was never the issue - a cure coming out in time was. And for most of us that time has just about run out. There's something quite poetic about the one thing we've all been asking for ultimately screwing us over.

You think 10 years from now a cure is gonna give you your youth back along with your hair but it f*****g won't.

You know that once Replicel out, you'll still wait to hear the testimonies and see if it works. And god knows how much longer you'll have to wait to see if it's actually permanent.

All these ideas about reclaiming our lives with a hair transplant the moment it's released are fancies, relying on the (highly unlikely) absolute best case scenario that doesn't allow for even the tiniest setback. Even then it's two years of lost hair away. By then you won't even f*****g need it because your hair loss will likely have stabilized anyway.

Not to mention a hair transplant is just never going to look like a natural head of hair. That may be negligable now that the alternative is baldness but it will make all the difference once immunized, unscathed fullheads are the norm.

Last edited:

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I honestly think it's game over for us.

Replicel will be out too late to save us but may end baldness for future generations. Sadly, like occulus said, that also diminishes the incentive for a full cure. Yes, research will still be carried out but at what pace? Even now, with a vast, underserviced market, we've been waiting for twenty goddamn years for a new product.

A cure coming out eventually was never the issue - a cure coming out in time was. And for most of us that time has just about run out. There's something quite poetic about the one thing we've all been asking for ultimately screwing us over.

You think 10 years from now, a cure is gonna give you your youth back along with your hair but it f*****g won't.

You know that once Replicel out, you'll still wait to hear the testimonies and see if it works. And god knows how much longer you'll have to wait to see if it's actually permanent.

All these ideas about reclaiming our lives with a hair transplant the moment it's released are fancies, relying on the (highly unlikely) absolute best case scenario that doesn't allow for even the tiniest setback. Even then it's two years of lost hair away. By then you won't even f*****g need it because your hair loss will likely have stabilized anyway.

Not to mention a hair transplant is just never going to look like a natural head of hair. That may be negligable now that the alternative is baldness but it will make all the difference once immunized and unscathed fullheads are the norm.

i think we are fucked too. were the generation where all this sh*t gets developed but not in time for us. lol. year after year we hope and pray something will come out that will end this nightmare for us but its bullshit. we are torturing ourselves with false hope.

im sure ill get a lot of hate for this. i dont mean to be a downer. i truly hope better treatments come out in the next few years but i dont think they will. 10-15 maybe. by which ill be in 40s.

i feel for you guys where hairloss ruined your looks. guys who are average looking, have feminine faces, weird shaped heads, cant handle meds etc etc. it must f*****g horrible. f*** hair loss and f*** the new research section